White guy working at Uptown Bar Kampot accused of beating local woman

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Re: White guy working at Uptown Bar Kampot accused of beating local woman

Post by ItWasntMe »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:47 am Just saw some CCTV footage of the assault on FB, will try and upload if I can work it out
Otherwise just link to the FB post and someone else might be able to share it.

Or at least tell us does it look as bad as it sounds?
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

It appears to only show a snippet of what happened, have shared the link with someone more technicalogically advanced than me to share
Qedres
Tourist

Post by Qedres »

The video is circulating on facebook.

It shows him throwing her on the ground outside and taking her purse.

It does not show inside the bar.

Qedres
Tourist

Post by Qedres »

John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Did he steal her bag after smacking her on the ground? Lowlife creep.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:44 am Did he steal her bag after smacking her on the ground? Lowlife creep.
There is a small possibility
  • She stole it from someone else and he was recovering it,
  • She Stole something from him that is in the bag
  • They were doing drugs together previously, she has some in her bag and wouldn’t share

I.e they may both be lowlifes
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
ofparadise
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ofparadise »

violet wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:19 am
John Bingham wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:44 am Did he steal her bag after smacking her on the ground? Lowlife creep.
  • They were doing drugs together previously, she has some in her bag and wouldn’t share
Still does not condone what the short tempered fella did. The video clearly shows that it was an unprovoked attack. He was in no real danger.

Your points will probably only be relevant as mitigation factors at his sentencing hearing.

Side note: I really wish the civil courts carried more bang in this country. Scum like that need to be put in their place. And a beating is not going to cut it. That's over in a few minutes. But a few years of litigation and financial drain will sober up any misconceptions about his sense of entitlement.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

violet wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:19 am

I'm sure there is a backstory but that still looks pretty bad, when you start handling your business like this in front of everyone then you've clearly lost the plot.

Also wasn't there supposed to be a glass involved and stitches to the head? Assuming what we're seeing is taking place somewhere in the middle of the altercation.

Is it even the same girl that's later in the hospital bed or did more people get involved?
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

ofparadise wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:19 am The video clearly shows that it was an unprovoked attack.
It doesn’t show that at all. At the beginning of the video, the bystanders are clearly aware of something going on, before the two enter the frame. The energy that both the woman and the man have as they enter the field of view doesn’t make it look calm, casual. Rather, it hints that something had been going on prior.
It may be that his attack from the beginning is unprovoked, but the only things this video shows clearly are him pushing her to the ground, him taking an object (her bag?), his engaging with the bystanders. The video doesn’t put the events in context with the story which is the subject of the thread.

I’d have to ask the question, too, about the glass, and injury to her head. She appears to have a fair amount of energy in the video, but is hooked up to all sorts in the hospital photo, and appears quite incapacitated.
Same woman?

I’m not in anyway condoning his actions, but I’m certainly not in any position to see all the information, to understand how events unfolded.

Edited- if you play the video very slowly, as the couple enter the frame, there appears to be an object, square shaped, between the two as she passes him. Presumption is it’s her bag that he later takes, but was it actually something he had, before? There’s no mention of any bag being stolen in the back story that I’ve read Only the wound to her head.
Last edited by Freightdog on Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Albror
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by Albror »

Kampot chara keep spreading this story even after Kampot police posted on their official Facebook telling her not to do so.

Owner made a post saying that there are lies about the story we are told, the one she is spreading. Chara have many that she does not like and that does not like her so maybe there is a agenda behind this and she is helping to push a lie to get rid of this guy? Or where did she come from and why is she pushing it so hard that she even ingore the local police instructions? The police that are to deal with this case?

Not denying the footage but maybe they spiced it up quite alot to retaliate against the guy. Because after all, what position will he be in to defend himself?
Last edited by Albror on Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic