Ukraine Refugees

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Ukraine Refugees

Post by Tootsfriend »

Do you think it would be a good idea for Cambodia to announce that they would accept a number of refugees from the Ukraine ? Are there any Ukrainian people already living here ?

I'm going to put my money where my mouth is and say I would accept a family . Is there a NGO in PP I should contact.
Gazzy
Expatriate
South Africa

Re: Ukraine Refugees

Post by Gazzy »

Khmers helping others? Hahaha
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Cambodia allowed tens of thousands of Vietnamese refugees to stay here during the First Indochinese War.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Gazzy wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:20 pm Khmers helping others? Hahaha
Cambodia is way over-represented in UN peacekeeping forces.
They just sent a lot of vaccine trucks to Laos.
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Grand Barong »

Tootsfriend wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:00 am Do you think it would be a good idea for Cambodia to announce that they would accept a number of refugees from the Ukraine ? Are there any Ukrainian people already living here ?

I'm going to put my money where my mouth is and say I would accept a family . Is there a NGO in PP I should contact.

How do you suppose you are going to accept a Ukrainian family into PP to support/sponsor when you are in KOW on a 30 day tourist visa yourself? :unknown:

Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia
Re: No more tourist visa conversions
Post by Tootsfriend » Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:02 pm

Looks like when I arrive I'm trapped with a 30 day tourist visa , extendable for another 30 days. The choice then is to fly to Thailand, apply for a Cambodia tourist e-visa and return , and repeat.
Question,, Can I apply for tourist a e-visa while I am still in Cambodia, so I can fly to Thailand and immediately return on the new visa. I do have a valid second Passport from another country maybe I will have to use that.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

It’s a caked virtue signalling. It’s a young in-thing.

I’m amounts to posting about how I d like to help but it amounts to Jack shit.
People of the world, spice up your life.
down_time
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by down_time »

Certainly went well when they accepted refugees from Australian offshore processing sites.
Maybe someone else remembers the details but I thought they all ended up leaving for other countries in the end.
On the bright side the boss made $$$ on the deal by making it a cash for refugees deal with the Australian govt.
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

mannanman wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:24 pm It’s a caked virtue signalling. It’s a young in-thing.

I’m amounts to posting about how I d like to help but it amounts to Jack shit.
Grand Barong wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:00 pm
Tootsfriend wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:00 am Do you think it would be a good idea for Cambodia to announce that they would accept a number of refugees from the Ukraine ? Are there any Ukrainian people already living here ?

How do you suppose you are going to accept a Ukrainian family into PP to support/sponsor when you are in KOW on a 30 day tourist visa yourself? :unknown:

Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia
Re: No more tourist visa conversions
Post by Tootsfriend » Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:02 pm

Looks like when I arrive I'm trapped with a 30 day tourist visa , extendable for another 30 days. The choice then is to fly to Thailand, apply for a Cambodia tourist e-visa and return , and repeat.
Question,, Can I apply for tourist a e-visa while I am still in Cambodia, so I can fly to Thailand and immediately return on the new visa. I do have a valid second Passport from another country maybe I will have to use that.

Comments from posters that dont even know me or what I have done in Cambodia over the last 18 years. But carry on, drunken keyboard warriors trying to put me down wont stop me from helping people whenever I can.

How do you suppose you are going to accept a Ukrainian family into PP to support/sponsor when you are in KOW on a 30 day tourist visa yourself?

What a stupid comment. You do know that you dont have to be in Cambodia to support someone there.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

If you’ve really been living here for 18 years (as apposed to visiting every year) you’d know there are indeed Ukrainians living here and you’d probably know some and maybe ask them.
People of the world, spice up your life.
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

mannanman wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:32 pm If you’ve really been living here for 18 years (as apposed to visiting every year) you’d know there are indeed Ukrainians living here and you’d probably know some and maybe ask them.
I guess I'm the only member here that does not know a Ukrainian person then. Thats why I asked the questions in the OP. Hey and guess what , I dont know any Poles, Hungarians or Romanians either.

It's easy to see how threads go way off topic when members cannot read or understand what is asked in the OP.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic