Considering stopover in Cambodia. Possible?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Considering stopover in Cambodia. Possible?

Post by daeum_tnaot »

Hello all,

I am considering stopping over in Cambodia on my way from another Asian country to my home country. I'm trying to confirm that this is logistically possible.

-Am fully vaccinated. What kind of paperwork do I need to prove it?

-I believe I can get an e-visa tourist visa applied for online.

- How many hours/days before departure do I need a PCR Covid test? Does Cambodia require additional tests at the airport? There is no quarantine if you are vaccinated?

- When I am departing I'll need a visa for my final destination. Last time I was in Phnom Penh, there was only one Covid testing facility in Tuol Kok that would be accepted by airlines. Has the situation improved at all?

Thanks very much for your comments!
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Considering stopover in Cambodia. Possible?

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Yes possible, see my guide on entry requirements here...
topic48609.html
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

The above is a tough act to follow. Don't expect any advancement on his info.

Unless you apply for job in Sihanoukville (no).
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:56 pm Yes possible, see my guide on entry requirements here...
topic48609.html
Thanks that's great! All the info is there.

Is that Covid testing place in Toul Kok still the only place where you can get a test for onward travel?
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

All right so it sounds like the test is a little expensive but doable.

That insurance to transit through Thailand is worrying though. People say it can be bought at the Phnom Penh airport but I will be flying from somewhere else. Who is selling it?
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

@daeum_tnaot you can't buy it at the airport, you can jump online and purchase it while at the airport. Any insurance that covers you for Thailand, COVID and minimum $50,000 is acceptable ie.World Nomads, etc.
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

OK, so according to the Facebook post on Cambodian Visa and Work Permit, it sounds like it's still safer to get an e-visa rather than relying on Visa on Arrival. Also, some airlines are still refusing boarding if one doesn't have a PCR test.

And since I'm flying through Singapore I don't need travel insurance.

Does that sound about right?
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

daeum_tnaot wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:20 am OK, so according to the Facebook post on Cambodian Visa and Work Permit, it sounds like it's still safer to get an e-visa rather than relying on Visa on Arrival. Also, some airlines are still refusing boarding if one doesn't have a PCR test.

And since I'm flying through Singapore I don't need travel insurance.

Does that sound about right?
Not sure where in the Visa group you read that?

With effect 17th March;

- Pre-flight PCR testing no longer required
- No RAT testing on arrival
- The issuing of Visas on Arrival has resumed
- 14 days mandatory quarantine for unvaccinated travellers still applies

Just remember that these changes often take some time to filter out to the Airlines, so ensure you check with the airlines what criteria they are applying, and don't forget to double check transit destination requirements.

Most recent reports indicate that the majority of airlines are now up to speed with the changes, Singapore Airlines definitely are according to their updated travel requirements on their website as well as first hand reports. So, no need for pre-flight PCR test or Visa in advance for entry into Cambodia, no issues with VOA. I always advise people to carry print outs of the official directives just to be on the safe side also

Flexxman
Expatriate

Post by Flexxman »

Arrived last week on e-visa - it was a breeze. Some notes:

- Applied around two weeks before. It took 5 working days to get issued.
- I know of someone more optimistic doing it just 3 days prior only not to receive it timely.
- When uploading picture of passport it got scanned and all details including photo filled in to check/correct. All was already fine.
- On arrival health declaration form, then straight to the immigration desk, handover passport and e-visa print, off I went into Cambodia.
- Requirement having two print-outs - not sure why (maybe for departure purposes, did not have to leave one copy).

Immigration did need a Cambodian phone number/address of stay. Which I put in the e-visa application so thought they'd had that already. Same with the health declaration form but there I just jotted down a made up number but they did not seem to care much about that.

Transit in Bangkok was easy as an attendant brought me to the gate passing all checks with priorirty. Long lines (distanced chairs set up!) for those going into Thailand. When boarding the flight to PNH showing covid insurance/coverage appeared important. As the requirement was recently scrapped I did initially not produce that copy and they made quite a fuss about checking it while it should no longer be necessary.

See link to Forteinsurance on the pic PSD-Kiwi pasted in you can buy online last-minute if needed. Search aseannow.com for a similar Thai insurer/service.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic