Siem Reap: Three foreigners arrested for taking off clothes

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Siem Reap: Three foreigners arrested for taking off clot

Post by prahkeitouj »

Samouth wrote:
prahkeitouj wrote:
Samouth wrote:
prahkeitouj wrote:Is Cambodia too hot?
I guess so. let see if there are any local versions. :lol:
If I want to be on the news, I'm just naked. Local police have more work because those guys! Lolzz
Don't beat me hahahahahahahaahaha i want to do it. :ROFL2: :ROFL:
Call me when you do it, I'll take a photo and post in CEO. Lolzzz
Note: I'll ask you to teach me how to post a picture in CEO. :p
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

prahkeitouj wrote:
Samouth wrote:
prahkeitouj wrote:
Samouth wrote:
I guess so. let see if there are any local versions. :lol:
If I want to be on the news, I'm just naked. Local police have more work because those guys! Lolzz
Don't beat me hahahahahahahaahaha i want to do it. :ROFL2: :ROFL:
Call me when you do it, I'll take a photo and post in CEO. Lolzzz
Note: I'll ask you to teach me how to post a picture in CEO. :p
hahahaha, yes do it and you will never see me online on CEO again. :lol:
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Update from PPP

Ta Prohm exhibitionists face expulsion

Three more foreign tourists face being kicked out of Cambodia for taking naked photos at the Angkor Archeological Park.

Two men, an Italian and Argentinean, and a Dutch woman were arrested yesterday afternoon at Ta Prohm temple by tourism police, according to Long Kosal, a spokesman for the Apsara Authority, which manages the historic complex.

"They are now at court for legal action," Kosal said. "A tourism agent arrested them when they saw activities of [the group] taking nude photos from behind the body."

It is the third time this year visitors to the World Heritage site have been busted for taking nude photos of themselves among the ancient ruins.

In February, two American sisters were booted out of the Kingdom for stripping down at the Preah Khan temple, while in January three French travellers arrested at Banteay Kdei temple were deported for "exposure of sexual organs".

Following the spate of incidents, Apsara vowed to boost security at the park.

As with the previous cases, the trio's behavior has been slammed as offensive to Cambodian culture.

"This kind of activity really affects Cambodian society," Kosal said.

"Cambodian temples have been constructed to dedicate to God and ancestors … which are valued religious beliefs. No tourists can take off their clothes."
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
MekongMouse
Expatriate

Post by MekongMouse »

vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

One thing that no one has mentioned, the topless stone apasaras' boobs are getting worn down from touch-feely visitors to the temple.

Kind of ironic to ban nudity when the whole place was brimming with topless nubile wenches at its zenith.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

vladimir wrote:One thing that no one has mentioned, the topless stone apasaras' boobs are getting worn down from touch-feely visitors to the temple.

Kind of ironic to ban nudity when the whole place was brimming with topless nubile wenches at its zenith.
Why compare the modern with primitive time. Do you think that people all over the world were clothed during Angkor period or pre-Angkor period. We always claim that Angkor complex is our sacred place, so people should behave properly. There are many places in Cambodia they can get nude like the remote island where they are not seen by other people etc.
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

vladimir wrote:One thing that no one has mentioned, the topless stone apasaras' boobs are getting worn down from touch-feely visitors to the temple.

So is it ok if the tourists have sex at The Khajuraho temples in India?????
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

It's ok, after two years of studying the problem, the authorities have everything under control with a new list of rules for Angkor visitors - which should be ready "soon". :bow:
After several recent incidents of tourists behaving badly at the Angkor Archaeological Park, the Apsara Authority said yesterday that it has nearly completed a code of conduct for tourists visiting the temples, a work two years in the making.

By early June, they should be ready to send a draft to experts at the International Criminal Court to review the code’s legality, Sok Sangvar, head of tourism management planning for Apsara, said yesterday. But much of it is common sense.

“Basically the code looks at where we need to indicate what not to do when visiting Angkor,” Sangvar said. “[Such as] not dressing inappropriately, and not touching things.”
http://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/n ... ors-angkor
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Not being Chinese...
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic