Jussie Smollett sentenced to 150 days in jail in fake attack

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Jonathan.W
Tourist
Cambodia

Re: Jussie Smollett sentenced to 150 days in jail in fake attack

Post by Jonathan.W »

Freightdog wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:31 pm
Username Taken wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:07 pm Who cares?
What? How dare you? Don't you know? Black Liars Matter just as much as... other worthy considerations.

(Yes. bad humour mode set to 110%)

Its people like you that propagate BS to inspire other people to feel some type of negative way towards black people.

I've see discrimination towards blacks my entire life and have even seen some physically attacked just for simply being black.

One thing about Cambodia is the foreigners here Love to instigate some type of hatred toward Black people and I'm not fucking having it!
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Part of why the Smollett case was so ridiculous is that the data on interracial crime generally goes in the opposite direction. While most crime in the US is intraracial, most crime involving blacks and whites has a white victim.

Some BJS data broken down:
https://www.pilotonline.com/opinion/col ... story.html
To make her case, she uses the latest Bureau of Justice Statistics 2018 survey of criminal victimization. Mac Donald writes: “According to the study, there were 593,598 interracial violent victimizations (excluding homicide) between blacks and whites last year, including white-on-black and black-on-white attacks. Blacks committed 537,204 of those interracial felonies, or 90%, and whites committed 56,394 of them, or less than 10%. That ratio is becoming more skewed, despite the Democratic claim of Trump-inspired white violence. In 2012-13, blacks committed 85% of all interracial victimizations between blacks and whites; whites committed 15%. From 2015 to 2018, the total number of white victims and the incidence of white victimization have grown as well.”
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

Jonathan.W wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:26 am
What? How dare you? Don't you know? Black Liars Matter just as much as... other worthy considerations.

Its people like you that propagate BS to inspire other people to feel some type of negative way towards black people.

I've see discrimination towards blacks my entire life and have even seen some physically attacked just for simply being black.

One thing about Cambodia is the foreigners here Love to instigate some type of hatred toward Black people and I'm not fucking having it!
Is that you Jussie?
Seriously though, if you want to argue the case for racism directed at blacks you really should find a better example than this one, because the only person instigating racial hatred happened to be black, who happened to hire a couple of other black guys to carry out a “race hate HOAX ATTACK”
No whites were involved in any way, just some black guys out to gain financially from stirring up racial tension.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

I’m guessing you’re a subscriber to the argument that if you don’t agree with someone absolutely, then you must be racist. Well done for failing to read it all properly, and to understand it.
It’s people like you that perpetuate and validate these false victim stereotypes, and dilute the real argument. Carry on, though.
And while you’re at it, quote or link to the BS that I’m supposedly propagating. Let’s see if you’ve been keeping up with events, or if your outrage is born out of some false sense of righteousness.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Freightdog wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:34 am your outrage is born out of some false sense of righteousness.
Generally the case.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Jonathan, with all due respect, my negativity towards black people comes from my interactions with them in the streets of places like New York City and San Francisco. Interactions THEY have instigated, mind you, I wouldn't have approached any of them myself. Firsthand and long before even dreaming of visiting Cambodia.
pootylicious
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pootylicious »

For a guy like Juicy Smollet, ain't this like a free vacation to Disneyland?
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Freightdog wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:34 am

I’m guessing you’re a subscriber to the argument that if you don’t agree with someone absolutely, then you must be racist. Well done for failing to read it all properly, and to understand it.
It’s people like you that perpetuate and validate these false victim stereotypes, and dilute the real argument. Carry on, though.
And while you’re at it, quote or link to the BS that I’m supposedly propagating. Let’s see if you’ve been keeping up with events, or if your outrage is born out of some false sense of righteousness.
@Jonathan.W Hey, what does the "W" stand for?
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

The drama continues.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Free. For now.