Missing Schoolgirl Found Murdered

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Stravaiger
Expatriate

Re: Missing Schoolgirl Found Murdered

Post by Stravaiger »

Kum.

In Khmer vendettas revenge compounds like loan shark interest.
MrBen87
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by MrBen87 »

Doc67 wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 2:41 pm
This is seriously fucked up...

Yep and no doubt related to money or land
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

UPDATE: 2 Arrests
Two suspects arrested in connection with the murder of a 7-year-old girl in Poipet after CHARLIE22 diversified team spent 12 months investigating.
A man of 22 years and a woman of 22 years have been arrested by police and charged with murder of a 7-year-old girl that occurred on March 2, 2020. At 3:30 am on the day of the incident, the victim girl was travelling from home to the school but did not reach there.
When the victim wasn't seen returning home for lunch, the victim's father also called police. Police inquired the school, informed the victim had not made it to school that morning. The search has also begun with the participation of local police, the armed forces and several villagers. At 10:50 pm of the same day, the body of the victim was found with evidence that there was an attempt to conceal the body.
The CPU received the notification and dispatched the HIT and Technology Science Task Force (FST) to the scene. The professional team has done a fine scan on the body and the scene, and as a result, the CHARLIE22 diversified team was formed in cooperation between the Ministry of Interior, National Police General, Banteay Meanchey Provincial Police Commission, Police Technical and Science Department and Child Protection Unit (CPU).
Over the past 12 months, the police force has continued to carry out a busy investigation. Professional officers have scanned many items, many cars have been revoked, road blocks have been made, interviews have been done with many individuals throughout Cambodia. This investigation is a good example of professional and professional investigation procedures in very difficult and complex cases to provide results and justice for victims' families.
I would like to congratulate his Excellency Sgt. Nate Savorn, National Police Commissioner, for his hard work and leadership in this investigation. I would also like to congratulate His Excellency General Sith Loh, Banteay Meanchey Provincial Police Commissioner for monitoring and monitoring the investigation to make sure that we can find the truth about this case as well.
I would like to thank all the officers of the National Police and the team of the Child Protection Unit (CPU) for their involvement in this investigation. Also I would like to express my gratitude to the Ministry of Interior, National Police Headquarters, Banteay Meanchey Provincial Commissioner of Police, Technical and Science Department, Department of Crime and all local administrative police stations for their commitment and tireless efforts during the past 12 months. Suspect's detention stage. This was a huge success.
Once again I express my condolences to the families of the victims and I hope this arrest will provide truthful answers to what happened that day.
Thanks again to all members of the diverse team for their commitment and dedication to this investigation.

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Rick0213
Tourist
New Zealand

Post by Rick0213 »