Angry Birds Bar

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Angry Birds Bar

Post by frank lee bent »

the owner is a poster here, so maybe he will make amends
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

YORKIE wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:20 pm Yeah, I'm told 5 out of 3 Cambodian Bar Girls can't do fractions. :P :P
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

Gardiguy wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:43 pm Or just take it with you. Like anyone cares if you are walking 104/130/136 with an open beer, let alone anywhere else in Cambodia. smdh
He was walking 80 meters to Loco Bar. I can’t say I’ve ever seen someone walk into Loco Bar with a beer purchased at another bar, but I predict the owner would not take kindly to it. And rightly so, it’s a dick move.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

Yobbo wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:08 pm So they scummed it for the cost of a beer, brilliant business strategy :hattip:
They didn’t “scum it up” and no one was implementing any business strategy. Most of the girls are hired for their looks, not for their ability to exercise discretion when a customer wants to bend the rules slightly. Some of youngwill’s harem of sensible cashiers would have seen the big picture and re-offered the free beer, but not all of them can be expected to be on the ball 100% of the time.

Keep in mind that at many bars (not Angry Birds) the owner will dock a girl’s pay if she makes a mistake that costs the bar money.

The rule that the free beer offer expires when the customer departs the bar is a reasonable bright line rule that’s easy for mindless pretty girls to follow. What if he had come back 3 hours later, or the next night or a week later and asked for his free beer? Some guys would do that.

Some guys have argued with the girls that a sign on the wall offering a “buy two beers get one free” promotion means their second beer, not the third, should be free, because they have “bought two” if you include the free one.

You can’t expect the girls to deviate from bright line rules towards a policy of “the customer is always right” because a fair number of hostess bar customers are drink chit-eating chancers who will try to scam and intimidate them into giving them undeserved free drinks.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

A bit of a storm in an B-cup, seems like.
YORKIE
Expatriate

Post by YORKIE »

Time 4 feather ( I'm sure Jamie will know what that means.) :bigeyes:
jah steu
Expatriate
Australia

Angry Birds Bar

Post by jah steu »

Cam Nivag wrote:I’d say you’re wrong for expecting to accrue the free beer, leave for an hour, and return and claim it later. You earned the free beer, they offered it, you declined, you paid the bill and left. That ends the bar’s obligation to you.

And of course, the girls were wrong from a customer service standpoint not to just give you the no longer owed free beer when you came back an hour later. If the owner had been there, he surely would have given it to you.

The girls in these bars tend to see things in black and white terms, it’s hard for most of them to correctly exercise discretion in unexpected grey areas when it comes to customers requesting free stuff to which they aren’t absolutely entitled.
This sums it all up nicely. Of course, had I (the owner) been there, I would have laughed at the slight cheekiness of the request, and promptly handed over the free beer. And YORKIE may well have bought some more ladydrinks, rather than leaving feeling ‘shit’.
YORKIE doesn’t specify who he asked for the free beer. If it was a random member of staff, she should have referred him to the cashier or manager who would have remedied the situation. But she obviously didn’t. And she may well not have recognised him if she hadn’t been looking after him on his previous visit.
If he spoke to the cashier on his return visit, then yes she has erred. But as Cam Nivag says, Khmer bar staff see things in a black and white way and often find it hard to exercise initiative or discretion.
I hope YORKIE will accept the apologies of the Angry Birds team and come back to the bar in the future. A free ice-cold bottle of beer awaits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from embedded sub-cutaneous iPhone 9 using Tapatalk.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Cam Nivag wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:04 am
Yobbo wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:08 pm So they scummed it for the cost of a beer, brilliant business strategy :hattip:
They didn’t “scum it up” and no one was implementing any business strategy. Most of the girls are hired for their looks, not for their ability to exercise discretion when a customer wants to bend the rules slightly. Some of youngwill’s harem of sensible cashiers would have seen the big picture and re-offered the free beer, but not all of them can be expected to be on the ball 100% of the time.

Keep in mind that at many bars (not Angry Birds) the owner will dock a girl’s pay if she makes a mistake that costs the bar money.

The rule that the free beer offer expires when the customer departs the bar is a reasonable bright line rule that’s easy for mindless pretty girls to follow. What if he had come back 3 hours later, or the next night or a week later and asked for his free beer? Some guys would do that.

Some guys have argued with the girls that a sign on the wall offering a “buy two beers get one free” promotion means their second beer, not the third, should be free, because they have “bought two” if you include the free one.

You can’t expect the girls to deviate from bright line rules towards a policy of “the customer is always right” because a fair number of hostess bar customers are drink chit-eating chancers who will try to scam and intimidate them into giving them undeserved free drinks.
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

YORKIE wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:35 am Time 4 feather ( I'm sure Jamie will know what that means.) :bigeyes:
O:-)
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

Cam Nivag wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:04 am
They didn’t “scum it up” and no one was implementing any business strategy.
Its a business strategy called the tight fisted sphincter clincher, commonly used within the legal profession.
:evil:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic