Angry Birds Bar

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Angry Birds Bar

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

was nice to meet you yeah thought thats what you mentioned the other night

wow that is some spending
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

jah steu wrote:I was born in England but migrated to Aus in 1980, so consider myself Australian now.

Our biggest spender at Angry Birds so far drank his way through $650 one night, with the enthusiastic company of about ten girls. In five days at the bar he spent over $2,300. From what I've heard from other bar owners, there have been much bigger spenders than that. One guy spent $3,500 In a thirty-six hour drinking spree at a popular bar in 108 street recently.
I know a couple of guys that the other board detest, who allegedly dropped 75,000$ in under 30 days. :plus1: Come to think of it, that's probably why they are so f'ing angry at them. Singlets out gunning the public school crowd :evil:. Poor people with money? Why the idea is just absolutley horrendous. AND they didn't even spend it in MY business.
Last edited by juansweetpotato on Sat May 16, 2015 6:12 am, edited 4 times in total.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
TheGrinchSR
Expatriate

Post by TheGrinchSR »

I used to earn a lot of cash... today, I earn well but not in the same league as my stint in the Gulf. Back then, we thought nothing of dropping $1,000+ at the bar. 3 of us spent $1,700 in booze in a single night in Qatar. When we got to Bangkok, we racked up bills of $1,000+ pretty much every night. In two memorable sessions, friends of mine spent $17,000 in a single night on booze in Dubai (and there were only 5 of us out - they have expensive tastes) and in another a mate of mine on the rigs in Oz dropped $7,000 in a session at a bar on Soi 22 in Sukhumvit (where ringing the bell means buying everyone a drink - not just the girls), he just kept ringing that bell all night long. I spent 100 Baht that night on my first beer and went home drunker than a skunk...
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Jeez, you guys spend way too much in bars.

One well-known local punter at Naga dropped 250K in a few hours and walked out laughing, idiocy and being ostentatious, synonymous.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Garry.Crabtree
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by Garry.Crabtree »

The most I spent was UK£11,563 in an 8 hour session in London. I took a broker from the big apple out and went a bit ballistic on the company card. In fact the only way I know it was that amount, or even where it was spent, was that a few weeks later I had to sign it off on the bank statement. Whoops!
According to the proverb: The pun is mightier than the sword
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

TheGrinchSR wrote: 3 of us spent $1,700 in booze in a single night in Qatar. When we got to Bangkok, we racked up bills of $1,000+ pretty much every night. In two memorable sessions, friends of mine spent $17,000 in a single night on booze in Dubai (and there were only 5 of us out - they have expensive tastes)
Bloody hell! I've spent plenty of money on booze and had some great nights out, but those figures are just crazy! Please tell me that included the costs of food and female companionship at least, or are your friends just showboats who like to buy Dom P and Hennessy Paradis Imperial! Can't really compare Qatar and Dubai to Thailand when spending money on booze though.

1x beer in Qatar/Dubai = USD$10 (minimum), wine/spirits are ridiculously expensive
1x beer in Thailand = USD$2 (+/-), wine/spirits cheap
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel »

Surely no one lies on the Internet to look cool?
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Sir_Quality_U_Feel wrote:Surely no one lies on the Internet to look cool?
Bastard!

I really did buy that watch-winder, I'll have you know!
EdinWigan
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by EdinWigan »

I broke into a £10 note last night in Wigan but it did include a pie supper
Remember your Karma helps a Wet Child In Wigan !
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

I broke a 10,000 riel note today, put it on the company expenses
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic