Shane Warne dies aged 52

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Shane Warne dies aged 52

Post by hanno »

Not many details yet but he died of a suspected heart attack in Koh Samui.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Shane Warne dies aged 52

Post by atst »

Bloody hell and only 52, suppose he packed more life in his 52 years than most of us but way way to young to go, I'm shocked
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

WOW!
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Bloody hell, only 52??!

Feels like he's been getting into trouble all my life, I assumed he was well over 60 at this stage

Poor fucker
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

Hmmm Barley a day after Rod Marsh, not a good day for Australian cricket :hattip:
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

How likely is it that his heart attack is drug related (but we’ll probably never know)?
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I had no idea who he was. It seems he was an accomplished cricketer. RIP
Silence, exile, and cunning.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

He says in this (which is a good insight to his cricketing legend for those that don’t know), that he is anti drugs, so I guess a heart attack at 52 for a person who has been reasonably fit is just one of those weird things, and nothing to do with drug intake (my earlier post). Maybe an admin will strike through that comment for me.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
crob
Expatriate
Australia

Post by crob »

violet wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:12 am How likely is it that his heart attack is drug related (but we’ll probably never know)?
wouldn't be surprised... that said SE Asia heat can be rough at times and puts a lot of strain on the body
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

violet wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:07 am
He says in this (which is a good insight to his cricketing legend for those that don’t know), that he is anti drugs, so I guess a heart attack at 52 for a person who has been reasonably fit is just one of those weird things, and nothing to do with drug intake (my earlier post). Maybe an admin will strike through that comment for me.
I don’t understand how there’s still this misconception that only old and/or apparently unhealthy people have heart attacks.
Heart attacks are no respecters of age or apparent health and fitness, plenty of ‘fit’ young people have them. (I was 45 years old and in great shape, or so I thought, when I had mine)
Jumping to the ‘he’s not so old, drugs must have played a part’ assumption is possibly a consequence os spending too long in the KOW, where as we know, a significant number of sudden deaths by “heart attack” of young barangs (and plenty of not so young ones) have involved substance abuse.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic