Shane Warne dies aged 52

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Shane Warne dies aged 52

Post by hanno »

John Bingham wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:27 am I had no idea who he was. It seems he was an accomplished cricketer. RIP
Indeed. Jut like Muhammad Ali was an "accomplished" boxer, Pele was an "accomplished" footballer, and Kipchoge is an "accomplished" runner.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

John Bingham wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:27 am I had no idea who he was. It seems he was an accomplished cricketer. RIP
And a 'top bloke', by all accounts.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Chad Sexington wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:12 am
violet wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:07 am
He says in this (which is a good insight to his cricketing legend for those that don’t know), that he is anti drugs, so I guess a heart attack at 52 for a person who has been reasonably fit is just one of those weird things, and nothing to do with drug intake (my earlier post). Maybe an admin will strike through that comment for me.
I don’t understand how there’s still this misconception that only old and/or apparently unhealthy people have heart attacks.
Heart attacks are no respecters of age or apparent health and fitness, plenty of ‘fit’ young people have them. (I was 45 years old and in great shape, or so I thought, when I had mine)
Jumping to the ‘he’s not so old, drugs must have played a part’ assumption is possibly a consequence os spending too long in the KOW, where as we know, a significant number of sudden deaths by “heart attack” of young barangs (and plenty of not so young ones) have involved substance abuse.
As a teenager the fittest 20 year old I knew died of a heart attack in the shower after an army training exercise. While I know it can happen, I do still have in my mind that it’s rare rather than common.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

hanno wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:36 am
Indeed. Jut like Muhammad Ali was an "accomplished" boxer, Pele was an "accomplished" footballer, and Kipchoge is an "accomplished" runner.
I believe Mike Gatting said “Shane’s an accomplished cricketer” just after being bowled out by the delivery of the century, that and “what the f#@k, how is that even possible”
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

The cleverest bowler I have ever seen, he really understood the need for a different strategy for different players and the more he bowled at a player the more he could refine it and really get into their heads. He got into the head of South Africa's Daryll Cullinan so much he went into therapy!

He was the best spinner the world had seen, and is the leading wicket taker in Test Cricket as long as you don't count Muri the chucker, which I don't.

His commentary was some of the best too. Bluntness was his hallmark, often with humour and invariably correct. The cricket public have been cheated out of 20 years of honest commentary that was worth listening to.

His first ball in a test match in England and also his first in ashes cricket, he bowled what became the "Ball of the Century".

Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

"MY GOD MAN" He slept with Liz Hurley! :tophat:
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

Chad Sexington wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:04 am
hanno wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:36 am
I believe Mike Gatting said “Shane’s an accomplished cricketer” just after being bowled out by the delivery of the century, that and “what the f#@k, how is that even possible”
That’s JBs humour at work I’m guessing then.

Heart attacks in under 40s makes up 20% of all cases, which is a high number.
Under 40s rate increases about 1% per year, US stats but I’d imagine the rest of the world stats are similar, and have been going up for over 10 years.
People of the world, spice up your life.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

Controversial. Similar to Botham. Couple of (cricket) generations later. I think the googly is attributed to Warney. I believe the googly looks to spin in to the batter, but instead, bites and kicks on straight.

He wasn't backward in coming forward, and mixed good deeds into his, seemingly, party lifestyle.

Would have been the life of the party, you'd imagine, and will leave a massive void in those close to him.

Thanks for the entertainment, mate. RIP.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

What the fuck!? Was what I forgot to say. FUCK! Don't live alone, and make sure whomever knows CPR.

Clutch? NameTaken?
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Apologies I neglected to start my post with JB's
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic