Pervert Caught Spying on Woman in Restroom

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Pervert Caught Spying on Woman in Restroom

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): At 3:00 am on March 3, 2022, in Sangkat Phnom Penh Thmey, Khan Sen Sok, at a Tela gas station on 1966 street, a pervert was caught creeping on a married woman in the female restroom.
The victim screamed for help causing the suspect to flee in a tuk-tuk. The victim's husband, who was also a tuk-tuk driver, then chased after the suspect, caught him, and confronted him.
However, the victim's husband was then beaten up by the suspect and his gang. The long arm of the law then stepped in and negotiated a settlement of $1000 compensation for the victim and her husband.
ImageImageImageImage
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Pervert Caught Spying on Woman in Restroom

Post by atst »

What a strange event but it's ok now $$ have changed hands everyone is happy KOW
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Tuktuk chasing :ROFL:
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

The victim screamed for help causing the suspect to flee in a tuk-tuk. The victim's husband, who was also a tuk-tuk driver, then chased after the suspect, caught him, and confronted him.

However, the victim's husband was then beaten up by the suspect and his gang

Not all acts of heroism end in glory.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

atst wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:18 pm What a strange event but it's ok now $$ have changed hands everyone is happy KOW
To our western eyes that seems wrong but it’s perfectly normal in many countries. Monetary compensation is preferred to any custodial sentence or court proceedings (which would award it anyway) and it’s a way of quickly fixing the issues.

Wether this appeases the wife who’s been violated I don’t know. I don’t think she has a choice…or maybe she’s the one that negotiated?
(Which brings me to a question - most of the married local men I know all let their wives sort out the finances, so wages are given straight to the wife, but in Cambodian culture there’s whisperings that females are of lower class than males? So how does that scenario work.)
People of the world, spice up your life.
siliconlife
Expatriate
Palau Island

Post by siliconlife »

mannanman wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:04 am
atst wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:18 pm What a strange event but it's ok now $$ have changed hands everyone is happy KOW
To our western eyes that seems wrong but it’s perfectly normal in many countries. Monetary compensation is preferred to any custodial sentence or court proceedings (which would award it anyway) and it’s a way of quickly fixing the issues.

Wether this appeases the wife who’s been violated I don’t know. I don’t think she has a choice…or maybe she’s the one that negotiated?
(Which brings me to a question - most of the married local men I know all let their wives sort out the finances, so wages are given straight to the wife, but in Cambodian culture there’s whisperings that females are of lower class than males? So how does that scenario work.)
Prince Andrew I'm sure would disagree with that!

Regarding female status in Cambodian society, it has always been much more complex than 99% of people think. Women have always had considerable power here, especially when compared to other countries in the region (eg China). I read somewhere that the females' revered status in financial matters dates back to Angkorian times (Zhou Daguan, I think?).
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

siliconlife wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:49 am

Prince Andrew I'm sure would disagree with that!

Regarding female status in Cambodian society, it has always been much more complex than 99% of people think. Women have always had considerable power here, especially when compared to other countries in the region (eg China). I read somewhere that the females' revered status in financial matters dates back to Angkorian times (Zhou Daguan, I think?).
Ha yes, or Andrew as he’s now called.
We have a similar thing in the west where victims sue their alleged perpetrators even after they’ve been found not guilty, and that’s usually to do with payments.
People of the world, spice up your life.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

I was of the understanding Momma sat on the throne (intended) and doled out the money the family members bring in, often to the pet, lazy, demasculinised, teenage boy, abed a hammock most days.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

In the gang-filled, get-away tuk tuk: "He's gaining on us!"
"Yeah... He's a really fast walker"

Later, once the dust settled, at the scene of the 2nd crime, the gang forgot to leave (no tuk tuks when you want one!)...

"You were doing what?!"
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic