No more tourist visa conversions

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
sanpol
Expatriate
Australia

No more tourist visa conversions

Post by sanpol »

I just saw notice on Kim Lennox(Call Kim) FB page that from today anyone entering Cambodia on a Tourist Visa can not convert to another visa type.
Are you guys aware of this?
I wonder what are the other options. I have already bought tickets an will be arriving on the 20 March.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: No more tourist visa conversions

Post by Kenr »

I just looked, and anyone please correct me if I’m wrong, but it looks like you are able to get a Visa on Arrival now.
sanpol
Expatriate
Australia

Post by sanpol »

Kenr wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:35 am I just looked, and anyone please correct me if I’m wrong, but it looks like you are able to get a Visa on Arrival now.
Can you provide link to the info please? thanks
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

sanpol wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:41 am
Kenr wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:35 am I just looked, and anyone please correct me if I’m wrong, but it looks like you are able to get a Visa on Arrival now.
Can you provide link to the info please? thanks
I can’t, but on the Embassy website it used to say that VOA’s had been suspended until further notice, but that’s not on there any longer. So I’m not 100% sure.
johnny lightning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by johnny lightning »

Sure as hell hope it is true. That's what I have been waiting for.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

No doubt. I’m expecting to be there between May and September, permanently, don’t need any more complications.
sanpol
Expatriate
Australia

Post by sanpol »

I have send her a message asking about other options, so lets wait.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Yeah this sucks. I can’t find anyplace where it says VOA’s are resumed.
sanpol
Expatriate
Australia

Post by sanpol »

Kenr wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:34 am Yeah this sucks. I can’t find anyplace where it says VOA’s are resumed.
so with VOA can you apply for a long term visa right away?
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

sanpol wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:37 am
Kenr wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:34 am Yeah this sucks. I can’t find anyplace where it says VOA’s are resumed.
so with VOA can you apply for a long term visa right away?
Yes, just make sure you get the ordinary visa and not the tourist visa when you do the VOA, then you can extend it, ER or EB, for up to a year. That is if the VOA has resumed, which I hope has.

There are a few individuals who are a hell of a lot more knowledgeable than I am on this matter, so they will be able to give full run down on this.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic