No more tourist visa conversions

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Re: No more tourist visa conversions

Post by mannanman »

:crazy: Nothing official yet on VOA.
People of the world, spice up your life.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Correct, the DoI have put a stop to conversions for anyone who enters Cambodia on a T-type (Tourist) Visa or e-Visa (electronic online Tourist Visa) from 1st March. If you entered prior to 1st March you can still convert, but best do so ASAP before the DoI says no to all.

The issuing of VOA's remains suspended unfortunately.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

So there’s still people on expired T visa since 2019?
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

Looks like when I arrive I'm trapped with a 30 day tourist visa , extendable for another 30 days. The choice then is to fly to Thailand, apply for a Cambodia tourist e-visa and return , and repeat.
Question,, Can I apply for tourist a e-visa while I am still in Cambodia, so I can fly to Thailand and immediately return on the new visa. I do have a valid second Passport from another country maybe I will have to use that.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

Tootsfriend wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:02 pm Looks like when I arrive I'm trapped with a 30 day tourist visa , extendable for another 30 days. The choice then is to fly to Thailand, apply for a Cambodia tourist e-visa and return , and repeat.
Question,, Can I apply for tourist a e-visa while I am still in Cambodia, so I can fly to Thailand and immediately return on the new visa. I do have a valid second Passport from another country maybe I will have to use that.
No, because you’d (presumably) still have a valid T visa but if you use a second passport that would work.

Before this there were visa runs and E visas which are still available from an embassy.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

mannanman wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:38 pm So there’s still people on expired T visa since 2019?
Since 2020, yes, there are still people taking advantage of the exemption and there has still not been any announcement ending the exemption.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Tootsfriend wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:02 pm , Can I apply for tourist a e-visa while I am still in Cambodia, so I can fly to Thailand and immediately return on the new visa. I do have a valid second Passport from another country maybe I will have to use that.
Yes you can apply while still in Cambodia
DankSinatra
BANNED
New Zealand

Post by DankSinatra »

There'll be 4 tests just to do 1 visa run

1 in PP, 1 on arrival in BKK, 1 when your leaving BKK..and one more on arrival in PP.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

DankSinatra wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:51 pm There'll be 4 tests just to do 1 visa run

1 in PP, 1 on arrival in BKK, 1 when your leaving BKK..and one more on arrival in PP.
Vietnam might become a better option if they reopen on March 15th as planned. I guess we'll know once they release the final details.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

What will the better country, Vietnam or Thailand when arriving with Covid?
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic