Angelina Visits Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Re: Angelina Visits Cambodia

Post by mannanman »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:53 pm Perhaps "hate" is a bit hyperbolic - but there's not a whole lotta respect for women here which is obvious to anyone.
Really?
I think it’s a lot worse out there in the real world in Cambodia, both locals and expats.
People of the world, spice up your life.
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

mannanman wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:12 pm
Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:53 pm Perhaps "hate" is a bit hyperbolic - but there's not a whole lotta respect for women here which is obvious to anyone.
Really?
I think it’s a lot worse out there in the real world in Cambodia, both locals and expats.
It’s bad but at least it’s worse for women offline! Sad but true
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Really?
Well, yes, of course, you could find worse behavior in the world toward women - this a virtual space. But I think you're being somewhat disingenuous if you can honestly say the comments on this forum pertaining to women are anything but chauvinistic at best most of the time.

Weren't you just making fun of a woman's breasts after her mastectomy?

Edited to ad: And just because there are worse examples of something doesn't justify the behavior or make it any better.

Edited again because spelling is hard.
Last edited by Kung-fu Hillbilly on Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

I should wear a hidden camera for a week, you'd be shocked at some of the things men say to me.
I get sworn at and called names for no other reason except I am a woman. I think I represent something that men have left behind, or they assume they know me, but whatever it is - you've got to have massive balls to be a single woman in Cambodia.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

rozzieoz wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:34 pm Iyou've got to have massive balls to be a single woman in Cambodia.
Isn't that Thailand?
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
orichá
Expatriate
Canada

Post by orichá »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:19 pm I saw her in real life once, she's much smaller than I expected.
I've seen several movie actors and pop singers in real life. Most of them are much shorter than one would expect. This kind of "surprised expectation" is a kind of psychological optical illusion, there being no other term for it...
~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~
“There are terrible difficulties in the notion of probability, but we may ignore them at present.” - Bertrand Russell
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:29 pm
Really?
Well, yes, of course, you could find worse behavior in the world toward women - this a virtual space. But I think you're being somewhat disingenuous if you can honestly say the comments on this forum pertaining to women are anything but chauvinistic at best most of the time.

Weren't you just making fun of a woman's breasts after her mastectomy?

Edited to ad: And just because there are worse examples of something doesn't justify the behavior or make it any better.

Edited again because spelling is hard.
No, I wasn’t making fun of her mastectomy, you’re confused. It was a joke about bees and tits.
You seem to know nothing about what she had done because if you did you know she got a boob job (or whatever it’s called, breast augmentation?) after.

I said she was fit and she is. Beautiful in fact. On my top five list of women I’d never ever meet or stand a chance but if I did she’d be number 3, Margot Robbie is 2.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

rozzieoz wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:34 pm I should wear a hidden camera for a week, you'd be shocked at some of the things men say to me.
I get sworn at and called names for no other reason except I am a woman. I think I represent something that men have left behind, or they assume they know me, but whatever it is - you've got to have massive balls to be a single woman in Cambodia.
Interesting. Is that in Cambodia or just anywhere and are your female friends subject to the same abuse?
Ryan754326
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Ryan754326 »

Women love to pretend that only shallow men engage in this type of banter, but it’s not true at all.

My friend works in the restaurant industry, among a troop of female waitresses, and he says that all they talk about is dick sizes and other shortcomings of the men they sleep with, or just happen to interact with.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

mannanman wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:12 pm
rozzieoz wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:34 pm I should wear a hidden camera for a week, you'd be shocked at some of the things men say to me.
Interesting. Is that in Cambodia or just anywhere and are your female friends subject to the same abuse?
I only experienced it once. An Aussie guy.
Granted I’ve only had about 4 years in Cambodia in total.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic