No Joke Howard - Legend of Cambodia.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: No Joke Howard - Legend of Cambodia.

Post by Chad Sexington »

Kenr wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:35 pm
HappyChappy wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:30 pm
Kenr wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:56 pm
snookieboi wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:13 pm
John Bingham wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:21 pm As I have tried to point out earlier in this thread, it is pure faggotry. I'm sorry if that upsets anyone but let's tell it like it is. No Joke was a repressed homosexual, he never once mentioned being interested in women.
He had a girlfriend in Mexico before he passed. Whatever, his sexual preferences were his business, and the comments here just prove some posters have some very close minded attitudes towards the realities of life.

I've already mentioned that I liked his honesty and character. There is a thing called choice, and if he wasn't anyone's cup of tea, then they could always look elsewhere.

Everyone has their opinions, but I don't think it's fair the kind of negative comments I've seen here. Some vids were informative and interesting. Of course utubers are not always gonna have fans, but some of the criticisms seem more like personal attacks. I think a bit more respect should be in order. No doubt his Mother reads these threads, etc.
The only reason this guys life was out there before is because HE put it out there. And the only reason this is back out there now, several years later, is because some love-struck fanboy, who now claims he was just trolling, put it back out there and was trolling individuals on this forum for these reactions. I never heard of this guy until the OP started this thread,

If you want to be famous you have to take the good with the bad. I doubt if he cared about the negativity, only a couple of people on here do, but if he did, he should have kept his personal life private and not plaster it all over YouTube.
I think "trolling" might be a saying similar to "I was making a tongue in cheek comment", I think he was trying to highlight the positive attributes of someone who is no longer with us, and I commend that.
If you go back, the OP posted that he was in fact trolling, to see if he could get some negative feedback. He even claimed he was right about being able to get negative comments and get a rise out of people.
And you believed him?
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Chad Sexington wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:48 pm
Kenr wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:35 pm
HappyChappy wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:30 pm
Kenr wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:56 pm

He had a girlfriend in Mexico before he passed. Whatever, his sexual preferences were his business, and the comments here just prove some posters have some very close minded attitudes towards the realities of life.

I've already mentioned that I liked his honesty and character. There is a thing called choice, and if he wasn't anyone's cup of tea, then they could always look elsewhere.

Everyone has their opinions, but I don't think it's fair the kind of negative comments I've seen here. Some vids were informative and interesting. Of course utubers are not always gonna have fans, but some of the criticisms seem more like personal attacks. I think a bit more respect should be in order. No doubt his Mother reads these threads, etc.
The only reason this guys life was out there before is because HE put it out there. And the only reason this is back out there now, several years later, is because some love-struck fanboy, who now claims he was just trolling, put it back out there and was trolling individuals on this forum for these reactions. I never heard of this guy until the OP started this thread,

If you want to be famous you have to take the good with the bad. I doubt if he cared about the negativity, only a couple of people on here do, but if he did, he should have kept his personal life private and not plaster it all over YouTube.
I think "trolling" might be a saying similar to "I was making a tongue in cheek comment", I think he was trying to highlight the positive attributes of someone who is no longer with us, and I commend that.
If you go back, the OP posted that he was in fact trolling, to see if he could get some negative feedback. He even claimed he was right about being able to get negative comments and get a rise out of people.
And you believed him?
I don’t believe anything he has said. I had a couple theories as to why he made that claim, but no one knows what’s in his head except him, I can only speculate.

It is apparent that he has a strong dislike for older expats in Cambodia though.
snookieboi
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by snookieboi »

John Bingham wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:36 pm
John Bingham wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:21 pm As I have tried to point out earlier in this thread, it is pure faggotry. I'm sorry if that upsets anyone but let's tell it like it is. No Joke was a repressed homosexual, he never once mentioned being interested in women.

None of that was his private business once he broadcast it. I know that one of his main love-interests was not at all happy about how he told everyone about intimate details of their brief liaison. What is so honest about that? It's despicable behavior. It's not "real", it's just shitty to use other people for your YouTube channel bollocks.
Alright I "digress" I don't know everything about the guy I'm only commenting about what I saw in a few videos, but there you go I just think it's probably time to close this thread as we conclude that some people liked him, some people didn't, and that's just the way it goes.
And of course no doubt his poor Mother is reading these comments. And I've said what I think, and now I'll leave it for everybody else to form their own opinions.

Cheers.
More than just any old backpacker.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

tears_in_rain
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by tears_in_rain »

These posters have absolutely no shame. They don't care about Nojoke's family. All they want to do is vent their frustration, resentment, and hatred. That much is obvious. I don't think that nojoke would give two shits about this thread, to be honest.

Anyway, as I said previously; I found his videos very inspiring and entertaining, and for that I'm thankful.

Peace out.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

tears_in_rain wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:18 pm These posters have absolutely no shame. They don't care about Nojoke's family. All they want to do is vent their frustration, resentment, and hatred. That much is obvious. I don't think that nojoke would give two shits about this thread, to be honest.

Anyway, as I said previously; I found his videos very inspiring and entertaining, and for that I'm thankful.

Peace out.
The only individual on here with no shame is you. You put this individuals name and business out there and goaded individuals to respond, you admitted that you were trolling for feedback. You should be disgusted with yourself.

If you need an e-begging YouTuber to inspire you, I suggest you get out of your parents basement and live your own life, then you might not be so lonely. It’s truly a shame that some people need to live their lives through others.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

A guy who amongst other things bragged about his druggie exploits on YouTube is not viewed by many as a good role model. Just sayin'..
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

Didn't Aaron say "Peace out" a lot?
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

The trolls new catch phrase. 😜
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic