Do you support Ukraine or Russia?

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.

Do you support Russia or Ukraine in this conflict?

Poll ended at Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:32 pm

Russia
18%
Ukraine
73%
It's a hoax
3%
I don't know.
6%

Total votes: 79
David Gordon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Do you support Ukraine or Russia?

Post by David Gordon »

I have to use a VPN to find Russia Today and news from the horses mouth instead of western media spin. I am always surprised at how much sense Vladimir Putin makes to me when I listen to him directly. Does this link work for you at all?

‘Russia will always be Russia’: Putin’s full speech on accession of former Ukrainian territories.

https://www.rt.com/russia/563827-putin- ... nial-west/
Stay classy na
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

David Gordon wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:45 am I have to use a VPN to find Russia Today and news from the horses mouth instead of western media spin. I am always surprised at how much sense Vladimir Putin makes to me when I listen to him directly. Does this link work for you at all?

‘Russia will always be Russia’: Putin’s full speech on accession of former Ukrainian territories.

That's true. All western media is fake news. Russian state controlled media speaks the truth.

Amen brother!
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Post by CaptainCanuck »

ItWasntMe wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:56 am
David Gordon wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:45 am I have to use a VPN to find Russia Today and news from the horses mouth instead of western media spin. I am always surprised at how much sense Vladimir Putin makes to me when I listen to him directly. Does this link work for you at all?

That's true. All western media is fake news. Russian state controlled media speaks the truth.

Amen brother!
I fail to see your interpretation of Mr Gordon's words but hey ... You do you ..... :facepalm:
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

CaptainCanuck wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:42 am
ItWasntMe wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:56 am

Amen brother!
I fail to see your interpretation of Mr Gordon's words but hey ... You do you ..... :facepalm:
Prefers to get news from Russian state controlled media because western media spins it ie are not honest / fake news.

What am I misunderstanding?
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

Not like the actual speech was any different in western media. What would be different is western media calling the referendum and the subsequent annexation illegal.
David Gordon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by David Gordon »

ItWasntMe wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:24 am Not like the actual speech was any different in western media. What would be different is western media calling the referendum and the subsequent annexation illegal.
Thank You for that. It would please me if you would read Putin’s Speech and tell me what you think about it?

Meanwhile, can you please provide me with even one legacy media link - where they posted the entire speech without edit? I would appreciate knowing where I can find that kind of unbiased journalism in the west. Just reporting the facts without opinion the way it was done in the olden days would be nice for a change.

Why do I read Russia Today? I like to form my own opinions and find it best to find the truth by going to several different sources. Russia Today, Al Jazeera, Epoch Times, along with the rest of the usual actors who do not even hide their bias anymore.
Stay classy na
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

I'm pretty sure the Doomsday clock is about to strike 12.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

David Gordon wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:50 am
ItWasntMe wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:24 am Not like the actual speech was any different in western media. What would be different is western media calling the referendum and the subsequent annexation illegal.
Thank You for that. It would please me if you would read Putin’s Speech and tell me what you think about it?

Meanwhile, can you please provide me with even one legacy media link - where they posted the entire speech without edit? I would appreciate knowing where I can find that kind of unbiased journalism in the west. Just reporting the facts without opinion the way it was done in the olden days would be nice for a change.

Why do I read Russia Today? I like to form my own opinions and find it best to find the truth by going to several different sources. Russia Today, Al Jazeera, Epoch Times, along with the rest of the usual actors who do not even hide their bias anymore.
Setting aside his brief comments on the recent "referendums", he spends most of his speech discussing the West. His primary complaint isn't NATO expansion, which gets only a cursory mention. The West is greedy and seeks to enslave and colonise other nations, like Russia.

The West uses the power of finance and technology to enforce its will on other nations. To collect what he calls the "hegemon's tax". To this end the West destabilises countries, creates terrorist enclaves and most of all seeks to deprive other countries of sovereignty.

It is this "avarice" and desire to preserve its power that is the reason for the "hybrid war" the collective West is "waging on Russia". They want us to be a "colony". They do not want us to be free, they want Russians to be a mob of soulless slaves - direct quote.

The rules-based order the West goes on about is "nonsense". Who made these rules? Who agreed to them? Russia is an ancient country and civilization and we will not play by these "rigged" rules. The West has no moral authority to challenge the referendums because it has violated ...the borders of other countries. Western elites are "totalitarian, despotic and apartheidistic" - direct quote. They are racist against Russia and other countries and nations. "Russophobia is racism". They discriminate by calling themselves the "civilised world".

They colonised, started the global slave trade, genocided native Americans, pillaged India and Africa, forced China to buy opium through war. We, on the other hand, are proud that we "led" the anti-colonial movement that helped countries develop to reduce poverty and inequality.

They are Russophobic (they hate us) because we didn't allow our country to be pillaged by creating a strong CENTRALISED (emphasis his) state based on Christianity, Islam, Judaism and Buddhism. They have been trying to destabilise our country since the 17th century in the Times......of Trouble (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_of_Troubles). Eventually, they managed to "get their hands on our riches" at the end of the 20th century. They called us friends and partners while pumping out trillions of dollars (his irony game is strong today).

We remember this. We didn't forget. The West claims to bring freedom and democracy to other countries but it's the exact opposite of the truth. The unipolar world is anti-democratic by its very nature. It is a lie. They used nuclear weapons, creating a precedent. They flattened German cities without "any military need to do so". There was no need for this except to scare us and the rest of the world. Korea, Vietnam. To this day they "occupy" Japan, South Korea and Germany and other countries while cynically calling them "allies".

The West has surveillance over the leaders of these nations who "swallow these insults like the slaves they are".

He then talks about bioweapon research (haven't heard about them for a while) and human experiments "including in Ukraine".

The US rules the world by the power of the fist. Any country which seeks to challenge Western hegemony becomes an enemy. Their neocolonialism is cloaked in lies like "containment" of Russia, China and Iran. The concept of truth has been destroyed with fakes and extreme......propaganda (irony game still strong).

You cannot feed your people with printed dollars and social media. You need food and energy. But Western elites have no desire to find a solution to the food and energy crises *they* (emphasis his) created.

They solved the problems at the start of 20c with WW1 and the US established dominance of the world via the dollar as a result of WW2. In the 80s they had another crisis they solved by "plundering our country". Now they want to solve their problems by "breaking Russia".

Russia "understands its responsibility to the international community" and will "do everything to cool the heads of these neocolonials who are destined to fail".

They're crazy. I want to speak to all Russian citizens, do we want to replace mum and dad with parent 1 and 2?

They invented genders and claim you can "transition". Do we want this for our children?

We have a different vision.

They have abandoned religion and embraced Satanism - direct quote.

The world is going through a revolutionary transformation. A multipolar world offers nations freedom to develop as they wish and they make up the majority of the world.

We have many like-minded friends in Western countries. We see and appreciate their support. They are forming liberation, anti-colonial movements as we speak - direct quote. These will only grow.

We are fighting for a fair world for our country. The idea of exceptionalism is criminal and we must turn this shameful page. The breaking of the West's hegemony is INEVITABLE (emphasis his).

There is no going back. We are fighting for our "great (as in big), historic Russia". Our values are (irony game crescendo): love of our fellow man, compassion and mercy.

Truth is with us, Russia is with us.

That's the end of the speech. As I said from day 1, the purpose of what Putin is doing in Ukraine is to throw the West off its pedestal. This isn't about NATO or Ukraine, this is the big play to replace the current world order.

End of thread.

stolen from Twitter https://twitter.com/KonstantinKisin
Apollo91881
Expatriate
France

Post by Apollo91881 »

Not sure it’s working for him.
David Gordon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by David Gordon »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:55 pm
David Gordon wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:50 am

Setting aside his brief comments on the recent "referendums", he spends most of his speech discussing the West. His primary complaint isn't NATO expansion, which gets only a cursory mention. The West is greedy and seeks to enslave and colonise other nations, like Russia.

The West uses the power of finance and technology to enforce its will on other nations. To collect what he calls the "hegemon's tax". To this end the West destabilises countries, creates terrorist enclaves and most of all seeks to deprive other countries of sovereignty.

It is this "avarice" and desire to preserve its power that is the reason for the "hybrid war" the collective West is "waging on Russia". They want us to be a "colony". They do not want us to be free, they want Russians to be a mob of soulless slaves - direct quote.

The rules-based order the West goes on about is "nonsense". Who made these rules? Who agreed to them? Russia is an ancient country and civilization and we will not play by these "rigged" rules. The West has no moral authority to challenge the referendums because it has violated ...the borders of other countries. Western elites are "totalitarian, despotic and apartheidistic" - direct quote. They are racist against Russia and other countries and nations. "Russophobia is racism". They discriminate by calling themselves the "civilised world".

They colonised, started the global slave trade, genocided native Americans, pillaged India and Africa, forced China to buy opium through war. We, on the other hand, are proud that we "led" the anti-colonial movement that helped countries develop to reduce poverty and inequality.

They are Russophobic (they hate us) because we didn't allow our country to be pillaged by creating a strong CENTRALISED (emphasis his) state based on Christianity, Islam, Judaism and Buddhism. They have been trying to destabilise our country since the 17th century in the Times......of Trouble (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_of_Troubles). Eventually, they managed to "get their hands on our riches" at the end of the 20th century. They called us friends and partners while pumping out trillions of dollars (his irony game is strong today).

We remember this. We didn't forget. The West claims to bring freedom and democracy to other countries but it's the exact opposite of the truth. The unipolar world is anti-democratic by its very nature. It is a lie. They used nuclear weapons, creating a precedent. They flattened German cities without "any military need to do so". There was no need for this except to scare us and the rest of the world. Korea, Vietnam. To this day they "occupy" Japan, South Korea and Germany and other countries while cynically calling them "allies".

The West has surveillance over the leaders of these nations who "swallow these insults like the slaves they are".

He then talks about bioweapon research (haven't heard about them for a while) and human experiments "including in Ukraine".

The US rules the world by the power of the fist. Any country which seeks to challenge Western hegemony becomes an enemy. Their neocolonialism is cloaked in lies like "containment" of Russia, China and Iran. The concept of truth has been destroyed with fakes and extreme......propaganda (irony game still strong).

You cannot feed your people with printed dollars and social media. You need food and energy. But Western elites have no desire to find a solution to the food and energy crises *they* (emphasis his) created.

They solved the problems at the start of 20c with WW1 and the US established dominance of the world via the dollar as a result of WW2. In the 80s they had another crisis they solved by "plundering our country". Now they want to solve their problems by "breaking Russia".

Russia "understands its responsibility to the international community" and will "do everything to cool the heads of these neocolonials who are destined to fail".

They're crazy. I want to speak to all Russian citizens, do we want to replace mum and dad with parent 1 and 2?

They invented genders and claim you can "transition". Do we want this for our children?

We have a different vision.

They have abandoned religion and embraced Satanism - direct quote.

The world is going through a revolutionary transformation. A multipolar world offers nations freedom to develop as they wish and they make up the majority of the world.

We have many like-minded friends in Western countries. We see and appreciate their support. They are forming liberation, anti-colonial movements as we speak - direct quote. These will only grow.

We are fighting for a fair world for our country. The idea of exceptionalism is criminal and we must turn this shameful page. The breaking of the West's hegemony is INEVITABLE (emphasis his).

There is no going back. We are fighting for our "great (as in big), historic Russia". Our values are (irony game crescendo): love of our fellow man, compassion and mercy.

Truth is with us, Russia is with us.

That's the end of the speech. As I said from day 1, the purpose of what Putin is doing in Ukraine is to throw the West off its pedestal. This isn't about NATO or Ukraine, this is the big play to replace the current world order.

End of thread.

stolen from Twitter https://twitter.com/KonstantinKisin
yes I saw that thread which began:

“I wish every single person in the West would listen to Putin's speech. Obviously, that won't happen so let me summarise as a professional translator for 10+ years. He states, as he has done from the outset, what his intentions and complaints are in the plainest terms possible.🧵

It was then I began to search for the speech and could not find it transcripted like I found it posted on RT - which I posted here.

I guess @itwasntme only as I have invited said poster to show me where the speech was available in western news which they did not/ could not maybe? If anyone has a link I would love to see where I can find direct news like that. Thanks again.
Stay classy na
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic