Do you support Ukraine or Russia?

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.

Do you support Russia or Ukraine in this conflict?

Poll ended at Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:32 pm

Russia
18%
Ukraine
73%
It's a hoax
3%
I don't know.
6%

Total votes: 79
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Do you support Ukraine or Russia?

Post by phuketrichard »

Please;;;;;

what does Israel and Palestine have to do with the Ukraine?
Start ur onw jew hating thread
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

John Bingham wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:36 pm Vlad is back.
Will he be shown the door, or kept around like some semi-housetrained monkey or part potty trained troll, to entertain folks?
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Well after 6 months I'm not changing my vote anyone else having second thoughts?
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
vivathedivas
BANNED
Australia

Post by vivathedivas »

nemo wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:44 pm
John Bingham wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:36 pm Vlad is back.
was it the Jew baiting or the pathetic virtue signaling caused by formative years in the failed boer state that was the tip off?
None of the formative years were spent in a failed Boer (now failed democratic) state. How does that saying go about bliss?

Ironic that you react to criticism of an apartheid state by referring to another :bow:

Please make up your mind whether you approve or disprove of any master race mentality and apartheid. :beer3:
Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.
vivathedivas
BANNED
Australia

Post by vivathedivas »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:51 pm Please;;;;;

I know your writing needs help, Richard, but your reading as well, now?

It's about western hypocrisy, assisting certain human rights abusers and then whining when it's expedient.

It's not Jew-hating, it's human rights abuser hating. It may be easier for you to label an incident in which a soldier deliberately shoots a clearly identified female reporter dead as OK than to criticise it. There are thousands of incidents involving women and children, even babies. If you accept that, that's up to you.

I suppose when I criticise it happening in western China to Muslim Uighurs, that's kosher?

I won't refer to it again, just so you don't get offended, our resident Peace Corps sweetie.

Let's get back to criticising Russia, that nasty country that invaded another, why don't they follow the peaceful example of America? :D
Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

vivathedivas wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:01 am
phuketrichard wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:51 pm Please;;;;;

I know your writing needs help, Richard, but your reading as well, now?

It's about western hypocrisy, assisting certain human rights abusers and then whining when it's expedient.

It's not Jew-hating, it's human rights abuser hating. It may be easier for you to label an incident in which a soldier deliberately shoots a clearly identified female reporter dead as OK than to criticise it. There are thousands of incidents involving women and children, even babies. If you accept that, that's up to you.

I suppose when I criticise it happening in western China to Muslim Uighurs, that's kosher?

I won't refer to it again, just so you don't get offended, our resident Peace Corps sweetie.

Let's get back to criticising Russia, that nasty country that invaded another, why don't they follow the peaceful example of America? :D
Vlad : criticize all you want, killing of journalist is WRONG, killing of women an children is wrong, forced imprisonment of people is wrong.

Just start ur own thread>
This one is about UKRAINE
or is that to difficult for you to grasp? :facepalm:
you constantly love to take threads off topic
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Cambo Dear wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:59 pm If you don't think that NATO amassed troops in countries that neighbour Russia, either you don't know European geography or you don't know where NATO is stationed. With the exception of Belarus, the Ukraine Sweden and Finland, there is a presence in every country. If you think those forces were facing West and not East, you'd have to be delusional.

If The States were in the same situation, they would invade Mexico immediately, no doubt. Although hypothetical, of course they are comparable notions.
There's hardly enough NATO troops at the Russian borders to have a decent BBQ. Budget cuts during the last 2-3 decades caused that. NATO would have to escalate to nuclear within days if there were a Russian invasion. The whole doctrine is based on defending NATO grounds, not taking offensive actions.

But that's all going to change now. The 'holiday from history' is over and in a few years there will be 'amassed troops' at the NATO-Russian borders, and with the new members Russia got it what it wanted to avoid.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Kammekor wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:24 pm
Cambo Dear wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:59 pm If you don't think that NATO amassed troops in countries that neighbour Russia, either you don't know European geography or you don't know where NATO is stationed. With the exception of Belarus, the Ukraine Sweden and Finland, there is a presence in every country. If you think those forces were facing West and not East, you'd have to be delusional.

If The States were in the same situation, they would invade Mexico immediately, no doubt. Although hypothetical, of course they are comparable notions.
There's hardly enough NATO troops at the Russian borders to have a decent BBQ. Budget cuts during the last 2-3 decades caused that. NATO would have to escalate to nuclear within days if there were a Russian invasion. The whole doctrine is based on defending NATO grounds, not taking offensive actions.

But that's all going to change now. The 'holiday from history' is over and in a few years there will be 'amassed troops' at the NATO-Russian borders, and with the new members Russia got it what it wanted to avoid.
This is one danger, that the self fulfilling prophecy will result in decades of heightened tensions, even if the Russian population were to come to its senses and resolve the problem internally.

I’m curious, though, how Cambo dear sees NATO troops present in NATO countries as somehow similar to the Russians actually moving troops in force up to a non-nato border, and then crossing it. In quite a number of street interviews, many younger folk have been reluctant to give an opinion one way or another, while the older generation russians frequently assume, or express an opinion that the party is right. Easy to explain with decades of no free will, and an oppressive society.
Do folks like CamboDear have that similar socially twisted background? It’s unlikely that such folk will admit it, or be open about it, sadly.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Freightdog wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:03 pm In quite a number of street interviews, many younger folk have been reluctant to give an opinion one way or another, while the older generation russians frequently assume, or express an opinion that the party is right. Easy to explain with decades of no free will, and an oppressive society.
Do folks like CamboDear have that similar socially twisted background? It’s unlikely that such folk will admit it, or be open about it, sadly.
The elderly in Russia have grown up with large ceremonies remembering 'The Great War' and the Cold War.

Many in the West do not fully realize the Second World War was actually won in the East, not in the West. Russia made tremendous sacrifices beating the Nazis in the East and did the heavy lifting. The turn in the second world war is generally considered to have happened in early '42. D-day only happened two and a half years later. The Germans called the war in the East a 'Vernichtungskrieg', which translates into something like 'war of annihilation'. It was nothing like the war on the Western front in late '44 and '45.

After losing about 30 million people in the second world war the cold war started....
CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Post by CaptainCanuck »

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/ ... civilians/

“We have documented a pattern of Ukrainian forces putting civilians at risk and violating the laws of war when they operate in populated areas,” said Agnès Callamard, Amnesty International’s Secretary General.

“Being in a defensive position does not exempt the Ukrainian military from respecting international humanitarian law.”

Maybe one of the big brains who have maintained all along how it's simply ' Russia bad', Ukraine good' ....

Now of course it's obvious by this article that somehow Russia has usurped Amnesty International's autonomy and they are now an agent of propaganda for Putin .... My question to those here smarter then me is this .... How did they pull this off ?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic