Do you support Ukraine or Russia?

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.

Do you support Russia or Ukraine in this conflict?

Poll ended at Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:32 pm

Russia
18%
Ukraine
73%
It's a hoax
3%
I don't know.
6%

Total votes: 79
vivathedivas
BANNED
Australia

Re: Do you support Ukraine or Russia?

Post by vivathedivas »

nemo wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:34 pm
zero pretext? Read more, not just Fox or CNN or BBC

Using your logic, should we call JFK a megalomaniac for the Cuban Missile Crisis? No, his reaction was entirely understandable. Should we call Bush a megalomaniac for his invasion of Iraq? Yes.
[/quote]

I would not argue those points- but that is completely off the topic of this thread.
We are discussing Ukraine Russia conflict here, not the many past conflicts pertaining to USA.
[/quote]

You have missed the point completely, and possibly deliberately.

The point is that Russia is subjected to criticism by the US/UK/and other NATO members, (rightly so, I may add) when almost every single one of them has done similar or worse.

A few examples: Iraq, Libya, Syria, Afghanistan, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Honduras, Panama, Nicaragua,

Google for a full list of countries invaded by NATO members. It's a very long list.
Last edited by vivathedivas on Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

vivathedivas wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:01 pm
nemo wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:34 pm
zero pretext? Read more, not just Fox or CNN or BBC

Using your logic, should we call JFK a megalomaniac for the Cuban Missile Crisis? No, his reaction was entirely understandable. Should we call Bush a megalomaniac for his invasion of Iraq? Yes.
I would not argue those points- but that is completely off the topic of this thread.
We are discussing Ukraine Russia conflict here, not the many past conflicts pertaining to USA.
[/quote]

You have missed the point completely, and possibly deliberately.

The point is that Russia is subjected to criticism by the US/UK/and other NATO members, when almost every single one of them has done similar or worse.

A few examples, just in case selective memories are faulty: Iraq, Libya, Syria, Afghanistan, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Honduras, Panma, Nicaragua,

https://worldpopulationreview.com/count ... us-invaded
[/quote]
So the rest of the world should just stand by and allow Russia to do as they wish because their historic actions do not afford them moral standing?
As we did when Australia invaded East Timor?
vivathedivas
BANNED
Australia

Post by vivathedivas »

No, absolutely not.

The rest of the world should nail Russia, and should nail ANY country invading another. I think you know that is my point.

Why the moral outrage after Ukraine, and not for Iraq?

Many would claim Palestinians have been subjected to gross human rights violations for over 70 years, for example, by a state which has striking similarities to apartheid South Africa. Why the selective silence for them and other countries? I want the same rules for everybody.
Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

There has been a great deal of discussion on this forum regarding the invasion of Iraq as a cursory search reveals.
None of the comments support that invasion.
Here is a search 5 pages in
search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keyw ... q&start=40
So maybe we can keep this thread on the topic the title suggests,
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

:beer3:
vivathedivas wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:28 pm No, absolutely not.

The rest of the world should nail Russia, and should nail ANY country invading another. I think you know that is my point.

Why the moral outrage after Ukraine, and not for Iraq?

Many would claim Palestinians have been subjected to gross human rights violations for over 70 years, for example, by a state which has striking similarities to apartheid South Africa. Why the selective silence for them and other countries? I want the same rules for everybody.
In what way is it similar? I have to go off topic a little bit but beforehand, just because countries have done wrong in the past, does not mean Russia gets a turn, and I don't think that's what you're saying but the more of these attacks that happen the heavier the backlash has to be. We are supposed to be improving; evolving. Our children must be better people than us.

We learn from history, so we can't forget. We live in the present, and we need to make a better tomorrow.

This is nothing short of a maniac in charge.

With Israel and Palestine, look at the facts, without the media brainwashing:

Israel is sold as being a apartheid regime, with 1.5 million Arabs living in Israel, and not many Jews live in Gaza?

The road signs are in Arabic as well as Hebrew and English.

Arabs can speak Arabic freely in Israel. If anyone in Gaza is heard speaking Hebrew, they would be tortured and killed for being an Israeli spy.

The people of Gaza are ruled by a terrorist organisation who would become redundant if there was a peace with Israel, Israel on the other hand has peace deals with Egypt, despite being attacked on a number of occasions from the Egyptian side, and it has peace with Jordan, and is now in dialogue with Saudi arabia.

Israel's main enemies: Hamas and Hezbollah, both terrorist organisations. The Assad regime, and Iran where they hang people for being homosexual.

Here's hoping the Palestinian's can be free of Hamas and that the demonization of Israel stop. With that, maybe the standard of living and safety for all involved will rise and lead to peace.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
vivathedivas
BANNED
Australia

Post by vivathedivas »

My responses in bold.

According to all three monotheistic religions, violence is discouraged. However, this issue is not about religion, it is about land. I just find it very sad that a group of people who were savagely targeted on the basis of their religion do not understand that the way they are treating another religious group is not exactly reminiscent of kindness. Set the standard, you reap what you sow.
Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:05 pm

Bwahaha, the overwhelming majority of media (Fox, CNN, BBC, ABC, Hollywood) are owned by pro-Israel groups, as are many IT companies, FB, Instagram, Whatsapp, Google, Oracle, Twitter, Microsoft, Oracle, SERIOUS FAIL. Excuse me while I giggle. My point: monopoly is not healthy if reasonable debate and democracy must thrive. I think you're the one who's experiencing the brainwashing, bro, the pro-Israel group controls far more of the media than the pro-Palestine group.

Israel is sold as being a apartheid regime, with 1.5 million Arabs living in Israel, and not many Jews live in Gaza?

30 million blacks lived in apartheid South Africa, 4 million in Bantustans, basically Reservations. Population stats do not indicate anything. How one treats that population does. FAIL.

Bwahahaha/ Road signs? Now THERE"S the international criterion for human rights! How about infrastructure? Schools, hospitals, water and electricity, security of land ownership, right to a fair trial, no detention without trial, basic Human Rights? (sorry to mention that irrelevant item)FAIL.

Arabs can speak Arabic freely in Israel. If anyone in Gaza is heard speaking Hebrew, they would be tortured and killed for being an Israeli spy.

I seriously doubt your claim, though. Source? (preferably from a respected international human rights group)

The people of Gaza are ruled by a terrorist organisation who would become redundant if there was a peace with Israel, Israel on the other hand has peace deals with Egypt, despite being attacked on a number of occasions from the Egyptian side, and it has peace with Jordan, and is now in dialogue with Saudi arabia.

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. How many news mediums owned by parties supporting Palestine have you ever read (critically)? Does shooting children dead for throwing stones sound like the Geneva Convention to you? Violence must be condemned on BOTH sides, but first, let's address the CAUSE. Does the murder of (clearly uniformed and accredited) press agents covering news stories not sound like terrorism to you?

Israel's main enemies: Hamas and Hezbollah, both terrorist organisations. The Assad regime, and Iran where they hang people for being homosexual.

Here's hoping the Palestinian's can be free of Hamas and that the demonization of Israel stop. With that, maybe the standard of living and safety for all involved will rise and lead to peace.

Violence must end, demonization of both sides will stop when they behave like civilised people. Agree?

Tell us about the Naqba, the land theft which is condemned by HRW, the UN, several Israeli NGOs and billions of people worldwide (I guess they're all wrong), the deprivation of fresh water and electricity, no freedom of movement, the closing of universities, the murder of women and children. This cannot end well, for either side, but to deny responsibility from one side is simplistic and reeks of bias, racism and prejudice.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

vivathedivas wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:22 am

Bwahaha, the overwhelming majority of media (Fox, CNN, BBC, ABC, Hollywood) are owned by pro-Israel groups, as are many IT companies, FB, Instagram, Whatsapp, Google, Oracle, Twitter, Microsoft, Oracle, SERIOUS (COMPREHENSION) FAIL. Excuse me while I giggle.

As I alluded to, one should base their opinion disregarding the media (You went from an evil guffaw to a girlish titter).

30 million blacks lived in apartheid South Africa, 4 million in Bantustans, basically Reservations. Population stats do not indicate anything. How one treats that population does. FAIL (yes you did. But at least you had to go and I know what you mean, but population indicates how many people live there which is something).

Again as I tried to point out, the Arabs are treated better than the Israelis in the respective foreign countries. The Arabs don't have to live in Israel, they're free to leave.

Bwahahaha/ Road signs? Now THERE"S the international criterion for human rights! How about infrastructure? Schools, hospitals, water and electricity, security of land ownership, right to a fair trial, no detention without trial, basic Human Rights? (sorry to mention that irrelevant item)FAIL.

How is that a fail? I pointed out the multilingual road signs that the Israelis have set in place to assist the Arabs. The situation is obviously not ideal, and of course there's improvements that could be made, not only with infrastructure. Tell me why that's irrelevant.

I seriously doubt your claim, though. Source? (preferably from a respected international human rights group)

Do your own research.

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

Is the freedom fighter the terrorist? Using violence with the goal of peace, is like fucking for virginity.

All I did was state facts. You've been opinionated. And judgmental. I was also judgmental of your judgments of me, which is a justifiable judgmental retort.

What was the topic again?
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Vlad is back.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

John Bingham wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:36 pm Vlad is back.
Bwahahaha :BangHead:
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

John Bingham wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:36 pm Vlad is back.
was it the Jew baiting or the pathetic virtue signaling caused by formative years in the failed boer state that was the tip off?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic