Do you support Ukraine or Russia?

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.

Do you support Russia or Ukraine in this conflict?

Poll ended at Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:32 pm

Russia
18%
Ukraine
73%
It's a hoax
3%
I don't know.
6%

Total votes: 79
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Do you support Ukraine or Russia?

Post by phuketrichard »

Putin cant win;
but before he heads home, he will destroy Ukraine
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

He may find it difficult to retreat given the state of his trucks. The rainy season is starting now.
No matter what territory he takes, he will be surrounded by heavily armed opponents.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Well they won’t be leaving by sea. Apparently the warship that was damaged the other day has sunk in the Black Sea while being towed.
hdgh29
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by hdgh29 »

When I hear Zelenski (a failed actor / comedian) bleating, and when I hear all the reports about atrocities by Russian troops (raping mothers in front of their children, massacring whole villages etc) I am reminded of the WW1 propaganda, German troops bayoneting babies and such like. As for new s stories about Putin being a blood crazed mad man,that is entirely contrary to what the world has seen of him i the last 20 years. He has always come across as an intelligent, thoughtful leader, who had the measure of Trump in the first 5 minutes of meeting him, and is well known for his calm demeanor. But we only hear one side of the story, which historically has always been slanted against Russia. And lets not forget, this conflict is big biccies for the arms industry in the US. They aint giving all those weapons for free, thats for sure. War is hell, people die. The US has more blood on their hands in the last two centuries than Russia ever will have.
"I tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

hdgh29 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:05 am When I hear Zelenski (a failed actor / comedian) bleating, and when I hear all the reports about atrocities by Russian troops (raping mothers in front of their children, massacring whole villages etc) I am reminded of the WW1 propaganda, German troops bayoneting babies and such like. As for new s stories about Putin being a blood crazed mad man,that is entirely contrary to what the world has seen of him i the last 20 years. He has always come across as an intelligent, thoughtful leader, who had the measure of Trump in the first 5 minutes of meeting him, and is well known for his calm demeanor. But we only hear one side of the story, which historically has always been slanted against Russia. And lets not forget, this conflict is big biccies for the arms industry in the US. They aint giving all those weapons for free, thats for sure. War is hell, people die. The US has more blood on their hands in the last two centuries than Russia ever will have.
Only one country invaded another. Any apologies are pure horseshit.
The US has more blood on their hands in the last two centuries than Russia ever will have.
Oh please,
The Holodomor's Death Toll
The Ukrainian famine—known as the Holodomor, a combination of the Ukrainian words for “starvation” and “to inflict death”—by one estimate claimed the lives of 3.9 million people, about 13 percent of the population. And, unlike other famines in history caused by blight or drought, this was caused when a dictator wanted both to replace Ukraine’s small farms with state-run collectives and punish independence-minded Ukrainians who posed a threat to his totalitarian authority.
https://www.history.com/news/ukrainian-famine-stalin
siliconlife
Expatriate
Palau Island

Post by siliconlife »

hdgh29 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:05 am When I hear Zelenski (a failed actor / comedian) bleating, and when I hear all the reports about atrocities by Russian troops (raping mothers in front of their children, massacring whole villages etc) I am reminded of the WW1 propaganda, German troops bayoneting babies and such like. As for new s stories about Putin being a blood crazed mad man,that is entirely contrary to what the world has seen of him i the last 20 years. He has always come across as an intelligent, thoughtful leader, who had the measure of Trump in the first 5 minutes of meeting him, and is well known for his calm demeanor. But we only hear one side of the story, which historically has always been slanted against Russia. And lets not forget, this conflict is big biccies for the arms industry in the US. They aint giving all those weapons for free, thats for sure. War is hell, people die. The US has more blood on their hands in the last two centuries than Russia ever will have.
So, what's your stance on Hitler? :stir:
CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Post by CaptainCanuck »

nemo wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:43 am

Nemo, 20 years of Nato broken promises not to encroach on Russian borders after the Berlin wall came down .... How long would you wait if your avowed enemy kept buying and occupying your neighbours land ....

I wonder if one was to peruse your posting history there would be similar comments about America 'invading' and subsequently occupying and destroying Afghanistan or Iraq not once but twice ...how about Somalia or Libya .... Surely you were up in arms about Panama or Grenada ?? .... or is it that America is simply 'Liberators' and only Russia is an invader ...

Of course, this is mostly supposition on my part, if I'm incorrect please accept my apologies if I've mislabeled you as a misguided, historically incorrect hypocrite.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

CaptainCanuck wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:04 am

Nemo, 20 years of Nato broken promises not to encroach on Russian borders after the Berlin wall came down .... How long would you wait if your avowed enemy kept buying and occupying your neighbours land ....

I wonder if one was to peruse your posting history there would be similar comments about America 'invading' and subsequently occupying and destroying Afghanistan or Iraq not once but twice ...how about Somalia or Libya .... Surely you were up in arms about Panama or Grenada ?? .... or is it that America is simply 'Liberators' and only Russia is an invader ...

Of course, this is mostly supposition on my part, if I'm incorrect please accept my apologies if I've mislabeled you as a misguided, historically incorrect hypocrite.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

I thought this thread was about Russia and Ukraine?
CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Post by CaptainCanuck »

nemo wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:08 am
CaptainCanuck wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:04 am

Keep it simple ... That's a good life plan Nemo, I applaud you ..... Everything black and white, no grey, no nuance, no context .... Life I bet is much simpler that way .... If ignorance is bliss I'm guessing you're a pretty happy fellow ..... TBH I'm just a little jealous. ;-)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic