Do you support Ukraine or Russia?

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.

Do you support Russia or Ukraine in this conflict?

Poll ended at Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:32 pm

Russia
18%
Ukraine
73%
It's a hoax
3%
I don't know.
6%

Total votes: 79
YaTingPom
Expatriate
Palestine

Re: Do you support Ukraine or Russia?

Post by YaTingPom »

It all stems from when the Russian backed Ukraine government rejected the deal with NATO and the EU to sign a trade agreement and instead signing with Russiia. This started the Maiden uprising and the derussuafication of Ukraine, then Crimea was annexed and Donbass etc.

Personally I think they are all cunts in that region and as bad as one another. You can go back in history and look at the atrocities carried out by all; Beslan, Bosnia, Chechnia, Albania etc etc.
HaifongWangchuck
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by HaifongWangchuck »

Kammekor wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:33 am
HaifongWangchuck wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:13 pm
Kammekor wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:19 pm
hmph wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:09 am This is an old thread, so it seems I cannot vote. But I support Russia 100%. Why? Because they spent 8 years trying to resolve the issue diplomatically. Had Ukraine implemented the Minsk Agreement that passed the UN Security Council and became international law. None of this would have happened. Donbass would have had autonomous status but still be a part of Ukraine.
If annexation and proxy wars are diplomacy you're right of course.
[
What were the events that led up to said moment? Seems to be missing a wee bit of context
I don't think there's any context needed here, your statement Russia tried to solve the issue diplomatically during 8 years is simply wrong.

I reiterate, for it's a very simple question: What were the events that led up to the Ukraine conflict in the first place? What immediate event[s] prior led to this?

If you are to say nothing happened, then yes, that is truly leaving out the context of it all.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

HaifongWangchuck wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:14 pm
Kammekor wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:33 am
HaifongWangchuck wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:13 pm
Kammekor wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:19 pm
hmph wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:09 am This is an old thread, so it seems I cannot vote. But I support Russia 100%. Why? Because they spent 8 years trying to resolve the issue diplomatically. Had Ukraine implemented the Minsk Agreement that passed the UN Security Council and became international law. None of this would have happened. Donbass would have had autonomous status but still be a part of Ukraine.
If annexation and proxy wars are diplomacy you're right of course.
[
What were the events that led up to said moment? Seems to be missing a wee bit of context
I don't think there's any context needed here, your statement Russia tried to solve the issue diplomatically during 8 years is simply wrong.

I reiterate, for it's a very simple question: What were the events that led up to the Ukraine conflict in the first place? What immediate event[s] prior led to this?

If you are to say nothing happened, then yes, that is truly leaving out the context of it all.
Russian expansionism. That's all.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia