Do you support Ukraine or Russia?

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.

Do you support Russia or Ukraine in this conflict?

Poll ended at Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:32 pm

Russia
18%
Ukraine
73%
It's a hoax
3%
I don't know.
6%

Total votes: 79
Roryborealis
Expatriate

Re: Do you support Ukraine or Russia?

Post by Roryborealis »

Fridaywithmateo wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:50 am I watched a piece yesterday that explained how the CIA joined an effort to replace Ukraine's president in like 2014/2015 ... and then Ukraine started shelling Eastern provinces home to ethnic minority Russians ... that Putin took military action to counter that military action ... you know what they say though ... the first casualty of war is the truth.
You might also consider listening to what some Crimean Tatars have to say about the dispute. Diaspora is a word that comes to mind.
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Post by Fridaywithmateo »

Roryborealis wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:59 pm
Fridaywithmateo wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:50 am I watched a piece yesterday that explained how the CIA joined an effort to replace Ukraine's president in like 2014/2015 ... and then Ukraine started shelling Eastern provinces home to ethnic minority Russians ... that Putin took military action to counter that military action ... you know what they say though ... the first casualty of war is the truth.
You might also consider listening to what some Crimean Tatars have to say about the dispute. Diaspora is a word that comes to mind.
I am ethnic half Szekelar, half Hussar ... I know all about diaspora. My tribe originally came from South Central Asia on dad's side. Magyaris. Any links?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

The largely Muslim Crimean Tatars make up about 13% of Crimea’s population. There is no official breakdown of who has been mobilised but extensive anecdotal evidence suggests Crimean Tatars have been targeted disproportionately. Crimea SOS, a Ukrainian rights organisation, estimates that 90% of mobilisation notices have been given to Crimean Tatars.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/ ... bilisation
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Roryborealis
Expatriate

Post by Roryborealis »

Fridaywithmateo wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:07 pm
I am ethnic half Szekelar, half Hussar ... I know all about diaspora. My tribe originally came from South Central Asia on dad's side. Magyaris. Any links?
You bet.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/ ... nst-russia

https://www.aljazeera.com/opinions/2023 ... er-russian
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

John Bingham wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:17 pm
The largely Muslim Crimean Tatars make up about 13% of Crimea’s population. There is no official breakdown of who has been mobilised but extensive anecdotal evidence suggests Crimean Tatars have been targeted disproportionately. Crimea SOS, a Ukrainian rights organisation, estimates that 90% of mobilisation notices have been given to Crimean Tatars.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/ ... bilisation
Teribble
Stinkman
Expatriate

Post by Stinkman »

John Bingham wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:31 am
Stinkman wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:18 am
John Bingham wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:09 pm On the scale of important events it doesn't register. A nothing burger. Meanwhile Putin's war goes on.
You mean Biden's NATO's expansion war.
The US invasion of Russia, going on right now in the minds of many deluded individuals. :facepalm:

Biden's NATO expansion war:

Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Stinkman wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:45 am
John Bingham wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:09 pm On the scale of important events it doesn't register. A nothing burger. Meanwhile Putin's war goes on.
The US invasion of Russia, going on right now in the minds of many deluded individuals. :facepalm:

Yeah, that's a thing ... when the Berlin Wall came down, the USA made a pinky promise to Russia that NATO would not further encroach to her borders ... whelp, I guess that was a lie.
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

I think we are related. Link here.
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Tootsfriend wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:28 am
I think we are related. Link here.
My stupid IPad can't handle this link ... sigh
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Fridaywithmateo wrote:
Stinkman wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:45 am

Yeah, that's a thing ... when the Berlin Wall came down, the USA made a pinky promise to Russia that NATO would not further encroach to her borders ... whelp, I guess that was a lie.
When Ukraine handed nuclear weapons back to Russia, a treaties were signed that Russia would never invade Ukraine. Umm.. 1994 after the culmination of many treaties to not invade.

https://www.armscontrol.org/factsheets ... ar-Weapons

Not a pinky promise. Former Soviet republics begged to join NATO and the EU. Not CIA operatives who overthrew the government. Has Moscow been conquered yet by Ukrainian troops?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic