Transferwise and ABA Customers

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
Nobby Stiles
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Transferwise and ABA Customers

Post by Nobby Stiles »

Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:51 am

Couple of questions:

You sent the equivalent of £3,000 in USD to your ABA via Wise SWIFT? Is that not the same type of transaction others are unable to execute?

To receive money into my crypto wallet, what information do I need to provide for the transfer?

Thanks in advance.

Yes correct that’s the same type of transaction others are unable to execute. My Wise account is set up with my Khmer address so I’m simply sending money to myself and this method hasn’t failed YET.

I’m a bit confused by your second question but I’ll attempt to answer.
I transferred £’s from my Revolut account onto Binance Exchange which I’m fully verified on, passport etc, that goes straight into my spot wallet and is the only fiat money that goes into a crypto type wallet, all other fiat money received goes straight into my ABA as $.
Nobby Stiles
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Nobby Stiles »

Doc67 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:22 pm
Same question, how recently did you use Wise to ABA via Swift?

Also, my Binance account is registered as me being a Cambodian resident, and they don't allow GDP bank deposits (faster payments). Are you registered as a UK resident with Binance?

I can get onto crypto with a more convoluted method, namely, Barclays to Revolut and then to to Coinbase Pro (spot rate for USDT and cheaper fees), then send USDT to Binance wallet, then out to ABA with a trader in PP.

I made the Wise transfer a few days ago before my successful test run with P2P, I used the same method as always I’ve set myself up as a recipient on my Wise app and the account is in my Khmer address, hasn’t failed YET.

Yes correct my Binance account is registered in my Uk address. Funny coz I originally tried to register with Coinbase from here in Cambodia without using a VPN but just got messages saying no service in your country. When I tried to change the location/country I seem to remember I encountered difficulties so I just registered with Binance and so far so good. I have a Kraken account too which usually has slightly better rates/fees etc so if sending a larger amount, next time, I could use them and then send to Binance after.

What address is your Coinbase account registered in?

Also what network do you use to send the USDT from Coinbase to Binance? If ECR20 that can be pretty pricey for the gas fees!
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Nobby Stiles wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:39 pm

Also, my Binance account is registered as me being a Cambodian resident, and they don't allow GDP bank deposits (faster payments). Are you registered as a UK resident with Binance?

I can get onto crypto with a more convoluted method, namely, Barclays to Revolut and then to to Coinbase Pro (spot rate for USDT and cheaper fees), then send USDT to Binance wallet, then out to ABA with a trader in PP.

I made the Wise transfer a few days ago before my successful test run with P2P, I used the same method as always I’ve set myself up as a recipient on my Wise app and the account is in my Khmer address, hasn’t failed YET.

Yes correct my Binance account is registered in my Uk address. Funny coz I originally tried to register with Coinbase from here in Cambodia without using a VPN but just got messages saying no service in your country. When I tried to change the location/country I seem to remember I encountered difficulties so I just registered with Binance and so far so good. I have a Kraken account too which usually has slightly better rates/fees etc so if sending a larger amount, next time, I could use them and then send to Binance after.

Coinbase is UK registered. Kraken does have better rates but I couldn't get an account with them for some technical reasons. I am working in it though. MY Binance is Cambodian registered whoch stops the UK GDP ramp on, but I can't figure out how to change it. I might just register a new account.

When you receive your Wise/Swift transfer into your ABA account, does the payee show as "Received from Your Name" (or "Received from WISE"? The former worked fine, the latter caused all the problems.

I am wondering of they have sorted out this issue because up until recently they have been telling people they don't accept incoming payments from WISE.
Nobby Stiles
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Nobby Stiles »

Doc67 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:47 pm

Coinbase is UK registered. Kraken does have better rates but I couldn't get an account with them for some technical reasons. I am working in it though. MY Binance is Cambodian registered whoch stops the UK GDP ramp on, but I can't figure out how to change it. I might just register a new account.

When you receive your Wise/Swift transfer into your ABA account, does the payee show as "Received from Your Name" (or "Received from WISE"? The former worked fine, the latter caused all the problems.

I am wondering of they have sorted out this issue because up until recently they have been telling people they don't accept incoming payments from WISE.
Were you in the Uk when you registered with Coinbase? I was in Cambodia when I registered for Coinbase, Binance and Kraken and Coinbase was the only one which I had difficulties with?

Never had an issue with Wise since I re registered with my Khmer address! Yes it has my name as the sender!

I edited my post just after your reply with another question Doc. Which network do you use to transfer the USDT from Coinbase to Binance?
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Nobby Stiles wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:55 pm

Were you in the Uk when you registered with Coinbase? I was in Cambodia when I registered for Coinbase, Binance and Kraken and Coinbase was the only one which I had difficulties with?

Never had an issue with Wise since I re registered with my Khmer address! Yes it has my name as the sender!

I edited my post just after your reply with another question Doc. Which network do you use to transfer the USDT from Coinbase to Binance?
I was in Cambodia when I registered with Coinbase, but declared UK residence. It was always just being used as a conduit after WISE/ABA let me down and I did it to allow UK bank payments to be received into the account

I must look into getting Wise to re-register me, what do they want to know in this regards?

The problem with WISE/ABA is if they declare that they (WISE) are the sender and also the bank, ABA bounces it. If they declare YOU as the sender, and themselves as the bank, it gets through. I suspect you are sending personal account to personal account? No Business accounts involved?

I can't remember the Coinbase - Binance network route I took, probably BSC (BEP20) bit I am in Spain at the moment with a new laptop and I don't want to try and log on and root around as they might block me. It was less than $2 I think but the fees tend to vary and if busy they might increase. I think Kraken has a 1USDT fixed for USDT transfers and if you are sending anything large, always send a small tester amount.

When you directly fund your Binance account through the "Bank Transfer (Faster Payments) facility, what bank do you use? I have Barclays, WISE and Revout. What bank do you use to send money to Binance because I know WISE won't send to CoinBase and Revolut keeps getting bounced by Kraken.
Nobby Stiles
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Nobby Stiles »

Doc67 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:31 pm

I was in Cambodia when I registered with Coinbase, but declared UK residence. It was always just being used as a conduit after WISE/ABA let me down and I did it to allow UK bank payments to be received into the account

I must look into getting Wise to re-register me, what do they want to know in this regards?

The problem with WISE/ABA is if they declare that they (WISE) are the sender and also the bank, ABA bounces it. If they declare YOU as the sender, and themselves as the bank, it gets through. I suspect you are sending personal account to personal account? No Business accounts involved?

I can't remember the Coinbase - Binance network route I took, probably BSC (BEP20) bit I am in Spain at the moment with a new laptop and I don't want to try and log on and root around as they might block me. It was less than $2 I think but the fees tend to vary and if busy they might increase. I think Kraken has a 1USDT fixed for USDT transfers and if you are sending anything large, always send a small tester amount.

When you directly fund your Binance account through the "Bank Transfer (Faster Payments) facility, what bank do you use? I have Barclays, WISE and Revout. What bank do you use to send money to Binance because I know WISE won't send to CoinBase and Revolut keeps getting bounced by Kraken.

I can’t remember what details Wise requires because it was awhile ago now but I do remember I spoke with a very competent customer service rep.
Yes no business accounts involved personal account to personal.
I use Revolut to fund and cash out on Binance and Kraken I haven’t funded Kraken for sometime now but haven’t experienced any issues yet with Revolut.
I’m gonna have to have another look at my Coinbase situation and see if I can get it working for me here, I’m back to the Uk soon so maybe if I’m not successful here I will be there? Have you had any dealings with Coinbase customer service?
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Nobby Stiles wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:53 pm
Doc67 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:31 pm

I can’t remember what details Wise requires because it was awhile ago now but I do remember I spoke with a very competent customer service rep.
Yes no business accounts involved personal account to personal.
I use Revolut to fund and cash out on Binance and Kraken I haven’t funded Kraken for sometime now but haven’t experienced any issues yet with Revolut.
I’m gonna have to have another look at my Coinbase situation and see if I can get it working for me here, I’m back to the Uk soon so maybe if I’m not successful here I will be there? Have you had any dealings with Coinbase customer service?
No dealings with Coinbase. Plenty with Kraken and they were a pain in the ass, and as for Wise, unless you call them their email service is very hard work.

As for Revolut, they blocked my account when I send about £5k to Coinbase and then sent it back within 2 minutes and resent it to Coinbase Pro (the correct site). This caused Revolut to block the account and demand information about the source of funds for the £5k INCOMING credit, even though it was just sent back and forth from the same account. Anyway, I sent them the Coinbase statement showing the £5K in and the £5K back out. Within 8 hours they had unblocked this but...they have a bad reputation for blocking account under the guise of fighting crime. My account was new so maybe they were keeping a very close eye in it.
orichá
Expatriate
Canada

Post by orichá »

...am I missing something? I can't believe all this obtuse pablum-blather. About transferring money?

To transfer money internationally, all you need is a bank account in your original home country, and another bank account at a regular bank, like ABA or Canadia, here in Cambodia, or at any normal bank wherever you happen to be living as an expat... Then, you just get on the phone or email and instruct your home bank to do a TT to your Cambo bank via SWIFT. ...Simple, cheap, fast -- especially for larger amounts...

You don't need all this shitty Wise, CoinWTF Wing, whatever-what-the-fuck it is! ...Everyone knows crypto is a flimsy greed-scam, and is dying; so if you haven't yet cashed out of that garbage, your just another grifter too young to know any better.

Revolut might actually be useful, but ONLY if you are constantly on the move from one country to another.
~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~
“There are terrible difficulties in the notion of probability, but we may ignore them at present.” - Bertrand Russell
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

orichá wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:39 pm ...am I missing something? I can't believe all this obtuse pablum-blather. About transferring money?

To transfer money internationally, all you need is a bank account in your original home country, and another bank account at a regular bank, like ABA or Canadia, here in Cambodia, or at any normal bank wherever you happen to be living as an expat... Then, you just get on the phone or email and instruct your home bank to do a TT to your Cambo bank via SWIFT. ...Simple, cheap, fast -- especially for larger amounts...

You don't need all this shitty Wise, CoinWTF Wing, whatever-what-the-fuck it is! ...Everyone knows crypto is a flimsy greed-scam, and is dying; so if you haven't yet cashed out of that garbage, your just another grifter too young to know any better.

Revolut might actually be useful, but ONLY if you are constantly on the move from one country to another.
Are you speaking as resident and citizen in the UK, with a bank account in Cambodia? Or as a resident and citizen in canada, with a bank account in Cambodia? Because it’s not the same. So, I think maybe you are missing something.

For instance, when I receive other currencies direct to my UK Serling account, the exchange rate losses are huge. In the past, if I transferred funds from the UK to Cambodia direct, there were all sorts of requirements in the UK process which could trip things up, and the exchange rate losses were huge.
I use/used foreign exchange companies to get the best exchange rates.
It’s a little better now, procedurally, but I’d hate to go through the process of setting things up all over again if I changed banks. Exchange rate losses are still unacceptable unless using companies that specialize.

Not all countries have the same rules, procedures, etc. so, while you don’t need all these other intermediate steps, it’s not the same for everyone.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

orichá wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:39 pm ...am I missing something? I can't believe all this obtuse pablum-blather. About transferring money?

...am I missing something
?

Yes, a lot.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic