Transferwise and ABA Customers

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Transferwise and ABA Customers

Post by Doc67 »

Nobby Stiles wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:40 pm
Nobby Stiles wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:44 pm

I last successfully sent money (£) from my Wise account onto my ABA account in October 2021.
I seem to remember my first attempt prior to that had failed and in the end I had to delete my Wise account and start again, this time registering my Wise account in my Khmer address not my Uk correspondence address, after that there has been zero problems with any remittances.
What address have you got registered with Wise?

I was just gonna send £100 now as a test but I’ve noticed my Wise £ account number has changed from what I have saved in my Uk current account payment profile?
I’ve contacted Wise customer support for clarification, once received I’ll try to send the test remittance and report back.

Keep us updated please!

Like I previously mentioned all my problems with TW ceased when I deleted my account and re registered using my Khmer address, as recommended by a very competent customer service rep I was lucky enough to speak with.
I guess if you’re sending money to one’s self it helps if all the information matches.

Just to clarify the issue with my TW account number I had. Your TW account has two account numbers, on for third party transactions and one unique number for yourself only. I had the unique one saved but could only find the 3rd party account number on the TW app, I’m sure both will work for the account holder?
I’ve also found the TW app to be very basic, if you use the TW website you get more options for your transaction, like the ability to pay the intermediary bank fee before sending, so much more transparent.
My situation is slightly different, I have a business account that send the money and although I own the business, from an outsider view it looks like a third party payment and technically I suppose it is.

They have emailed me and said their payments team have sent an amendment to the transfer, so I sit and wait...

Does anyone know how to start a GoFundMe page?
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

Doc67 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:06 pm

I last successfully sent money (£) from my Wise account onto my ABA account in October 2021.
I seem to remember my first attempt prior to that had failed and in the end I had to delete my Wise account and start again, this time registering my Wise account in my Khmer address not my Uk correspondence address, after that there has been zero problems with any remittances.

I was just gonna send £100 now as a test but I’ve noticed my Wise £ account number has changed from what I have saved in my Uk current account payment profile?
I’ve contacted Wise customer support for clarification, once received I’ll try to send the test remittance and report back.

Keep us updated please!

Like I previously mentioned all my problems with TW ceased when I deleted my account and re registered using my Khmer address, as recommended by a very competent customer service rep I was lucky enough to speak with.
I guess if you’re sending money to one’s self it helps if all the information matches.

Just to clarify the issue with my TW account number I had. Your TW account has two account numbers, on for third party transactions and one unique number for yourself only. I had the unique one saved but could only find the 3rd party account number on the TW app, I’m sure both will work for the account holder?
I’ve also found the TW app to be very basic, if you use the TW website you get more options for your transaction, like the ability to pay the intermediary bank fee before sending, so much more transparent.
My situation is slightly different, I have a business account that send the money and although I own the business, from an outsider view it looks like a third party payment and technically I suppose it is.

They have emailed me and said their payments team have sent an amendment to the transfer, so I sit and wait...

Its maybe a little off topic, but is it really much cheaper to send money to a khmer account ?? I dont have one and just go with my Wise-card to the ATM, take out 1100 US every time, and that costs me about 22 US, and the conversatiorate between EUR and US is almost zero, ets say 0.2% ?? All together i loose 2.2% on everything, which in theorie you can win again if you change to RIELS !! ?? In my eyes the only thing better is take cash and change it at Phsar Thmei ?? !!
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Bongmab69 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:00 pm
Doc67 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:06 pm

Keep us updated please!

Its maybe a little off topic, but is it really much cheaper to send money to a khmer account ?? I dont have one and just go with my Wise-card to the ATM, take out 1100 US every time, and that costs me about 22 US, and the conversatiorate between EUR and US is almost zero, ets say 0.2% ?? All together i loose 2.2% on everything, which in theorie you can win again if you change to RIELS !! ?? In my eyes the only thing better is take cash and change it at Phsar Thmei ?? !!
I pay $20 for the Swift fee on $8000, so it is much better to have it sent here. Plus all my bills, right down to much of my shopping and drinking and dining out are now paid for via the ABA app.

Even ladies of the latter hours now accept ABA (as long as you don't mind them knowing your real name)

Drawing out cash is so last millennium :D
ego bibere nimis
Expatriate
Australia

Post by ego bibere nimis »

I did another inbound transfer from wise to my ABA account overnight. Wasn't a lot, but it was 5 figures.

Did the wise to ABA transfer at about 3am this morning, landed in ABA about 11:30am, so quick enough. Doc, if still having problems, feel free to PM me and compare notes on what the difference may be between how we are doing these.
You know that tingly little feeling you get when you really like someone? That's common sense leaving your body.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Just out of curiosity, on the Wise website it does not have a option of sending money to Cambodia. How are you doing it?
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

I am still waiting, they sent to amended MT103 form last Friday but still nothing, despite a couple of stroppy emails. I am losing faith with this firm rapidly.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

ego bibere nimis wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:00 pm I did another inbound transfer from wise to my ABA account overnight. Wasn't a lot, but it was 5 figures.

Did the wise to ABA transfer at about 3am this morning, landed in ABA about 11:30am, so quick enough. Doc, if still having problems, feel free to PM me and compare notes on what the difference may be between how we are doing these.
Is this money sent from a UK bank to TransferWise, converted to US$ and then sent here?

Can you tell me what appears on your ABA app when you view the deposit? Does it say money received from "TramsferWise" or does it state the sender is you?
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Kenr wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:37 am Just out of curiosity, on the Wise website it does not have a option of sending money to Cambodia. How are you doing it?
They do send here, but I am not sure if they accept accounts from here. Cambodia is on a 'grey list' of nations with dubious money laundering credentials, and this may be why ABA are tightening up on the specific naming of the source of the funds when receiving incoming transfers.

All this trouble was avoidable. JP Morgan, who handle TW's SWIFT payments, always used to put my name on the senders section, but at some time between March and June 2021 they started to just quote "TransferWise as the sender. This worked for 3 payments up until November 2021 but now they are bouncing them back.

I am just hoping that the delay is due to them fixing this problems once and for all and not just for this transaction, because I don't want to go through this crap every time.
hairdo
BANNED
Guam

Post by hairdo »

There is a problem with ABA and WISE US accounts. UK/AUS accounts can still transfer to ABA.
ego bibere nimis
Expatriate
Australia

Post by ego bibere nimis »

Doc67 wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:50 am
ego bibere nimis wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:00 pm I did another inbound transfer from wise to my ABA account overnight. Wasn't a lot, but it was 5 figures.

Is this money sent from a UK bank to TransferWise, converted to US$ and then sent here?

Can you tell me what appears on your ABA app when you view the deposit? Does it say money received from "TramsferWise" or does it state the sender is you?
My wise account is a USD account. The money is sent to my my wise 'bank account' as an ACH transfer (domestic interbank transfer) from another US bank. So the only difference appears to be that I have no exchange rate 'complication' as in your case. Will PM you the redacted pdf from ABA.
You know that tingly little feeling you get when you really like someone? That's common sense leaving your body.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic