The pig in flip flops (free house)

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
FrankReynolds
Expatriate
Cambodia

The pig in flip flops (free house)

Post by FrankReynolds »

After seeing a cop in flip flops while I was feeling nostalgic for English pubs, I thought about English boozer names in a khmer style. Some hand painted pub signs are easily imaginable.

The pig in flip flops, Ilkley. Sunday carvery.

Eyes Like a Pineapple. Bombay themed faux tudor pub restaurant on the A412, Slough.

The Wailing Wench. Ladies' darts on Tuesdays. Maryport.

The Black Rose. Nigerian themed pole
-dancing night spot, Sutton Colefield. 2 for 1 on Red Stripe 5-7pm.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Re: The pig in flip flops (free house)

Post by Ghostwriter »

FrankReynolds wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:43 am After seeing a cop in flip flops while I was feeling nostalgic for English pubs, I thought about English boozer names in a khmer style. Some hand painted pub signs are easily imaginable.

The pig in flip flops, Ilkley. Sunday carvery.
It's actually not a bad idea, if you do make them in real. A nice drawing surounded with nice writings, punchy colors, funky font, all on a thick wooden board (traditional materials), with the appropriate holes for further hanging, i could see some cool stuff indeed...even to sell, as almost anything (of quality) can find it's market nowadays...there is weirder stuff on the market.
My brother did so decades ago, for shops, without the funny part, just nice and elegant. Better looking than plexiglas, more handmade kind of look.

Graphically, something between these maybe ? There is probably loads of inspiration from many designs on Pinterest and else...It could look neat, or amateurish, and both could be cool...

ImageImageImage
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: The pig in flip flops (free house)

Post by Username Taken »

One former icon of Phnom Penh nightlife used to have a second sign hanging outside the second floor, which read "The Whale n Hoe", complete with an image of a whale holding a hoe.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic