Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Openet forced closing due to debt

Post by Tootsfriend »

Or maybe be Smart and change companies.

Enjoy Smart @Home, the simple, plug-and-play home Wi-Fi service from Smart!​

You can set it up in five minutes with no cabling needed and no deposit required. With certain plans, you’ll even get the FREE router!​

Choose one of three affordable plans, starting from as low as 12 USD/month. Enjoy great home Internet as well as FREE and UNLIMITED access to movies, sporting events and TV shows on Soyo and JaiKonTV.​

All Smart mobile customers that activate Smart @Home will receive a 2GB data BONUS every month on their linked Smart @Home mobile number. Not only that, but all Smart @Home customers also instantly become SmartVIP members!​

Order your Smart @Home in the SmartNas app now and one of our agents will come and install it for you. In SmartNas, you can also easily check your service status and manage your account. Alternatively, you can visit one of our Smart Shops to purchase this service.

Smart @Home is now available in Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, Battambang, Sihanoukville, Banteay Meanchey (Sisophon and Poipet), Kampong Speu, Kampong Cham, Kandal, Kampot, Kampong Chhnang, Takeo, Kampong Thom, Koh Kong, Prey Veng, Oddar Meanchey, Pailin, Pursat, Ratanakiri, Stung Treng, Svay Rieng and Tboung Khmum. More locations are coming soon!​

BASIC
STANDARD
PREMIUM
PriceMax download speedRouter price2-month priceOrder now
ONLY
USD/MONTH
4Mbps
6 USD
30 USD
SmartNas
Dial 1204
ONLY
USD/MONTH
6Mbps
FREE
30 USD
SmartNas
Dial 1204
ONLY
USD/MONTH
10Mbps
FREE
36 USD
SmartNas
Dial 1204
You'll get unlimited access to Soyo and JaiKonTV for FREE, instant SmartVIP membership, become a Pleng Pro user and get a FREE 2GB data BONUS for your active Smart prepaid mobile number every month !

Check coverage in your area and order:
SmartNas
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Thank you Tootsfriend!
I've just booked my new Smart router via my phone app, they are coming tomorrow at 7pm to install.
I could hug you, thanks!
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

My GF phoned them and reported poor performance.
They reset the connection and working great.
Here is the number
Ozinasia
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ozinasia »

Tootsfriend wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 2:48 pm Or maybe be Smart and change companies.

I went to SMART office that asked my address put it into their computer and said sorry sir no good at you address it has limited coverage .
cost $7.00 a month for prepaid and I use the roaming on my phone for now .
Ozinasia
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ozinasia »

Here is the number
[/quote]

Thanks for that I'll give that a shot right now its slower then old dial up :?
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Mine kept disconnecting every 10 seconds or so then reconnecting.
Flushing the dns cache using ipconfig /flushdns from cmd seems to remedy it for a while- I imagine there is some dns propagation issue as the CS person said the fix could take 12 hrs to fully resolve.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

I got a text from them and registered with their website. Still no internet. service useless and no information on my plan with them.

From their website it seemd that the minimum home use is $29 for 50mps. Is that right? Openet was $16 for 10mps which was fine.
ali baba
Expatriate

Post by ali baba »

Very slow connection except for torrents so I'm catching up on TV.
Scarier than malaria.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

I used SMART@Home for about six months.

My advice is, if you have a computer with an Ethernet connection (so you can plug the router directly into your computer without using WiFi) use that. For me I got a much more stable connection and the speeds generally remained the same as what I paid for. If you use WiFi, the connection can be a bit hit-and-miss. It was for me anyway.

Many things can interfere with your WiFi connection, such as your neighbours WiFi connection and anything else that emits radio waves on certain frequencies such as microwave ovens. You can say the same for any WiFi router, but I found the Smart router to be particularly affected by interference. Especially if you live in an apartment block.

And as SMART@Home operates on the 4G network, it's very easy to place it next to your laptop if you use your laptop on a desk in a home office type of set-up.

If your computer doesn't have an Ethernet port, you can easily buy a USB to Ethernet converter.

Obviously if you find your connection is fine without doing this, there's no need. There was for me however.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic