official procedure for C19 positive

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
ressl
Expatriate
Germany

official procedure for C19 positive

Post by ressl »

Does anyone know, how it works? Starting simple with:
1) where to report?
2) what are the requirements for home treatment?

Of course, one could simply test positive and stay at home, however this will not get you an entry in your official collection book

Edit: no, not that one. The thing of the size of a credit card with a QR-code, your name, your passport number and your telephone number on it, you got from your last jab
Driving on Cambodian roads is just like playing a classic arcade top scroller. The only difference is a force feedback controller, the limitation to only one life and the inability to restart, once Game Over
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Re: official procedure for C19 positive

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

As far as I know, people just stay at home. There's no "reporting". What use would that be? They're not contact tracing anymore, so maybe just tell people you've been in contact with in the past week, and if your condition worsens, go to the proper hospital (Russian?). Others may know more, but that's the extent of it as far as I know.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Actually, it is a crime not to report it, though staying home and keeping quiet is still solid advice!

post532153.html#p532153
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

If you report you"ll get visit from authorities. And if they decide your home is not good for quarantine (or they just want milk more money from foreigner, neighbors dont like Covid you, landlord want get rid of Covid you etc ) you"ll end up in a "nice" quarantine center. Why bother?
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

Omicron is absolutely everywhere now. I've had five close friends / colleagues etc go down with it in the past two to three weeks, one of them my own partner who I live with. I have strangely managed to avoid it so far but it's coming.

Trying to control it now would be like whacking a hornets nest with the expectation of catching each and every one with a small glass and a piece of cardboard. There is nothing anyone can do to deal with it anymore. If (when) you get it, just stay home and isolate. That's all the advice left to give.

Thankfully for the overwhelming majority, due to the fact that we've all been vaccinated along with boosters, plus omicron just naturally being milder in nature anyway, it's not that much different to a week or so of flu-like symptoms.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

xandreu wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:50 pm Omicron is absolutely everywhere now. I've had five close friends / colleagues etc go down with it in the past two to three weeks, one of them my own partner who I live with. I have strangely managed to avoid it so far but it's coming.

Trying to control it now would be like whacking a hornets nest with the expectation of catching each and every one with a small glass and a piece of cardboard. There is nothing anyone can do to deal with it anymore. If (when) you get it, just stay home and isolate. That's all the advice left to give.

Thankfully for the overwhelming majority, due to the fact that we've all been vaccinated along with boosters, plus omicron just naturally being milder in nature anyway, it's not that much different to a week or so of flu-like symptoms.
Don't tell them that, they might take you away and invasively examine you extensively to see why you are immune.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Just to know what the situation is in the Asia-Pacific region.
I was informed by two very relevant sources of information about the omicron virus surging throughout the city weeks ago. But it seems to be played down by medical authorities, maybe it may upset investments, or the usual denial.

Malaysia, South Korea break daily coronavirus case records as Asia-Pacific region grapples with omicron surge

https://www.msn.com/en-xl/asia/top-stor ... hp&pc=U531
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Qedres
Tourist

Post by Qedres »

I need a PCR test to fly out of Cambodia on Wednesday.

What happens if I test positive? Will that be reported and will I be visited and forced to quarantine facility?
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

AndyKK wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:17 pm Just to know what the situation is in the Asia-Pacific region.
I was informed by two very relevant sources of information about the omicron virus surging throughout the city weeks ago. But it seems to be played down by medical authorities, maybe it may upset investments, or the usual denial.

Malaysia, South Korea break daily coronavirus case records as Asia-Pacific region grapples with omicron surge

https://www.msn.com/en-xl/asia/top-stor ... hp&pc=U531
Of Thailand, Vietnam, South Korea and Malaysia, all countries in the teeth of this Omicron wave, Cambodia has the highest % of Omicron amongst those tested and sequenced. Yet it has the lowest numbers of infections by far. We all know the truth of the matter. As long as the government can hold its nerve for a month or so, we will get through this without pointless lockdowns or business closures.

This explains it nicely.

New cases per day:

% of those tested are Omicron:

Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

Qedres wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:28 pm I need a PCR test to fly out of Cambodia on Wednesday.

What happens if I test positive? Will that be reported and will I be visited and forced to quarantine facility?
If you have apartment or hotel who will accommodate you and dont have severe symptoms you"ll will probably be allowed to quarantine at home. But you cant be never sure...
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic