Novak Djokovic says he’d rather skip Wimbledon and French Open than get a coronavirus vaccine

Title says it all really...
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Novak Djokovic says he’d rather skip Wimbledon and French Open than get a coronavirus vaccine

Post by phuketrichard »

i admire him for having a stand on things even if it fucks his life>>
need more people like him.

The world’s top-ranked men’s tennis player, Novak Djokovic, said in an interview broadcast Tuesday that he had not been vaccinated against the coronavirus and was prepared to sacrifice playing in Grand Slam tournaments rather than be forced to take the shot.

In an interview with the BBC, the Serbian star said it was a “misconception” and “wrong conclusion” that he was part of the anti-vaccine movement, stating instead that he supported the freedom to choose.

“I was never against vaccination,” Djokovic said. “I understand that globally, everyone is trying to put a big effort into handling this virus … but I’ve always represented and always supported the freedom to choose what you put into your body and for me that is essential.”
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/tennis ... ar-AATSarF
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kampuchia Crumbs
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Novak Djokovic says he’d rather skip Wimbledon and French Open than get a coronavirus vaccine

Post by Kampuchia Crumbs »

Agreed. It's good to see someone stand up for something they believe in, rather than being bullied by others to do something they feel is not right.
What, Me worry?
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Novak Djokovic says he’d rather skip Wimbledon and French Open than get a coronavirus vaccine

Post by Kammekor »

I'd say this is typical NIMBY behavior.

But he's got the balls to accept the (financial) consequences. Kudos for that.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Yeah, we really need more people like him. :?

Silence, exile, and cunning.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

I reckon he didn't have much choice but say that following the Aussie fiasco.. otherwise he'd have absolutely no integrity and lose face.
Gazzy
Expatriate
South Africa

Post by Gazzy »

Not missed
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Clutch Cargo wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:55 pm I reckon he didn't have much choice but say that following the Aussie fiasco.. otherwise he'd have absolutely no integrity and lose face.
Or maybe he truly believes in freedom of choice and said it because of that and not because he's worried about losing face.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

So he’s willing to skip the vaccine, making himself more susceptible but also putting everyone else’s lives in danger. He should be banned anyway.
sammycooke
Expatriate
Canada

Post by sammycooke »

Maybe he can get a truckers job in Canada.

Oh wait!
Ryan754326
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Ryan754326 »

GMJS-CEO wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:00 am So he’s willing to skip the vaccine, making himself more susceptible but also putting everyone else’s lives in danger. He should be banned anyway.
The narrative that someone getting the vaccine protects others from infection in any meaningful way has crumbled.
I know far more vaccinated people who have been infected lately than unvaccinated people, probably because they’re the ones who are allowed to go out and socialize with others.

The only person the vaccine really protects is the person who gets it. Djokovic is only putting himself at risk, but then he’s not the type of person who is at any real risk from covid anyway. As far as I know, he’s already beaten the disease.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic