Vietnam ministries back March 15 full re-opening

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Re: Vietnam ministries back March 15 full re-opening

Post by ExPenhMan »

Mister1107 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:12 pm Expenhman

How about buying an investor visa??
No idea of the price.

Also, is it possible to convert a one month tourist visa to three months??
As I noted in the previous page of this thread, agents are awaiting fresh guidelines on the 90-day Tourist visa and business visas, of which there are many. Otherwise, I know nothing about the investor visa topic, being a dedicated tourist, but Vietnam Visa does a very thorough summary of all the new visa rules that came into effect July 1, 2020. Plus, the Visa drop-down menu at the page top goes into great detail on the investor visa. At this link:

https://www.vietnam-visa.com/new-vietna ... on-policy/
yongchi
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by yongchi »

ExPenhMan wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:42 am
Mister1107 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:12 pm Expenhman

How about buying an investor visa??
No idea of the price.

Also, is it possible to convert a one month tourist visa to three months??
As I noted in the previous page of this thread, agents are awaiting fresh guidelines on the 90-day Tourist visa and business visas, of which there are many. Otherwise, I know nothing about the investor visa topic, being a dedicated tourist, but Vietnam Visa does a very thorough summary of all the new visa rules that came into effect July 1, 2020. Plus, the Visa drop-down menu at the page top goes into great detail on the investor visa. At this link:

From the link:
"But for tourist visas which are valid for more than 30 days, tourists are only given a 30-day temporary residence stamp, and they may consider extending visa every 30 days if they do not wish to leave the country."

This is the bummer; Thailand is generous by comparison and both Cambodia and Thailand have a retirement extension.
But their country their...
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

yongchi wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:38 am
ExPenhMan wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:42 am

From the link:
"But for tourist visas which are valid for more than 30 days, tourists are only given a 30-day temporary residence stamp, and they may consider extending visa every 30 days if they do not wish to leave the country."

This is the bummer; Thailand is generous by comparison and both Cambodia and Thailand have a retirement extension.
But their country their...
Yeah, I've known about this pain in the ass: Every 30 days you have to go to the local Immigration office and get a stamp for 240,000VND/US$10. Then you must leave VN before your Tourist visa's 90 days are up. This is going to cause a lot of retirees to either leave VN or -- yikes! -- get married. Of course, many of us used Business visas to remain, but the gov started shutting down this dodge over the last few years. At one point, the 1-year DL was dropped to a 6-month limit for the same price as the 1-year, and then the best you could do was a 3-month DL via (dodgy) agents. Then there was nothing at all.

The gov did this to discourage "teachers" from working without a permit or proper visa. There were probably thousands of them. And this dodge was by no means restricted to westerners. Chinese and Koreans were using this 90-day visa to work.
yongchi
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by yongchi »

ExPenhMan wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:23 pm Then you must leave VN before your Tourist visa's 90 days are up. This is going to cause a lot of retirees to either leave VN or -- yikes! -- get married.
That's an interesting point @ExPenhMan. They seem to be fairly generous when it comes to the folks married to a Vietnamese: up to 3 years residence permit at a time (as per the link). And, I am happy for the married guys/girls who can enjoy that.
Now, if they could add a 3-year retirement extension...
stevenjb
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by stevenjb »

The 1-Year USA citizens Visa in Vietnam, any news if that will resume?

I saw an online visa agency still has the 1-Year on their selections.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

stevenjb wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:18 am The 1-Year USA citizens Visa in Vietnam, any news if that will resume?

Have a look on the FB group, Vietnam Legal Group. You have to join to see posts. Or check the VN embassy/consulate web sites in the US.

It's my feeling Vietnam is keeping it simple at the beginning of re-opening by just issuing the e-visa, for 30-day tourists, via the government portal. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, an agency said they are awaiting guidelines on the 90-day Tourist visa and Business visas.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

ExPenhMan wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:15 am
stevenjb wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:18 am The 1-Year USA citizens Visa in Vietnam, any news if that will resume?

Have a look on the FB group, Vietnam Legal Group. You have to join to see posts. Or check the VN embassy/consulate web sites in the US.

It's my feeling Vietnam is keeping it simple at the beginning of re-opening by just issuing the e-visa, for 30-day tourists, via the government portal. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, an agency said they are awaiting guidelines on the 90-day Tourist visa and Business visas.
30 days is plenty for 95% of tourists.

What's the latest on the covid testing, pre and post flight? Have they dropped it yet?
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Doc67 wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:50 am
ExPenhMan wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:15 am

30 days is plenty for 95% of tourists.

What's the latest on the covid testing, pre and post flight? Have they dropped it yet?
From Travel Daily Asia:

Entry Protocols

Travellers who wish to visit the country will only need to present a negative Covid-19 test certificate using RT-PCR/RT-LAMP method done within 72 hours before departure from country of origin or a RAT (Rapid Antigen Test) done within 24 hours from departure
Travellers who are unable to take the test before arrival is required to undergo testing at the border gate before entry using the same above-mentioned method
At the border gate, if you have signs and symptoms of COVID-19 (a fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath or difficult breathing, muscle or body aches – fatigue – chills, new loss of taste or smell, etc.), be sure to immediately notify the health authority at the border gate to take medical measures as prescribed.
If the test result is negative travellers are allowed to leave their accommodation and proceed with their travel plans
If the test result returns positive, travellers are required to undergo quarantine and follow the regulations of the health authority
Children under 2 years old are exempted from the mandatory testing
Travellers are required to install and use Vietnam’s health declaration application (PC-COVID) before entry
Travellers must have travel insurance that covers COVID-19 treatment with a minimum liability of USD10,000
During the 10 days from the date of entry, travellers are requested to continue to self-monitor and follow minimum health standards (wear a medical face mask and disinfect hands regularly). Travellers who are experiencing signs and symptoms of Covid-19 must notify the nearest medical facility
Visa Policy

Visa Exemption – citizens of the following countries are granted visa-free entry for 15 days: Germany, France, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom, Russia, Japan, South Korea, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland and Belarus
E-Visa – citizens of eligible countries may apply for 30-day single-entry e-visa.
List of countries
E-Visa Application
Other nationals not in the list may contact us for approval letter for visa at embassy
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

For me personally, Vietnam is back in the game for a side trip from Cambodia in May. Unless things change again by then, it doesn't look too bad: One rapid test in Phnom Penh before departure, no tests in Vietnam and for returning to Cambodia. That one rapid test would be acceptable for me. Just.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Alex wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:20 pm For me personally, Vietnam is back in the game for a side trip from Cambodia in May. Unless things change again by then, it doesn't look too bad: One rapid test in Phnom Penh before departure, no tests in Vietnam and for returning to Cambodia. That one rapid test would be acceptable for me. Just.
Yep, one test is tolerable, and definitely done here and NOT on arrival.

Where can yo get a RAT test here and how much are they? Surely a lot less than the PCR's?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic