Entry requirements February 2022

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Entry requirements February 2022

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

bittermelon wrote: ↑Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:25 am No Pfizer? 😣
Number 1 on the list. BioNTech = Pfizer
techietraveller84
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by techietraveller84 »

Well, it seems like things are finally opening up enough. Still gonna give it a few more months to make sure. I would like to see the testing disappear. It leaves so much open to chance.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Eeyan wrote: ↑Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:55 pm "The pre-departure test requirement for travellers transiting through Singapore will be removed from 22 February 2022."

Singapore Airlines have announced this today, should help a few.
Saves me $45 beer 🍻 money on the way out.
Which means that when you return to the UK you will not need a PCR if you are going PNH - SIN - LHR because the UK doesn't require one either. Is that correct?
Eeyan
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Eeyan »

Doc67 wrote: ↑Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:45 am
Eeyan wrote: ↑Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:55 pm "The pre-departure test requirement for travellers transiting through Singapore will be removed from 22 February 2022."

Which means that when you return to the UK you will not need a PCR if you are going PNH - SIN - LHR because the UK doesn't require one either. Is that correct?
Correct, no test at all needed from 22nd.
It's a PCR OR LFT that is currently required for the transit, just so happens that the PCR for Cambodia can double up to be used at Changi.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Eeyan wrote: ↑Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:08 pm

It's a PCR OR LFT that is currently required for the transit, just so happens that the PCR for Cambodia can double up to be used at Changi.
By the time I go to London in May/June, I am hoping that Cambodia has abandoned it's pre flight PCR requirement, and maybe even testing on arrival, so my return will be as smooth as my departure.

Anyone flying out on the 22nd via Singapore to somewhere like London (where no pre-flight test is required either) better have a print out of the new rules for the check in staff. As PSD-Kiwi stated many times, the airlines check-in staff are the gatekeepers and their information is not always up to date.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

Doc67 wrote: ↑Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:34 am

By the time I go to London in May/June, I am hoping that Cambodia has abandoned it's pre flight PCR requirement, and maybe even testing on arrival, so my return will be as smooth as my departure.

Anyone flying out on the 22nd via Singapore to somewhere like London (where no pre-flight test is required either) better have a print out of the new rules for the check in staff. As PSD-Kiwi stated many times, the airlines check-in staff are the gatekeepers and their information is not always up to date.
Nice-- how long approx are you going for? I am eyeing leaving NYC August 19th for Cambodia. Depending on how long, maybe we can cross paths again. I still have that paperwork you gave me. My good luck charm!
It would be amazing if no pre flight PCR requirement but I never thought that would be possible. You think requirements will relax even further?
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

BklynBoy wrote: ↑Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:25 am

Nice-- how long approx are you going for? I am eyeing leaving NYC August 19th for Cambodia. Depending on how long, maybe we can cross paths again. I still have that paperwork you gave me. My good luck charm!
It would be amazing if no pre flight PCR requirement but I never thought that would be possible. You think requirements will relax even further?
No fixed dates yet, still considering tagging on a European jaunt for a few weeks, but it will be sometime in May and June.

The last region in the world to abandon pre flight testing will be the uptight control freaks than run SEA. They went for zero covid and eventually that failed. Now most understand that the spread of Omicron is unstoppable and they are just holding on tight until it passes. Then they will be in the same position as Europe and the Americas and there will be no reason to carry on.

All this assumes there is no new variant that is more pathogenic than Omicron and/or evades the immunity that vaccination and/or a prior Omicron infection provides. At this point, all bets are off.
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

I flew back to EU in Feb last year.No PCR requirement in my country nor in Frankfurt airport. But ground staff at PP airport gave me clear NO. So if you want to play safe....
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Chuck Borris wrote: ↑Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:55 am I flew back to EU in Feb last year.No PCR requirement in my country nor in Frankfurt airport. But ground staff at PP airport gave me clear NO. So if you want to play safe....
As PSD-Kiwi says, the airlines and their check-in staff are the gatekeepers, and their information is not always up to date.

As from today you can transit through Singapore without a PCR test and if your destination doesn't require one to enter, such as the UK, then in theory you can just rock up at PP airport this evening without any PCR test.

Most destinations still require a test and do most transit hubs, so the PNH-SIN-LHR is a bit of a rarity. I would be very anxious to try it today without a PCR test.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Doc67 wrote: ↑Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:24 am
BklynBoy wrote: ↑Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:25 am

No fixed dates yet, still considering tagging on a European jaunt for a few weeks, but it will be sometime in May and June.

The last region in the world to abandon pre flight testing will be the uptight control freaks than run SEA. They went for zero covid and eventually that failed. Now most understand that the spread of Omicron is unstoppable and they are just holding on tight until it passes. Then they will be in the same position as Europe and the Americas and there will be no reason to carry on.

All this assumes there is no new variant that is more pathogenic than Omicron and/or evades the immunity that vaccination and/or a prior Omicron infection provides. At this point, all bets are off.
UPDATE:

BRUSSELS (AP) -- European Union member countries agreed Tuesday that they should further facilitate tourist travel into the 27-nation bloc for people who are vaccinated against the coronavirus or have recovered from Covid-19.

The EU are set to abandon all pre-flight PCR tests for the whole bloc, and it includes passengers from the UK ( muchas gracias amigos etc)

You still need to prove you've been vaccinated but at last the testing industry is getting rugged, and not before time. They will quietly drop or ignore the vax requirements in the fullness of time. (They probably wont announce it and give the anti vaxxers a reason to gloat.)

How long before SEA catches up? I reckon by June Cambodia will have stopped too, and maybe even Thailand and Vietnam. (sticking me neck out here)

https://www.travelweekly.com/Europe-Tra ... quirements
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic