Taiwan Tattoo , New book includes the beating by Chinese in Sihanoukville and Police"s response

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
TaiwanTattooFace
Tourist

Taiwan Tattoo , New book includes the beating by Chinese in Sihanoukville and Police"s response

Post by TaiwanTattooFace »

[img]file:///C:/Users/Paul/Downloads/Taiwan%20Tattoo%20Paul.jpg[/img]
[img]file:///C:/Users/Paul/Downloads/Synopsis%20jp.jpg[/img]

#TaiwanTattoo I'm looking for a publisher/agent, for my book/memoir, I've written about the Tattoo and my 16 years so far in Asia. Please message me for more details if you are an agent or publisher. Thank you :) https://t.co/ZQP0teNfMT

Excerpt from my book:

The Beating

So, one night after Miko had blocked me again on social media apps. I decided to drive to the Golden Lion Plaza (pub street). I had a few drinks in one bar as it was still a little early nowhere was very busy, so I walked around. I spotted a large group of Chinese males drinking outside of one of the bars and thought I could maybe drink with them and practice my Chinese, so I went in and sat a table near their group. They weren’t your average group of Chinese workers or tourists they looked like they could be Mafia, I thought to myself judging by some had tattoos and shaved heads.

I sat and drank my beer then removed my hat (stupidly) exposing my tattoo and walked over to introduce myself in mandarin, before I even reached their table I was met with a cry of “台灣是中國”(“Taiwan is China” ), I replied “台灣不是中國,台灣是台灣而已” (Taiwan is not China, Taiwan is Taiwan only”, then all hell broke loose. I was getting pummeled from every direction with fists, pool cues, chairs and metal bars, I fought back and landed a few random punches against the many attackers and never fell down as, I know how to take a beating and my adrenaline was pumping but, I knew I wouldn’t be able withstand this pummeling for long and wanted it to stop as didn’t want to die, so I shouted “Ok, Ok stop, I'll say Taiwan is China, Taiwan is China ok, just stop” I said this in Mandarin and the onslaught stopped. I got on my bike and drove back to Otres three covered in blood and minus my two-front teeth and blood pouring out my head, mouth and lips.

On the way back I stopped at local bar in Otres blood soaked and ordered a beer, the locals Khmer and expats there asked what had happened and I told them the truth “I was, beaten up by Chinese”, one local Khmer guy there wanted to form a posey and go back to bar and beat up the Chinese, I said “No, no fuck them, they’re not worth it.” I'll report them to the news and revenge will only make us look bad, then got them to take a photo of me Infront of a Cambodian flag on the wall.

I drove back to my bungalow and asked the couple in the bungalow opposite to make a video and I explained what had just happened.

Then I posted the pictures and video on an FB Taiwan English news group and messaged it to my friend Keoni who was a reporter for Taiwan News, the story got picked up by other news agencies and started to go viral。

After a few days of the story going viral it had caught the attention of HE’s government and a week after the incident plain clothed Khmer officers came to my bungalow.

They told me they saw the news on the internet and asked me to come down to the police statement to make a statement.

The Forced Statement

At the station they seemed more concerned with how the story had gone viral than, what actually happened, and they kept asking me the names of the journalists in Taiwan, I had contacted. They also wanted a detailed overview of who, my family was including their addresses and job titles. It felt more like an interrogation than an interview, I told them clearly what had happened and that, I was attacked by Chinese, they told me, I was mistaken and it wasn’t Chinese that attacked me, it was Khmer people, which it obviously wasn’t.

The police at the police station in Sihanoukville, mostly all seemed to be Chinese Khmer and spoke fluent mandarin, they had huge gold rings on almost every finger, thick gold bracelets, jewel encrusted watches and drove very expensive looking brand new cars.

They told me they had the minister of interior on the phone and, they were considering charging me with defaming the nation because, I had told the story to overseas journalists, that caused it to go viral, they said it made Cambodia look bad and can damage tourism to their country.

They said, if I co-operated with them then, I'd be free to go and not be arrested. They gave me a pen and dictated to me what to write, I wrote it down word for word, what he had told me including is grammatical errors and broken English.

They then, made a video and told me, what I needed to say first before they started recording, I went along with it and followed what they said as, I didn’t want to end up like all those foreign journalists that, are still imprisoned over there now for writing things or saying things the government didn’t like.

I was scared.

They made me lie and say that, I was mistaken and that it wasn’t the Chinese customers that attacked me, it was the Khmer bar staff and Khmer people around and, that no Chinese citizens took part in the attack.

They told me, I needed to contact all the journalists in Taiwan and get them to retract the news story.

I said I would, as I just wanted to get out of the police station, they asked for my passport which, I didn’t have as it was in the scooter rental place, they told me they’d collect it from the rental shop and, asked for the scooter rental shop address. They told me I was not to leave the country or Sihanoukville and, they’d come to visit me in a weeks' time, to make sure I'd contacted all the journalists. They also made me, on the spot message Keoni from, Taiwan news and tell him, I was mistaken and then they made me show them the message.

By, the time I was allowed to leave the police station, it was late evening and I got on my scooter and dashed back to Otres 3 as fast as I could.

I packed up, all my things, told my friends on messenger what had happened at the station, and stayed up in a sleepless night, waiting until sunrise so, I could drive to the scooter rental place and, hopefully get my passport before they do and get the hell out of here.

The Escape from Cambodia

At sunrise, I drove as fast as could, to the scooter rental shop, it was only 5.30am so, it was still closed and the sign said they opened at 6am so, I sat outside and waited, paranoid the police would show up to get my passport before I did.

At 6am, the inside shutters finally went up and the shop opened. I returned, my motorcycle, got my passport and, jumped on a motorcycle taxi to the bus station. Phew!

At the bus station, I anxiously bought a bus ticket from Sihanoukville to Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam, and first I'd need to change in Phonm Phenh, on the bus it was full with mostly only Chinese people, a mix of Chinese workers, investors and tourists.

I changed buses at Phonm Phenh, for one to the Cambodia Vietnam border.

As, the bus pulled into the border, all the passengers had to get off the bus to, walk through the immigration check point, I handed the immigration officer my passport and was stamped out of Cambodia, with deep sigh of relief, I'd managed to leave Cambodia with my life and liberty still intact.

I checked into the Vietnam border, and got the 14 days, Visa exempt stamp and back on the bus to Saigon.

Once, in Saigon, I just checked into a cheap hotel on Bui Vien above, Bookworm's café that I'd booked on booking.com on my phone.
aroimakmak
Tourist
Argentina

Re: Taiwan Tattoo , New book includes the beating by Chinese in Sihanoukville and Police"s response

Post by aroimakmak »

Hats off to you sir. Hope this gets traction.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Re: Taiwan Tattoo , New book includes the beating by Chinese in Sihanoukville and Police"s response

Post by Ghostwriter »

That's the shit i'd expect to watch from an independent / underground / alternative (however you call it) movie studio.
I would assume the Jackass crew would enjoy to read the story and eventually point directions ?
Maybe give a #John Waters hashtag on Twitter ?
I guess a good story for any media looking up to piss off China, political correctness etc etc. There is some players in this sector.
Dumbfuckery is never short of attention, money, in this valley of tears.

I sure did watched shitloads of movies with fictional blander plots.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

With a tattoo on ya forehead your looking for attention, someone will buy his book, then he can buy another trip to Cambodia
Last edited by atst on Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

I remember this incident quite vividly as it was quite unique. I'd be more interested in when/why/how you go the tattoo in the first place, as I was already familiar with h much of the aftermath.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

TaiwanTattooFace wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:33 am

The Escape from Cambodia

At sunrise, I drove as fast as could, I'd need to change in Phonm Phenh,
I changed buses at Phonm Phenh, for one to the Cambodia Vietnam border.

As, the bus pulled into the border, all the passengers had to get off the bus to, walk through the immigration check point, I handed the immigration officer my passport and was stamped out of Cambodia, with deep sigh of relief, I'd managed to leave Cambodia with my life and liberty still intact.
This could make a really great movie. However to give it a wider audience and a better box-office return I would change a few things. The protagonist would get "Taiwan is Chinese" tattooed on his head, then visit Taiwan. He would then get in a series of arguments and punch-ups with the locals, eventually resulting in him being arrested and tortured by corrupt Taiwanese cops. It would all be done in a very humorous way, to preserve the culture of peaceful existence between the mainland and the break-away bandit nation. Eventually the head-tattoo guy would escape and swim across to the mainland, to be welcomed as a returning hero.

Silence, exile, and cunning.
Singapore Slinger
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by Singapore Slinger »

Morale of the story : Don't get face tattoos!
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Well, I think the Chinese have gone well down in my book for being understanding.
This incident happened to me at the moto parking lot at Preah Kossamak Hospital, the old Khmer guy still sits at the desk, I arrived explaining that I was just going down the road to the food restaurant, but unfortunately, I had left my ticket in the ICU ward. He knew me by now, and said OKAY, I paid him the 3000reil for the parking and got on my moto, put the keys in the ignition, then a Chinese guy came from the side and snatched the key's. I said to him give them back, then another Chinese guy started pulling me off the moto, the guy who took the keys then landed a punch. Now I saw red, I threw a few punchers back and took my keys from the guy, a younger Khmer pulled up on his moto and jesters for me to get on the back, he took me for the food, would not take payment.
The following day I went for the moto with the ticket this time, to the same guy who took my keys. Chinese are buying everything. What will be left for Cambodians'.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Singapore Slinger
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by Singapore Slinger »

If you want to know what a real scumbag this utter halfwit is you need only search his posting history,he was jailed in Taiwan for arson for throwing a Molotov Cocktail at a Family Mart,as they wouldn't serve him a burger because he's a drunk :
newsworthy/british-expat-paul-beaten-ch ... 20351.html
:please:
Lost50
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Lost50 »

A proper bellend with the writing skills of a dead pigeon.

Sure hope you returned to wherever you belong & that very clearly isn't anywhere in SE Asia.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic