Irish PAUL DONOGHUE Arrested After Killing Woman in Drunk Driving Accident

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Irish PAUL DONOGHUE Arrested After Killing Woman in Drunk Driving Accident

Post by General Mackevili »

Chad Sexington wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:36 pm
So voicing my disgust at this killer (because that’s what he is) is classed as virtue signaling?
And drinking and driving is OK because all expats do it, and it’s just bad luck if they kill somebody? Nice!
The part that I thought came off a bit 'virtue signalingish' is the fact you came on here ranting and raving that nobody had said they wanted to cut his balls off and instead discussed something else about the story. Nobody had said anything positive about him or defended him or his actions in any way when you posted that, so yes, it did come off that way a bit.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Chad Sexington wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:06 am
Doc67 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:22 am
atst wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:21 am If Chinese would have been released by now
FTFY
atst can correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe his point was “if he’d been Chinese he’d have been hung, drawn and quartered” (figuratively speaking) by CEO posters.
The lack of condemnation of a DUI killer on this forum is disconcerting, does he get a pass “because he’s one of us”?
100% correct that was what I was referring to.
As doc noted if Chinese would be out by now ( a sad reflection of Cambodian law) well perhaps this drunk hasn't got deep pockets so he will have to face the music and so he should, he'll get no sympathy from me.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

This guy has been around for ages and running a bar. So he will know his way out...the same way the chinese do. It sucks.
work is for people who cant find truffles
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

atst wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:32 pm
FTFY
atst can correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe his point was “if he’d been Chinese he’d have been hung, drawn and quartered” (figuratively speaking) by CEO posters.
The lack of condemnation of a DUI killer on this forum is disconcerting, does he get a pass “because he’s one of us”?
As doc noted if Chinese would be out by now ( a sad reflection of Cambodian law) well perhaps this drunk hasn't got deep pockets so he will have to face the music and so he should, he'll get no sympathy from me.
I got told by some1 that knows him that he paid up 3k immediatly but more was needed and i believe he didnt have more
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

We all know the consequences of drink driving anywhere not only in Cambodia, but here there is probably less chance if any of being breathalysed by the police for such, that is until after the accident has happened. But drink driving is a crime here in itself. Don't do it because it could turn out like this unfortunately, or what of the Chinese way recently of altercations'

Chinese national shot dead in Sihanoukville car slaying

minor traffic accident resulted in a fight during which one of the drivers pulled a gun and shot the victim five times.

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/501024425/ ... -accident/
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Singapore Slinger
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by Singapore Slinger »

jaynewcastle wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:06 pm
Cooldude wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:35 am Molly Malone's has been closed maybe a little over a year. Used to have one of the best English breakfasts in Cambodia. Paul was always very cordial towards me when I was there. This is terrible news for everyone involved.
Especially the poor unfortunate people he has apparently killed of course :(
Yes I think we can all agree that he was less cordial with them?
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

The sad reality is there aren't many countries you've spent any length of time where there hasn't been someone you know who has died or been in a bad accident through alcohol affected driving. I think Tony Jones (Charlie Harpers) was the last in Cambodia for me, Dutch Peter in Indonesia, Psycho Tom in Nepal....they being just a few of an ever-increasing list.

I remember coming around a bend in Sanur, Bali, a few years ago in the wet when turning right I nearly got cleaned up - it gave me a bit of the shakes. Fuck that - no more.
Last edited by Kung-fu Hillbilly on Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

AndyKK wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:50 pm We all know the consequences of drink driving anywhere not only in Cambodia, but here there is probably less chance if any of being breathalysed by the police for such, that is until after the accident has happened. But drink driving is a crime here in itself. Don't do it because it could turn out like this unfortunately, or what of the Chinese way recently of altercations'

Chinese national shot dead in Sihanoukville car slaying

minor traffic accident resulted in a fight during which one of the drivers pulled a gun and shot the victim five times.

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/501024425/ ... -accident/
It seems likely that there is more to the incident than a mere accident.
newsworthy/another-shooting-sihanoukville-t48577.html
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

atst wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:32 pm
FTFY
8-) :?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Singapore Slinger
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by Singapore Slinger »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:16 pm The sad reality is there aren't many countries you've spent any length of time where there hasn't been someone you know who has died or been in a bad accident through alcohol affected driving. I think Tony Jones (Charlie Harpers) was the last in Cambodia for me, Dutch Peter in Indonesia, Psycho Tom in Nepal....they being just a few of an ever-increasing list.

I remember coming around a bend in Sanur, Bali, a few years ago in the wet when turning right I nearly got cleaned up - it gave me a bit of the shakes. Fuck that - no more.
It was probably always on the cards for Psycho Tom in Nepal though?

I remember in the eighties in Goa steaming up Badam Hill to watch the sunrise on my Rajdoot after a full moon party,at Jungle Palace I think a clearing in the jungle so we were all high on free acid punch!
I got to the corner and the picture of it in my mind's eye looked nothing like the reality,of huge rocks right in front of me so I bailed off and the bike carried on solo!
It ended up wedged so hard between the big rocks it stood up on its own and me and my mate looked all over it to try to find the damage for what seemed like forever?
Eventually he started laughing his head off and pointing at the front wheel which had a massive v-shaped dent in it,so we headed off to Mapusa market to get it bodged and welded for ten ruups as you do?
I just remember gingerley riding into the capital with the bike rising and falling beneath me with the damage, squeaking along with the little kids coming out of their houses at the side of the road to point at us and shout "Hippeee" as loud as possible!
Needless to say the Rajdoot owner instantly spotted the humongous bodge job and went nuts about it, until it was agreed that a new wheel would be bought and paid for by me and it was all good!
:plus1:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic