what docs are needed

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: what docs are needed

Post by AndyKK »

^If not, it looks like that only tourists will be coming.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
MisterFrenchyBoy
Tourist
Russia

Post by MisterFrenchyBoy »

Hello,
been planning to come to Camboadia this year but since they updated the T to EB visa what are the possibilities to stay there for longer than 30+30 days ?
sanpol
Expatriate
Australia

Post by sanpol »

MisterFrenchyBoy wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:50 pm Hello,
been planning to come to Camboadia this year but since they updated the T to EB visa what are the possibilities to stay there for longer than 30+30 days ?
getting ordinary E-visa through cambodian embassy which then can be extended for 1,3,6,12 mnths
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

sanpol wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:16 am
getting ordinary E-visa through cambodian embassy which then can be extended for 1,3,6,12 mnths
Which Cambodian Embassies are issuing those? Cannot get one here from the Cambodian Embassy in the US. Want one to extend to ER.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Kenr wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:03 am
sanpol wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:16 am
Which Cambodian Embassies are issuing those? Cannot get one here from the Cambodian Embassy in the US. Want one to extend to ER.
All Cambodian embassies are issuing them BUT
Currently only way to get an E visa ( ordinary visa) at an embassy, is having a job or a letter stating your about to be employed
and sometimes if ur lucky showing documentation ur married/have kids etc etc
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
sammycooke
Expatriate
Canada

Post by sammycooke »

Doc67 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:35 am
sammycooke wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:14 pm I wouldn't even try to go to Cambodia with all that confusion only to end up in a quarantine camp.
Have you still got nothing better to do? You really are tragic...

post534695.html#p534695
Is there anybody who wants to discuss this rationally without crying for my ban?

Yes I am tragic. Lol.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Be patient monsieur.

You have missed a window of opportunity with the T-Visa to EB visa conversion, but they will come up with something else soon. I suspect Visa on Arrival will be brought back soon or, ideally, and Ordinary Visa (EB) option will appear on the E-Visa website.

I'm sure the embassies are bored of all this extra work and they want long term visitors to return, so a more permanent and simplified option will appear soon.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Doc67 wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:08 am
Be patient monsieur.

You have missed a window of opportunity with the T-Visa to EB visa conversion, but they will come up with something else soon. I suspect Visa on Arrival will be brought back soon or, ideally, and Ordinary Visa (EB) option will appear on the E-Visa website.

I'm sure the embassies are bored of all this extra work and they want long term visitors to return, so a more permanent and simplified option will appear soon.
The ordinary (E) business visa option is already available, and has been for awhile, on the Cambodian Embassy website in the US. But you need a letter from a company in Cambodia.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Kenr wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:15 am
Be patient monsieur.

The ordinary (E) business visa option is already available, and has been for awhile, on the Cambodian Embassy website in the US. But you need a letter from a company in Cambodia.
I am talking about this website, not individual embassy websites (many of which either don't work or get completely ignored). Currently only Taiwanese nationals can apply for a E type visa from the online visa website. If they just included other countries it would make life so much easier for those wishing to travel and stay for an extended period.

They used to dole them out at the airport to anyone who wanted one, they were not fussy where you came from. It can't be such a leap just to extend the list of countries on the website, they could also be a bit more picky, blocking countries they aren't to keen.

https://www.evisa.gov.kh/
MisterFrenchyBoy
Tourist
Russia

Post by MisterFrenchyBoy »

Be patient monsieur.

thanks for the reply sire!

Since they just announced they will have VOA i should ask for the E visa right ? i dont want to fuck it up and have to do a visa run with 2 kids and 1 (only one :D ) wife!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic