The entrance to our village

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Re: The entrance to our village

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

I wonder if the architect of your entrance is a cake decorator on the side.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

SINUS wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:41 pm
AndyKK wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:28 am How the other half live. Many of them over excessively with no thoughts of any of the poor people of there country.
housing in our village is cheaper than most offers in the city center. :)
e.g. I pay $300 per month for a three-story section.
I don't doubt that Sinus, and I would also think that is exceptional due to the upmarket housing there. You must agree that house price's on the Borey are out of the reach of many, such has one bedrooms at $120,000, and the extravagant with any first number followed by ,000,000
Then to be gated to protect what they have, because they know others have not. But nevertheless, it is the overseas countries who can donate towards there extravagant lifestyles.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

Saw a Rolls Royce Black Badge which are really rare parked up there. Guy who smelt great and looked the part cam out some boutique shop. Driver waiting, who was also dressed well, complete with police radio, and they swept away.
I swear when it dropped down the curb the body didn’t even move.
People of the world, spice up your life.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

AndyKK wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:03 pm
SINUS wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:41 pm
AndyKK wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:28 am How the other half live. Many of them over excessively with no thoughts of any of the poor people of there country.
housing in our village is cheaper than most offers in the city center. :)
e.g. I pay $300 per month for a three-story section.
I don't doubt that Sinus, and I would also think that is exceptional due to the upmarket housing there. You must agree that house price's on the Borey are out of the reach of many, such has one bedrooms at $120,000, and the extravagant with any first number followed by ,000,000
Then to be gated to protect what they have, because they know others have not. But nevertheless, it is the overseas countries who can donate towards there extravagant lifestyles.
I think you’re exaggerating a little, especially when you’ve not even been there, otherwise you wouldn’t be saying those things.
It’s not gated per se. There’s security but they don’t open and raise the barrier. If they did they’d be gridlock.
It’s a multi type of housing area with some condos there around 60k a few years back. Not much more now.

There’s rich and poor in all countries. Some the devide is huge others not so much.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

That's sort of presumptuous. How do you know how much these people do for others? I found gated communities like Northbridge and then Boreys quite strange when I first encountered them just because they were so different than the rest of the country. However some are an appealing alternative to the ad-hoc building in most of the older city. They are clean and have green spaces and you don't have to enter them from some grim alley. 8-)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

I actually have lived outside of the borey for 3 years. Also, I do know people who live there.

https://www.knightfrank.com.kh/resident ... phnom-penh
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

AndyKK wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:02 pm I actually have lived outside of the borey for 3 years. Also, I do know people who live there.

So you’ve never actually been inside to look. Just basing your assumptions on baseless thoughts?

I’m amazed you allow yourself to associate with the other half.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

mannanman wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:26 pm
AndyKK wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:02 pm I actually have lived outside of the borey for 3 years. Also, I do know people who live there.

So you’ve never actually been inside to look. Just basing your assumptions on baseless thoughts?

I have been inside on many occasions, and like I said know of people who live there. Also have been involved with some who actually do good for their country, abate they are funded by overseas money,
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

AndyKK wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:37 pm

I have been inside on many occasions, and like I said know of people who live there. Also have been involved with some who actually do good for their country, abate they are funded by overseas money,
Not sure what your issue is then.
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

AndyKK wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:37 pm

OK , Name one, and how many stars on his shoulder.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic