Credit where it is due

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Credit where it is due

Post by vladimir »

For the first time in over 10 years, this summer passed (almost) with not a single long power outage in my area.

In the whole month of April, we had one 1-hour outage, and two 15-minute outages.

Thank you, HE! :bow:
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
6EQUJ5
Expatriate

Re: Credit where it is due

Post by 6EQUJ5 »

vladimir wrote:this summer passed (almost) with not a single long power outage in my area.
Wish I could say the same. Here in my sleepy Sihanoukville neighborhood, we've had numerous outages, some lasting for nearly a full 24 hour period. But maybe I shouldn't complain - at least I don't live in Siem Reap! I heard their previous outage lasted for something like four days. :shock:
LTO
Expatriate

Post by LTO »

vladimir wrote:For the first time in over 10 years, this summer passed (almost) with not a single long power outage in my area.

In the whole month of April, we had one 1-hour outage, and two 15-minute outages.

Same in my part of town. I wonder where it is coming from. Vietnam?
LTO Cambodia Blog

"Kafka is 'outdone' in our country, the new fatherland of Angkor" - Norodom Sihanouk
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

I noticed there has been very few this year as well.

Both at home and work which is opposite sides of Phnom Penh.
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

6EQUJ5 wrote:
vladimir wrote:this summer passed (almost) with not a single long power outage in my area.
Wish I could say the same. Here in my sleepy Sihanoukville neighborhood, we've had numerous outages, some lasting for nearly a full 24 hour period. But maybe I shouldn't complain - at least I don't live in Siem Reap! I heard their previous outage lasted for something like four days. :shock:
AKAY? WHAT? This has been far and away the best year EVER in Sihanoukville. The odd 10 minute outage now and then. OK, If you live near Blind Begger, we had the 1 outage that lasted 36 hrs, but that was our 1 block only and was caused by a transformer blowing up.Shit happens. No offence mate, but you obviously have NO idea what it has been like in the past.
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

LTO wrote:
vladimir wrote:For the first time in over 10 years, this summer passed (almost) with not a single long power outage in my area.

Same in my part of town. I wonder where it is coming from. Vietnam?
C'mon LTO, you know better. I'll take a stab in the dark and suggest its the new power station that opened about 10 months ago in Prey Sihanouk province. Whatdyareckonmate?
LTO
Expatriate

Post by LTO »

Is the Stung Hau plant in full operation and distributing to Phnom Penh? Last year the government was blaming PP power shortages on Vietnam only sending 170MW of the promised 200MW that they agreed to sell Cambodia. And I believe that last week's blackout in Siem Reap was due to the the high tension lines from Thailand being damaged. It would be good to hear that Cambodia doesn't need to buy power from its neighbors and was producing enough on it own.
LTO Cambodia Blog

"Kafka is 'outdone' in our country, the new fatherland of Angkor" - Norodom Sihanouk
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

I hope that someone has finally understood that energy is critical to development.

Perhaps one day they will understand about education, health care and infrastructure, but don't hold your breath.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel »

Boeng TomPun was great. Just talking about the lack of power cuts.
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
TheGrinchSR
Expatriate

Post by TheGrinchSR »

I live in Siem Reap. Had about 2 minutes of power cuts this year... maybe that's because the building I live in has a generator? It's amazing how little power cuts bother you when you take precautions to get rid of them. Now, if they could just deal with the endless insane surges (low/high) that are turning my electricity bills into record breakers... I'd be happy.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic