What's the most important lesson Cambodia taught you?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
sammycooke
Expatriate
Canada

Re: What's the most important lesson Cambodia taught you?

Post by sammycooke »

Username Taken wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:16 pm Maybe Sammy has some kind of mental illness.
Most people that visit a shit hole, would be on the next bus/flight outta there.
But Sammy had to visit two times to finally decide it's a shit hole and to never go back.

Sammy, most forum members actually like Cambodia. Some even call it home.
If Cambodia is as bad as you say it is, then you should take a couple of weeks off to decide why you even bother posting on a Cambodia-centric forum.

Interesting that you list your interests as "Interests: CAMBODIA!!!" :facepalm:

Is there anybody willing to have a reasonable discussion without crying for me to be banned for my opinions.

I've been a member of this forum since one month of its inception and truly thought that open honest discussion was what this forum stood for.

Prove me wrong.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

sammycooke wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:18 am
Username Taken wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:16 pm Maybe Sammy has some kind of mental illness.
Most people that visit a shit hole, would be on the next bus/flight outta there.
But Sammy had to visit two times to finally decide it's a shit hole and to never go back.

Sammy, most forum members actually like Cambodia. Some even call it home.
If Cambodia is as bad as you say it is, then you should take a couple of weeks off to decide why you even bother posting on a Cambodia-centric forum.

Interesting that you list your interests as "Interests: CAMBODIA!!!" :facepalm:

Is there anybody willing to have a reasonable discussion without crying for me to be banned for my opinions.

I've been a member of this forum since one month of its inception and truly thought that open honest discussion was what this forum stood for.

Prove me wrong.
You should have participated more between 2014-2016 when it was free of so much heavy moderation an life was good.
we even had a down button LOL
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
sammycooke
Expatriate
Canada

Post by sammycooke »

Alex wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:07 pm
sammycooke wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:45 pm That Cambodia is a shit hole and to never go back. There are much better places to go to.

Only realized that a few years after going there twice and then travelling elsewhere.
Strange that you're still an active member of a Cambodia forum in that case!
Strange? Why? Can't disagree with people who love the place? I've had a 60 year deep deep fascination with Cambodia that I'm sorry is so beyond trash talk
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

Negotiating 101
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Albror
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by Albror »

Always check so there is water pressure to the bumgun before you start to squeeze.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Albror wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:13 pm Always check how many water pressure the bumgun has before you start to squeeze aiming for ur crown jewels.
FTFY
orichá
Expatriate
Canada

Post by orichá »

Absolutely fuck-all... nothing I didn't already know...
~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~
“There are terrible difficulties in the notion of probability, but we may ignore them at present.” - Bertrand Russell
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic