What's the most important lesson Cambodia taught you?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Re: What's the most important lesson Cambodia taught you?

Post by willyhilly »

I met some truly wonderful educated Khmers when I worked for a year before I left. After years of doing nothing. I should have been working all along. And it was the best job I ever had in my life and gave me great self worth.
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Grand Barong »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:51 pm As bad as Thailand ever was, i learned there is always somewhere worse>>

TROLL ALERT....
siliconlife
Expatriate
Palau Island

Post by siliconlife »

Singapore Slinger wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:22 pm
Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:44 am
Singapore Slinger wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:00 am
Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:39 am
Singapore Slinger wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:05 pm

I don't think I ever had a self-loathing day in South-East Asia? :beer3:
I learnt to put myself in others position first. It's not all about me.
I don't think that you are understanding the term self-loathing in that case are you?
Is that how you talk to people. Like they're 12? It's your self-centred self that lacks faculty.

If someone opens, saying they have bad days, it is bad skills to reply, "I never have bad days."

It's not all about you.
Oh the irony you seek to berate me telling me it's not all about me then accuse me of talking to you like a 12-year old child?
I think a long,hard look in the mirror is required tbh,I can say I have honestly never had a bad day in South-East Asia whenever and wherever I like I certainly do not require your permission for that.
Please don't waste my time responding aggressively any more as I have no interest in your provocatory remarks at all.
You have no interest whilst taking the time to make an emotional post... right...
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Grand Barong wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:33 am
phuketrichard wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:51 pm As bad as Thailand ever was, i learned there is always somewhere worse>>

TROLL ALERT....
You can borrow this, I have a spare one.

Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

ofparadise wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:40 am ☑ - 4 times table
Haha, obscure, but also true!
:D
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Grand Barong »

Doc67 wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:51 am

TROLL ALERT....

It doesn't seem effective on Sycophants... so no use this time
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

Doc67 wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:51 am

TROLL ALERT....

Why about lending him the spare one? That way your immediate situation is unchanged, and he will be on call if you need the spare. Remember, that you are offering it for use, so stipulate clear conditions and terms, or prepare for the worst. I just feel some things need to be considered, to ensure a smooth transaction with no retractions.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

TROLL ALERT....
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for throwing accusations around - I send PMs to the Moderators (had a lower case "M" before editing) claiming you are all Trolls, on a weekly basis - but if he's a Troll, he's been in the closet a while, and actually confronts Trolls which, as I have documented to the Mods (we're pretty close), could be a territorial thing. But not in this case.

Thanks for the alert. Keep up the vigil. We want clean on our patch!
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

That I am handsome and a sexy man. I have been told on many occasions, confirming the facts, and in some cases, my newly-realised beauty, has caught members of the opposite sex off-guard, to the point where they have literally announced my fortunate aesthetic qualities, from across the road, for all to hear.

I must admit, at first, I was uncomfortable with the praise - everyone that has known me has never told me, although, I had a feeling I was in the top 10 of my rugby team (not 7s! Jealous much?) - but now, I make an effort to approach the fans (usually with a laboured slow jog with exaggerated hip swings, I have been practising), and thank them personally, and explain that I would only break their heart, unintensionally, because virtually all the girls treat me like a piece of meat, which hurts, other guys are obviously envious.

The latter doesn't worry me, now that I have fitted wall-to-ceiling mirrors in my apartment.
tears_in_rain
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by tears_in_rain »

To stay away from most ex-pats in Cambodia. A stranger collection of liars and losers, one will never see...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic