What's the most important lesson Cambodia taught you?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Singapore Slinger
Expatriate
Singapore

Re: What's the most important lesson Cambodia taught you?

Post by Singapore Slinger »

Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:44 am
Singapore Slinger wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:00 am
Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:39 am
Singapore Slinger wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:05 pm
Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:55 pm 1. On those self-loathing days, there's always another westerner to make you feel better about your own shitty expat existence.

2. Too often kindness is misconstrued as weakness.
I don't think I ever had a self-loathing day in South-East Asia? :beer3:
I learnt to put myself in others position first. It's not all about me.
I don't think that you are understanding the term self-loathing in that case are you?
Is that how you talk to people. Like they're 12? It's your self-centred self that lacks faculty.

If someone opens, saying they have bad days, it is bad skills to reply, "I never have bad days."

It's not all about you.
Oh the irony you seek to berate me telling me it's not all about me then accuse me of talking to you like a 12-year old child?
I think a long,hard look in the mirror is required tbh,I can say I have honestly never had a bad day in South-East Asia whenever and wherever I like I certainly do not require your permission for that.
Please don't waste my time responding aggressively any more as I have no interest in your provocatory remarks at all.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Singapore Slinger wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:22 pm
Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:44 am
Singapore Slinger wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:00 am
Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:39 am
Singapore Slinger wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:05 pm

I don't think I ever had a self-loathing day in South-East Asia? :beer3:
I learnt to put myself in others position first. It's not all about me.
I don't think that you are understanding the term self-loathing in that case are you?
Is that how you talk to people. Like they're 12? It's your self-centred self that lacks faculty.

If someone opens, saying they have bad days, it is bad skills to reply, "I never have bad days."

It's not all about you.
Oh the irony you seek to berate me telling me it's not all about me then accuse me of talking to you like a 12-year old child?
I think a long,hard look in the mirror is required tbh,I can say I have honestly never had a bad day in South-East Asia whenever and wherever I like I certainly do not require your permission for that.
Please don't waste my time responding aggressively any more as I have no interest in your provocatory remarks at all.
NEVER?? :please:
somehow i just cant see that.
rose color glasses ??
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
sammycooke
Expatriate
Canada

Post by sammycooke »

That Cambodia is a shit hole and to never go back. There are much better places to go to.

Only realized that a few years after going there twice and then travelling elsewhere.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

sammycooke wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:45 pm That Cambodia is a shit hole and to never go back. There are much better places to go to.

Only realized that a few years after going there twice and then travelling elsewhere.
Strange that you're still an active member of a Cambodia forum in that case!
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Alex wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:07 pm
sammycooke wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:45 pm That Cambodia is a shit hole and to never go back. There are much better places to go to.

Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

Im guessing the 2nd time they remembered you from the first time. Got called on it, snuck out with tail between your legs. Can't come back.

Close?
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Grand Barong »

Alex wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:07 pm

Even stranger that a mod hasn't banned him for trolling?
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Maybe Sammy has some kind of mental illness.
Most people that visit a shit hole, would be on the next bus/flight outta there.
But Sammy had to visit two times to finally decide it's a shit hole and to never go back.

Sammy, most forum members actually like Cambodia. Some even call it home.
If Cambodia is as bad as you say it is, then you should take a couple of weeks off to decide why you even bother posting on a Cambodia-centric forum.

Interesting that you list your interests as "Interests: CAMBODIA!!!" :facepalm:
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

I have no problem with folks that come to Cambodia, dont like it and never come back. I understand even those who needed 2 trips to find out that Cambodia is a shithole. I have more problems with those that keep coming back and complaining all day.
work is for people who cant find truffles
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

It must be a pretty miserable existence to feel there's no other option in life than to perpetually engage with things you don't like.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic