watch out for those Thai ladies

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

watch out for those Thai ladies

Post by phuketrichard »

guy was an asshole and got schooled.
The man, who has not been identified, ran into trouble on Monday night when he poured beer over a woman after she refused to clink glasses with him at a food outlet in Bangkok's Huai Khwang area.

In response, the woman, Pareploy Saeaia, 24, repeatedly punched and kicked him on the roadside pavement. The man did not fight back.
She said that she decided to post as she wanted to warn other women. She said that the man had wanted to "clink glasses" with her but she refused his approach.
Then five minutes later he tipped the contents of a drink over her head prompting the scenes outside the "Khao Tom" restaurant.
"I'm a Thai boxer," she claimed. "And you picked on the wrong person, mate".
Actually she didn't say mate, notes ASEAN NOW. Water monitor might be closer to the mark spelt XXX in the Daily News article.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2261407

got some skills
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
violet
Expatriate

Re: watch out for those Thai ladies

Post by violet »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:03 pm guy was an asshole and got schooled.
The man, who has not been identified, ran into trouble on Monday night when he poured beer over a woman after she refused to clink glasses with him at a food outlet in Bangkok's Huai Khwang area.

In response, the woman, Pareploy Saeaia, 24, repeatedly punched and kicked him on the roadside pavement. The man did not fight back.
She said that she decided to post as she wanted to warn other women. She said that the man had wanted to "clink glasses" with her but she refused his approach.
Then five minutes later he tipped the contents of a drink over her head prompting the scenes outside the "Khao Tom" restaurant.
Actually she didn't say mate, notes ASEAN NOW. Water monitor might be closer to the mark spelt XXX in the Daily News article.

got some skills
What’s so offensive about clinking glasses?
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

violet wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:30 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:03 pm guy was an asshole and got schooled.

got some skills
Why should a woman, or anyone else for that matter, have to clink glasses with anyone? He was probably trying some really corny come-on on her.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I don't see her doing much to bother him.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

hanno wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:16 pm
Why should a woman, or anyone else for that matter, have to clink glasses with anyone? He was probably trying some really corny come-on on her.
Indeed.
It’s almost certainly more than clinking glasses, given that there’s a beer drenching involved. He was probably (supposition; I wasn’t there) an insufferable ass, loud or drunk, or a combination. We’ve probably all met them. It sounds like she refused, and his ego got hurt.
news article wrote: The man said he was drunk and had not intended to scorn the woman. He declared he would definitely give up alcohol. If he lost his job as a result, he would return to his home province.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Freightdog wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:20 pm
hanno wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:16 pm
Indeed.
It’s almost certainly more than clinking glasses, given that there’s a beer drenching involved. He was probably (supposition; I wasn’t there) an insufferable ass, loud or drunk, or a combination. We’ve probably all met them. It sounds like she refused, and his ego got hurt.
news article wrote: The man said he was drunk and had not intended to scorn the woman. He declared he would definitely give up alcohol. If he lost his job as a result, he would return to his home province.
Her story:
.....Pareploy Saeaia, 24, posted the video on her Facebook page and wrote that she was having dinner at a food outlet in Huai Kwang district, Bangkok, on Monday night. The man then approached her, asking her to clink glasses with him but she refused.
why should she click glasses with him? < he is lucky he didn't get the shit kicked out of him more.

he did lose his job... got off easy....
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Uncle-V
Expatriate
Croatia

Post by Uncle-V »

The quality of the farang coming to LOS has really gone downhill over the years. Too many losers like this guy. They give all farang a bad name and less welcome (especially among the ladies). I definitely feel like the country is less friendly to foreigners (especially white Westerners) than it was just 10 years ago when I started coming to LOS more on regular basis.

Oops, I see now the guy was Thai. I still stand by my analysis though.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Uncle-V wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:17 pm I definitely feel like the country is less friendly to foreigners (especially white Westerners) than it was just 10 years ago when I started coming to LOS more on regular basis.
That's just because you were a good-looking young hunk then and now you're a decrepit old man. Like me. :?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Ryan754326
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Ryan754326 »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:35 pm
That's just because you were a good-looking young hunk then and now you're a decrepit old man. Like me. :?
I’ve pointed this out to a few older guys (and wasn’t very well received when I did).

If the girls seemed friendlier 30 years ago, it probably has as much to do with the fact that you were 30 then, as opposed to 60 now, as it does with changing attitudes towards foreigners.
Singapore Slinger
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by Singapore Slinger »

A great story but my alarm bells are going off like crazy here,the size and ferocity of "her" I'm betting her ID card tells a different story,as in "she" wouldn't be allowed conscription into the Thai Army?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic