Odd - Watching City of Ghosts and guess who

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Odd - Watching City of Ghosts and guess who

Post by canucklhead »

kgbagent wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:29 pm As Dillon checks into the BelleVille the doorman is very familiar

fooking google photos search is totally useless - the guy used to hang on riverside in the same uniform albeit much oversized now.

He directs people across the road but dead certain the same guy
Mr. Lee
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

Clutch Cargo wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:43 am He used to hang around a Malay restaurant on st130 coz they gave him free food or the customers would give him their leftovers or even some riel. Not the full quid but harmless guy albeit a bit unnerving when he used to stand around at the front eyeing off whether you were gonna finish your plate or not. Then the restaurant's lease was up and they moved to another sangkat. Never saw him again since.. That was about 2 yrs ago.
He is muslim
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

Lost50 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:28 pm I knew the cyclo driver from that movie, Sok was his name, was a moto dup who often hung around Happy Pizza (or something) on Riverside.

One day he was there with his crappy moto plying for customers & was approached to audition. Long story short, he got the part.

Had some interesting tales like how he had to be trained to ride a cyclo, how he went to America for the premier, hanging out with MD etc etc, real nice guy.

He got $15k for his role, paid for his house & bought a car so he could have work as a driver. Always kept his crappy moto that was falling to bits saying it was lucky & he'd never get rid of it.

I must have pics from years ago when I'd hire him for the day & he'd drive us to wherever in his Toyota.
His name is Sreyvuth Kem. His name was Sok in the movie. Was spotted by Dillon in the Capitol guest house area near Orussey mkt. Thats the story he told me.
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

Can anybody name all the dead expats in the movie??
hairdo
BANNED
Guam

Post by hairdo »

Yes, he always wore his uniform jacket in my early years by the river. As he was well known, he received a lot of attention from tourists and received many alms when they realized he was not wealthy.
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Cooldude »

One of them is Snowy. He wanted to send the girl he met in a fishbowl to beauty school in Battambang.
Shonen
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by Shonen »

The big Belgian guy who had La Patat, just up from riverside is in the background of one of the bar scenes. He isn't as big as how I remember him.
wolfcreek
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by wolfcreek »

We all referred to him as "The Captain" back in the day...... He strolled up and down the Riverside most days and nights. Later on, Hurley opened a bar/restaurant there and allowed him to hang out in front doing his thing.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

canucklhead wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:10 am
Lost50 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:28 pm I knew the cyclo driver from that movie, Sok was his name, was a moto dup who often hung around Happy Pizza (or something) on Riverside.

One day he was there with his crappy moto plying for customers & was approached to audition. Long story short, he got the part.

Had some interesting tales like how he had to be trained to ride a cyclo, how he went to America for the premier, hanging out with MD etc etc, real nice guy.

He got $15k for his role, paid for his house & bought a car so he could have work as a driver. Always kept his crappy moto that was falling to bits saying it was lucky & he'd never get rid of it.

I must have pics from years ago when I'd hire him for the day & he'd drive us to wherever in his Toyota.
His name is Sreyvuth Kem. His name was Sok in the movie. Was spotted by Dillon in the Capitol guest house area near Orussey mkt. Thats the story he told me.
Lol. That’s about it.

I like invented stories with some truth and some movie fiction.
People of the world, spice up your life.
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

He was always around with his fucking whistle. Maybe someone got tired of him blowing it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic