Margarine did I miss something?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Ozinasia
Expatriate
Australia

Margarine did I miss something?

Post by Ozinasia »

I use Margarine for quite a bit of cooking, its not been available anywhere for months none in Bayon, Lucky, Aeon not even super duper has it been banned in KOW for some reason I missed ? Not trying to start a butter vs Margarine thread here I know all the pros and cons but seems weird no supermarkets carry it any more.
ego bibere nimis
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Margarine did I miss something?

Post by ego bibere nimis »

Ozinasia wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:49 am I use Margarine for quite a bit of cooking, its not been available anywhere for months none in Bayon, Lucky, Aeon not even super duper has it been banned in KOW for some reason I missed ? Not trying to start a butter vs Margarine thread here I know all the pros and cons but seems weird no supermarkets carry it any more.
I hear you. On SuperDuper, I think they just have a stock issue. Seems like many products they normally carry simply have run out. Most likely waiting for a new container load of stuff.
You know that tingly little feeling you get when you really like someone? That's common sense leaving your body.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Same happened with root beer. I haven’t seen it in any mart in a while now, but before, AW, Mug and even the Schweppes variety were easily available.

I think it’s all some social experiment by some unseen being (or back office flunky in some ministry of commerce dusty office) to gauge the reactions of expats, as the Loy giveth, and the Loy taketh away.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

I can’t believe it’s not stocked.
People of the world, spice up your life.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

I think the expat population has declined significantly.
Ozinasia
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ozinasia »

you can find Aussie Bundaberg sarsaparilla we call it in Oz same as root beer in Bayon Chrouy Changvar now also generally in Thai Huot being an Aussie for me Bundaburg is the best of the lot give it a try
Ozinasia
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ozinasia »

mannanman wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:13 pm I can’t believe it’s not stocked.

Not to be found anywhere in any shape or form .. well I did take a chance on a tub of Japanese stuff I found in Aeon 1 called Top value the rest is in Japanese although not really an alternative to the Flora or meadow Lea that was around it is some form of margarine I think at least. Did the job . Have not been able to get back there and they only had like half a dozen so not going all that way to get a tub . margarine freezes fine so when I can get some I'll get several and free them wasn't expecting a total black out on it.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

ego bibere nimis wrote:
Ozinasia wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:49 am I use Margarine for quite a bit of cooking, its not been available anywhere for months none in Bayon, Lucky, Aeon not even super duper has it been banned in KOW for some reason I missed ? Not trying to start a butter vs Margarine thread here I know all the pros and cons but seems weird no supermarkets carry it any more.
I hear you. On SuperDuper, I think they just have a stock issue. Seems like many products they normally carry simply have run out. Most likely waiting for a new container load of stuff.
I've noticed this as well. Stocking has always been a problem with supermarkets here, but lately seems like SD has been hit hard.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Ozinasia
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ozinasia »

There must one major warehouse importer somewhere that only wholesales to all these stores hence when you see a new product in the likes of Lucky you'll see it pop up in others,when one runs out they all run out . Would seem whoever it is they have the game wrapped up.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

There must one major warehouse importer somewhere that only wholesales to all these stores hence when you see a new product in the likes of Lucky you'll see it pop up in others,when one runs out they all run out . Would seem whoever it is they have the game wrapped up.
It is called LSH
http://www.lshcambodia.com/
Wholesaler. You may be able to buy from them, but they are not interested in retail, and you need to get their pricelist.
No e-commerce
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic