GOLF?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
AlexJonesCrab
Expatriate
Australia

GOLF?

Post by AlexJonesCrab »

Hi guys, any expat golf nuts here?
I dont know if its worth lumping my clubs over there to play by myself for like $100 US a round.....
Are there any members or regulars here who want to hook up and can perhaps get me on courses a bit cheaper?
Plan of attack is 3 -4 rounds in PP over a week 1/3 - 8/3
And then Siem Reap same deal around 18/3 onwards.
I looked at package deals through a hotel report :BangHead: and it wasnt much better than just playing golf itself....
Eeyan
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: GOLF?

Post by Eeyan »

Hi Alex,
As per the other thread, I'll be in PP with clubs during that time, so I'll add to the thread.

Obviously can't help with getting you on cheaper (yeah anyone who can help is great πŸ™‚) but Garden City does a 5 green fee package for $251 (+ $15 caddy each round) so even if you only played 4 times that knocks the price down a bit.
AlexJonesCrab
Expatriate
Australia

Post by AlexJonesCrab »

Eeyan wrote: ↑Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:31 pm Hi Alex,
As per the other thread, I'll be in PP with clubs during that time, so I'll add to the thread.

Obviously can't help with getting you on cheaper (yeah anyone who can help is great πŸ™‚) but Garden City does a 5 green fee package for $251 (+ $15 caddy each round) so even if you only played 4 times that knocks the price down a bit.
Whats that course like....thanks for the tip
AlexJonesCrab
Expatriate
Australia

Post by AlexJonesCrab »

Looks closed on the web.... Do you have their website. I can't find it. The pics look good though...
Eeyan
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Eeyan »

Looks typical high-end Asian stuff tbh.

https://www.imgprestige.com/garden-city-golf-club

http://www.golfcambodia.com/golf-course ... golf-club/

For some reason the club's own website looks down these past few days so can't link directly to it. The top link is to the ownership group, IMG, the 2nd link is a tour operator just for info. The normal weekday gf is $80 + 15 caddy but on the club website they had the offer of 251 as I quoted earlier til the end of March I think.

There's also the driving range and par 3 course close to the centre, City Golf which looks like fun.

Plus the old Cambodia Golf and Country Club nearby for $38 including caddy weekdays. The latter looks old style and a bit rough and ready but I'll be taking a visit.
Eeyan
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Eeyan »

AlexJonesCrab wrote: ↑Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:07 pm

Looks closed on the web.... Do you have their website. I can't find it. The pics look good though...
We posted at the same time, "ready posting" πŸ˜….

https://www.facebook.com/gardencityclub/

I think it's a website issue rather than the club closed, plenty of recent stuff on their Facebook page. 🀞
AlexJonesCrab
Expatriate
Australia

Post by AlexJonesCrab »

Eeyan wrote: ↑Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:22 pm
AlexJonesCrab wrote: ↑Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:07 pm

We posted at the same time, "ready posting" πŸ˜….

https://www.facebook.com/gardencityclub/

I think it's a website issue rather than the club closed, plenty of recent stuff on their Facebook page. 🀞
Awesome man.....too bad we cant hook up.....when do you exit CAMBO?
Eeyan
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Eeyan »

11th March.
AlexJonesCrab
Expatriate
Australia

Post by AlexJonesCrab »

Eeyan wrote: ↑Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:36 pm11th March.
Well, Ill be in PP from 1/3.....ive got four weeks and plan on siem reap, PP, sianoukville and Kampot, no set dates.....you bring your own clubs?
Ive heard of blokes that dont bring a suitcase...they stuff a few toiletries and clothes in the golf bag....thats it!!
Eeyan
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Eeyan »

AlexJonesCrab wrote: ↑Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:51 pm
Eeyan wrote: ↑Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:36 pm11th March.
Well, Ill be in PP from 1/3.....ive got four weeks and plan on siem reap, PP, sianoukville and Kampot, no set dates.....you bring your own clubs?
Ive heard of blokes that dont bring a suitcase...they stuff a few toiletries and clothes in the golf bag....thats it!!
Yeah I always use the golf flight bag as my suitcase, most airlines allow this as part of your luggage allowance.

Fully loaded with clubs, shoes, balls etc it works out under 20kg, chuck in toiletries and clothes etc it works well, eg Singapore Airlines allowance is 25kg. Then you have your hand luggage, I just use a small holdall and that doubles up for taking a change of clothes if you're having a shower 🚿 after a hot game of golf.

I need to have sensible days in between the debauchery of the evenings πŸ˜…
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic