Renew UK passport asap

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
SamChurSalomon
Tourist

Renew UK passport asap

Post by SamChurSalomon »

Hi guys and girls... What's the quickest and simplest way to renew your UK passport. If
Looking on the new. Gov website it seems I have to send it by courier.... Nah. Any other knowledge on this matter would be greatly appreciated.
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Re: Renew UK passport asap

Post by Darkcel »

Other than flying it back yourself or using a mule

It's the courier route for you, enjoy your overstay
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Bluenose »

It's not quick but the standard way is book an appointment with VFS, take your old passport, application form, colour photocopies of every page and your passport photos and then sit and wait. Took 10 weeks at the end of last year. VFS do the courier part, not you https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Bluenose wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:14 am It's not quick but the standard way is book an appointment with VFS, take your old passport, application form, colour photocopies of every page and your passport photos and then sit and wait. Took 10 weeks at the end of last year. https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports
I have heard good results from the service, and mine is due soon for renewal
Always "hope" but never "expect".
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

I followed the link Bluenose posted and downloaded the PDFs:-

The overview for all passport applications: 6.4824_HMPO_Overseas_Guidance_Booklet_Applying_outside_the_uk.pdf
The actual form form: OS_Form_010.pdf
The guide on how to fill in the application: OS_Guidance_G3_10.16.pdf

A renewal seems pretty straightforward and the supporting docs seem straightforward.

and the cost in GBP

mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

I notice on that application it asked for copies of all passport pages and the same for any other passports you hold. That’s new.

Non of their business surely?
People of the world, spice up your life.
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Bluenose »

mannanman wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:20 am I notice on that application it asked for copies of all passport pages and the same for any other passports you hold. That’s new.

The reason for the copies of all pages of your current passport is to allow you to retain it until your new one arrives. If you actually lived in the UK you would have to return current passport with your application.
mcam
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by mcam »

Before the pandemic I did this and it only took 10 business days for the new passport to arrive in Cambodia. Very impressed with the service. Don't know what the current waiting times are now though.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

Bluenose wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:21 pm
mannanman wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:20 am I notice on that application it asked for copies of all passport pages and the same for any other passports you hold. That’s new.

The reason for the copies of all pages of your current passport is to allow you to retain it until your new one arrives. If you actually lived in the UK you would have to return current passport with your application.
Right, or they want to know where you’ve been (whilst out of the country) and what other citizenship you hold and where you’ve been on that.

That’s a new requirement.
People of the world, spice up your life.
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

My friend renewed his with vfs a few weeks ago. He got the new passport in under 2 weeks
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic