Who's watching the Olympics, what are you watching.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Who's watching the Olympics, what are you watching.

Post by sigmoid »

Chad Sexington wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:31 pm
sigmoid wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:20 pm Beach volleyball (women's) and diving (womens)
So, basically anything involving fit women in swimsuits getting airborne 🤔

Yes, and also some track and field events such as the high jump and long jump.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Doc67 wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:39 am Also, tragically, the curling
…because you enjoy watching a couple of scrubbers chasing someone’s stones along the sheets?
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

I am looking forward to the "kill a Uyghur' final I suspect the Chinese will sweep the board :stir:
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

not watching
BUT hopeful, someone, anyone there will make a statement in protest
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

I def won't be watching. Aussie athletes should be boycotting it imho after the CCP boycotted Aussie products. Send them an equal message.

Now I know some will say sport shouldn't be politicised. Well sorry, I think it already is with gov funding with a view to national prestige..
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

Am I the only guy on this planet who doesnt give a fu** about Olympics, no matter in what country its organised ?? My Tv switches channel automaticly if it would be on it !!
AE86
Expatriate
Japan

Post by AE86 »

Bongmab69 wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:46 pm Am I the only guy on this planet who doesnt give a fu** about Olympics, no matter in what country its organised ?? My Tv switches channel automaticly if it would be on it !!
I wouldn't say I don't give a damn, but I haven't watched the Olympics in any form except YouTube snippets for at least 20 years. It might be because I haven't owned a TV though for the same amount of time.
-insert signature here
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Freightdog wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:33 pm
Doc67 wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:39 am Also, tragically, the curling
…because you enjoy watching a couple of scrubbers chasing someone’s stones along the sheets?
Trust you...
siliconlife
Expatriate
Palau Island

Post by siliconlife »

Clutch Cargo wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:38 pm I def won't be watching. Aussie athletes should be boycotting it imho after the CCP boycotted Aussie products. Send them an equal message.

Now I know some will say sport shouldn't be politicised. Well sorry, I think it already is with gov funding with a view to national prestige..
Perhaps some who say as much would openly flaunt the contrary, as well? On Uyghur athlete, Dinigeer Yilamujiang:

"The 20-year-old cross country skier was one of the two athletes lighting the Olympic cauldron — which was actually a giant snowflake — Friday night at the opening ceremony for the Beijing 2022 Winter Olympic Games.

She appeared in headlines around the world as a symbol of the Uyghur people, who accuse the Chinese government of human rights violations. Choosing Yilamujiang was seen as an overtly political move which brought even more attention to the Uyghurs in the wake of diplomatic boycotts by the United States and other nations.

While Yilamujiang is arguably the most scrutinized cross country skier at the moment, she placed 43rd among 62 finishers as Therese Johaug of Norway won the first gold medal of these Olympics. Yilamujiang finished 5 minutes and 57 seconds behind Johaug."

https://www.infobae.com/aroundtherings/ ... s-a-skier/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic