Whoopi Suspended: She Expressed her View on the View

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Whoopi Suspended: She Expressed her View on the View

Post by nemo »

Yobbo wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:31 pm
nemo wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:19 pm
Yobbo wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:09 pm
Chad Sexington wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:51 am
Strictly speaking the color of the people is immaterial, the holocaust was absolutely “racism” it couldn’t be anything else, considering Hitlers mission was to exterminate the “Jewish race” (his words not mine)
We can debate whether “a race” is the correct term to bracket Jewish people in, but as far as Hitler was concerned they were, and he set about the extermination of that race.
Yes they are a race!
Perhaps some of "Them" are members here
Perhaps you can ID "them" down the pub ? Since they are a race it should be easy
Hmmm They usually have a big nose & don't leave a tip! :roll:
Not sure if taking the piss, if not, I suppose Australians are also a "race"
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

nemo wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:58 pm
[/quote]
To be a jew your mother must be a jew!!!
Australia does not care where you are from!
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Yobbo wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:13 pm
nemo wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:58 pm
To be a jew your mother must be a jew!!!
Australia does not care where you are from!
[/quote]
Not in modern times
I must also further complicate the definition of who is a Jew by explaining that since 1983, the liberal movement in Judaism, called Reform Judaism, passed a resolution which departed from the inherited Orthodox Jewish definition of being Jewish only through one's mother. In that resolution, the Reform movement declared that a person with a Jewish father and a non-Jewish mother could be considered Jewish and not in need of a formal conversion ceremony if that person was raised Jewish and identified as a Jew through public acts like joining a synagogue.
Among orthodox dinosaurs, yes
https://www.thenewsstar.com/story/news/ ... 155258001/
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

Hmmm 12 sons of Israel :shock: I know who wore the pants in that family :roll:
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

I've never seen the show, I thought it was a show directed at women viewers. Is that incorrect? I don't know who is on it but I thought it was a group of women for that very target market?

Not that Daikon and the other guys here aren't allowed to keep watching the View and whatever else they enjoy, I just found it surprising you all watch it or are interested in and impacted by what they say.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

The View has been on since 1997. It has reach and power. As such, it has a place in American culture.

I have only watched clips of episodes as I can't stand it for too long. Even my sweetheart mom stopped watching it years ago.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Clutch Cargo wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:01 pm Does anyone else think it odd that someone with a Jewish sounding name would make such a comment about the holocaust?

She later apologised and said she made a mistake but still puzzled as to what led her to use those words.

I also wondered what led her to choose such a stage name.. From Wikipedia:
About her stage surname, she claimed in 2011, "My mother did not name me Whoopi, but Goldberg is my name—it's part of my family, part of my heritage, just like being black", and "I just know I am Jewish. I practice nothing. I don't go to temple, but I do remember the holidays."[17] She has stated that "people would say 'Come on, are you Jewish?' And I always say 'Would you ask me that if I was white? I bet not.'"[17] One account recalls that her mother, Emma Johnson, thought the family's original surname was "not Jewish enough" for her daughter to become a star.[17] Researcher Henry Louis Gates Jr. found that all of Goldberg's traceable ancestors were African Americans, that she had no known German or Jewish ancestry, and that none of her ancestors were named Goldberg.[13] Results of a DNA test, revealed in the 2006 PBS documentary African American Lives, traced part of her ancestry to the Papel and Bayote people of modern-day Guinea-Bissau. Her admixture test indicates that she is of 92 percent sub-Saharan African origin and of 8 percent European origin.[18]
'Come on, are you Jewish?' And I always say 'Would you ask me that if I was white? I bet not.'

So, she never answers the question and is practiced in deflecting the enquiry into a racial confrontation; how charming.

In a nutshell, she isn't Jewish and has no reason to believe she is. She just changed her name for marketing purposes. If only she had just been honest about it.

At best sheidentifies as being Jewish and, these days ,as long as you identify as something everyone has to accept that and treat you accordingly. She probably thinks her Jewish credentials are beyond dispute. She is wrong.

Being Jewish requires being born as one or converting, and conversion takes a long time and a lot of work. She has neither of these credentials and is just a bullshit artist.

It's a pity someone high up in the Jewish community hasn't invited her to convert formally, i.e. call her bluff. I wonder what her reply would be.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Whoopi explained all this years ago.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Big Daikon wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:42 am Whoopi explained all this years ago.
"I don't believe in man made religions"

Did she really say that?

Is she just thick? That would explain a lot.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Doc67 wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:32 pm
Big Daikon wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:42 am Whoopi explained all this years ago.
"I don't believe in man made religions"

Did she really say that?

Is she just thick? That would explain a lot.
She simply prefers dog-made religions. I respect her choices.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic