Whoopi Suspended: She Expressed her View on the View

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Whoopi Suspended: She Expressed her View on the View

Post by timmydownawell »

Chad Sexington wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:51 am
Strictly speaking the color of the people is immaterial, the holocaust was absolutely “racism” it couldn’t be anything else, considering Hitlers mission was to exterminate the “Jewish race” (his words not mine)
We can debate whether “a race” is the correct term to bracket Jewish people in, but as far as Hitler was concerned they were, and he set about the extermination of that race.
Not just about racism. Don't forget gay men also got sent to the gas chambers.

Whoopi had a brain snap here and just blurted out crap without thinking. Pretty sure she knows better and knew better, but just had a moment.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

timmydownawell wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:56 pm
Strictly speaking the color of the people is immaterial, the holocaust was absolutely “racism” it couldn’t be anything else, considering Hitlers mission was to exterminate the “Jewish race” (his words not mine)
We can debate whether “a race” is the correct term to bracket Jewish people in, but as far as Hitler was concerned they were, and he set about the extermination of that race.

Whoopi had a brain snap here and just blurted out crap without thinking. Pretty sure she knows better and knew better, but just had a moment.
And that's just the point. Reasonable people understand this and are prepared to move on and debate and educate.
So why should WG get a free pass?
Especially when we can bet our last penny she'll be right back to her old cancel culture ways once this all blows over.
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

[/quote]
Yes they are a race!
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

I’m not going to dispute the fact that people other than Jews were targeted, but the reality is that Jews were the main target.
Whoopi knew exactly what she was thinking when she said what she said, and meant it.
It’s clear to anyone with a brain that her pseudo apology was insincere “people misunderstood what she meant” ffs. I’d bet good money that the apology was not her idea, rather damage limitation insisted upon by her bosses/handlers.
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

Yobbo wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:09 pm
Yes they are a race!
[/quote]

I’m not going to disagree with you, though some would.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Yes they are a race!
Perhaps some of "Them" are members here
Perhaps you can ID "them" down the pub ? Since they are a race it should be easy
Last edited by nemo on Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

IraHayes wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:45 pm now, back to the OP.
Whoopi has fully embraced the whole CRT and her comments about the holocaust actually fit with the recent change (yes, i know they changed it back again after the WG incident) in definition of "racism" on the ADL website.
Basically, ADL went full on CRT and changed the definition to mean only blacks can be the victims of racism. So, with this in mind, WG, believed she was correct in her views that because the jews were white it wasn't racism.

As to her being "cancelled". She has been at the forefront of every baying mob going when lesser mortals dared to express an opinion that didn't sit well with her. She will be back on air soon and you can bet the next "wrong-thought" opinion she hears she will be right back calling for someone's career to be terminated etc etc. So, I hope she gets her knickers all bunched up and truly spits that big fat dummy out as far as she can and stomps away in a huff like the child she is.
Pre-Whoopi:

Post-Whoopi:

Also, anyone notice the ADL has gotten rather brazen recently? An NGO making demands that people be punished/fired. WTF is that?
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

You mean she really stepped in it..
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

Chad Sexington wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:16 pm
Yes they are a race!
I’m not going to disagree with you, though some would.
I will refer to the clan Isaac of McIsaac who are as tight as fu%k man, not only are they Scottish but also Hebrew! :shock:
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

nemo wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:19 pm
Yes they are a race!
Perhaps some of "Them" are members here
Perhaps you can ID "them" down the pub ? Since they are a race it should be easy
Hmmm They usually have a big nose & don't leave a tip! :roll:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic