QUARANTINE!?!?!?!?!?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
AlexJonesCrab
Expatriate
Australia

QUARANTINE!?!?!?!?!?

Post by AlexJonesCrab »

I am reading that upon arrival in Cambodia, if just one person comes in positive for COVID, the whole plane load of tourists has to quarantine for 14 frigging days!!
Surely not!
You would just get your on negative RAT or PCR and go about your business?
Any fact checkers here? :o
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: QUARANTINE!?!?!?!?!?

Post by Chuck Borris »

Not whole plane, but nearest rows I read. 10 days I heard.
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

No. Even if you were near they’ll just ring and let you know.
People of the world, spice up your life.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

:facepalm: Don't freak out. If you were sitting within a certain number of rows (most reports indicate up to 5 rows either side) of someone who tested positive on arrival, you will just get a phone call from the MoH and instructed to self-quarantine for 7 - 14 days (most recent reports indicate 7 days) and get a PCR test prior to ending your self-quarantine.
Eeyan
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Eeyan »

Any news on if they phone your hotel to let them know?
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Eeyan wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:11 pm Any news on if they phone your hotel to let them know?
My friend turned up 3 weeks ago and they contacted him about 4 days after his arrival (they tracked him down through an old phone number on his Visa application) and told him to attend a testing station in Koh Pich in two days time, meanwhile stay at home.

He went to the Koh Pich testing station for a PCR, and was told to go home afterwards. If they didn't phone him by the end of the following day he is clear, but should still remain at home for 5 more days. They didn't call and he didn't stay at home.
Eeyan
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Eeyan »

Doc67 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:30 am
Eeyan wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:11 pm Any news on if they phone your hotel to let them know?
My friend turned up 3 weeks ago and they contacted him about 4 days after his arrival (they tracked him down through an old phone number on his Visa application) and told him to attend a testing station in Koh Pich in two days time, meanwhile stay at home.

He went to the Koh Pich testing station for a PCR, and was told to go home afterwards. If they didn't phone him by the end of the following day he is clear, but should still remain at home for 5 more days. They didn't call and he didn't stay at home.
Hi thanks for the info.

I'm guessing when you say "at home" he has an apartment/house as opposed to a hotel?

As they are contacting people I guess it's easy for them to trace holidaymakers, they just phone the hotel. A pain for the tourist, but good to see they're monitoring everyone who comes in. Most of the UK was moaning about our slack entry rules during covid not so long ago so can't have it both ways.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Eeyan wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:36 pm
Doc67 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:30 am

Hi thanks for the info.

I'm guessing when you say "at home" he has an apartment/house as opposed to a hotel?

As they are contacting people I guess it's easy for them to trace holidaymakers, they just phone the hotel. A pain for the tourist, but good to see they're monitoring everyone who comes in. Most of the UK was moaning about our slack entry rules during covid not so long ago so can't have it both ways.
He lives in a shop house with his in-laws downstairs and him, his Mrs and kid upstairs. They never inspected his property. I doubt the hotel will kick up a fuss, unless you yourself test positive at the airport and don't want you staying there. In which case you'll be carted off to one that will take you, into the mystery bus you shall go...

If you think this is stressful, this is nothing. When I got back here in July 2020 there was 48 hours mandatory quarantine. If your paperwork was not up to scratch, you got turned away - many did. $2k cash deposit. Insurance that explicitly said Covid is covered (many policies were written before it was discovered) , PCR tests that explicitly said "negative" and had stamps and signatures on them. They were hard to get back then and whether what you could get was acceptable at the airport was the worst of the uncertainty.

And finally, If anyone tested positive on your flight, the whole flight was then quarantined for a further 12 days. Now that's a stressful 48 hours...
Eeyan
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Eeyan »

Stressful?

No, not at all really.

The stress is on you Doc, cos if I get pinged for quarantine I'm eating all your cheese 🧀 😅
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Two weeks ago, my son tested positive to a pre-flight PCR test. He was told to go home and self quarantine for 2 weeks. They asked him to send a copy of his passport ID page, presumably to ensure he doesn't try to leave the country too early. Every few days he gets a call from someone (a bot, not human) asking if he has any covid symptoms, which he doesn't.
He did a RA test at home last Sunday and tested negative.

My understanding of the Khmer counting system is that his 14 days would have ended yesterday. Yesterday he got an automated call asking if he has any symptoms again/still. He has heard nothing about his quarantine ending, or doing a RA test and sending the result. Not a word.
When he tries to call the number that has been calling him about symptoms, all he gets is an auto-robot but no human.

How long do they plan on keeping people prisoner? Why?
This is getting extremely frustrating. Who ya gonna call? ffs!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic