Covid positive

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Covid positive

Post by Chuck Borris »

Just tested myself in the morning, had a fever and sleepless night, I am covid positive. For now I have 39C temperature and muscle ache. In a case if things go worse, which hospital in PP you suggest? I have insurance for 100k$, Covid included. Dont want to be a minute in Khmer covid centers.
Any remedies, medicine recommended? TIA.
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Covid positive

Post by Doc67 »

Chuck Borris wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:45 am Just tested myself in the morning, had a fever and sleepless night, I am covid positive. For now I have 39C temperature and muscle ache. In a case if things go worse, which hospital in PP you suggest? I have insurance for 100k$, Covid included. Dont want to be a minute in Khmer covid centers.

I know 2 people who had it last week, and they were the ones that admitted it. I am amazed I didn't catch it, maybe I did and was asymptomatic.

Do you have an oximeter, the little thing you put on your finger that tells you your blood oxygen levels? The only reason to go near a hospital is shortness of breath and low oxygen in the blood; that's what will do you in (being in a Khmer hospital may well finish you off!).

If you haven't got an oximeter, get one and once you know your breathing is working and your oxygen levels are are normal, you'll feel much better. They are about $20 iirc.

As for medications I recommend paracetamol, pizzas and Netflix.

Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

Doc67 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:45 am
Chuck Borris wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:45 am Just tested myself in the morning, had a fever and sleepless night, I am covid positive. For now I have 39C temperature and muscle ache. In a case if things go worse, which hospital in PP you suggest? I have insurance for 100k$, Covid included. Dont want to be a minute in Khmer covid centers.

I know 2 people who had it last week, and they were the ones that admitted it. I am amazed I didn't catch it, maybe I did and was asymptomatic.

Do you have an oximeter, the little thing you put on your finger that tells you your blood oxygen levels? The only reason to go near a hospital is shortness of breath and low oxygen in the blood; that's what will do you in (being in a Khmer hospital may well finish you off!).

If you haven't got an oximeter, get one and once you know your breathing is working and your oxygen levels are are normal, you'll feel much better. They are about $20 iirc.

Thanks Doc. I saw quite a few people using tissues over the weekend, all claiming it just a cold. :) It is my first morning. I feel like train run over me, but luckily no coughing and headaches (yet) I hope I will have only mild symptoms.
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
Ozinasia
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ozinasia »

thats sucks mate, wish you a fully and speedy recovery ... good friend of mine just messaged me she is also feeling really ill this morning She sounds very ill.

My cough is here, so horrible, feel like something stuck in my front throat, cannot spit out, cannot swallow in, coughing made it worse, hurting throat like sore throat.
ខ្មែរ
ខ្មែរ សប់ភើ
Been coughing all night last night.
I told her broad spectrum antibiotic. That is normal as it becomes a bacterial infection of the lungs.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Chuck Borris wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:19 am
Doc67 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:45 am

Thanks Doc. I saw quite a few people using tissues over the weekend, all claiming it just a cold. :) It is my first morning. I feel like train run over me, but luckily no coughing and headaches (yet) I hope I will have only mild symptoms.
It's everywhere. It's highly likely to be Omicron so all I can say is... you lucky lucky git! It's the best vaccine money can't buy and now you'll have long term protection. Just watch the breathing.

Cheer up, it could be worse...

orussey98
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by orussey98 »

Time to try ivermectine and to know if conspiracy theorists are right or wrong

Go for broad spectrum antibiotic like amoxicillin if you don't want to know the answer
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

conventional treatment if respiratory symptoms are present includes dexamethasone.
N-acetyl cysteine is effective in loosening mucus and is widely available
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

nemo wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:05 am conventional treatment if respiratory symptoms are present includes dexamethasone.
N-acetyl cysteine is effective in loosening mucus and is widely available
Dexamethasone is a pretty strong medicine with many side effects and there are quite some contra indications. It's only prescribed to covid patients if the infection takes longer than a week and oxygen is given.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Wishing you a speedy recovery there OP.

Hopefully it won't come to it, but for hospitals there was a discussion here: post529605.html#p529605

RPP is arguably the best albeit very expensive.. but if insurance pays..
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic