Covid positive

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Covid positive

Post by nerdlinger »

Clutch Cargo wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:49 am
nerdlinger wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:02 am
orussey98 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:59 am
Go for broad spectrum antibiotic like amoxicillin if you don't want to know the answer
Antibiotics do nothing against viruses. Even the anti-science nutcases haven’t been pushing antibiotics.

What overprescription of antibiotics has however done is brought about the rise of drug-resistant strains of tuberculosis in many developing countries, including Cambodia. So knock it off.
That is true. But it is often the case that viruses can trigger a consequential bacterial infection especially viruses that affect the respiratory system like the flu and covid.
That’s as maybe, but I don’t know of any doctors recommending people should pre-emptively take antibiotics on the offchance that they might get an infection, unless there’s some factor specific to that patient that makes them unusually high risk.

But I guess maybe Cambodian doctors are from the “give them a big bag of pills and hope one of them works” school of medicine that seems popular in some countries.
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

I know several people who have had if here and all have had pretty mild reactions. But about 1500 have died in Australia since January 1st. Mostly in aged care where they did not get their boosters before governments let it rip. A lot of kids are in hospital and school has only just gone back in most states. Not in Qld until next week. It is not looking good,
Many people off work, supply chains broken down and many supermarket shelves empty.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

nerdlinger wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:13 pm
Clutch Cargo wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:49 am
nerdlinger wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:02 am
orussey98 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:59 am
Go for broad spectrum antibiotic like amoxicillin if you don't want to know the answer
Antibiotics do nothing against viruses. Even the anti-science nutcases haven’t been pushing antibiotics.

What overprescription of antibiotics has however done is brought about the rise of drug-resistant strains of tuberculosis in many developing countries, including Cambodia. So knock it off.
That is true. But it is often the case that viruses can trigger a consequential bacterial infection especially viruses that affect the respiratory system like the flu and covid.
That’s as maybe, but I don’t know of any doctors recommending people should pre-emptively take antibiotics on the offchance that they might get an infection, unless there’s some factor specific to that patient that makes them unusually high risk.

But I guess maybe Cambodian doctors are from the “give them a big bag of pills and hope one of them works” school of medicine that seems popular in some countries.
Did I say pre-emptively? If you go back and read my post properly and quote it in full, you'll see I was prescribed antibiotics only AFTER I was diagnosed with bronchitis. There was no suggestion they should be taken as some sort of proactive, preventative medicine.
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

Clutch Cargo wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:10 pm
Did I say pre-emptively? If you go back and read my post properly and quote it in full, you'll see I was prescribed antibiotics only AFTER I was diagnosed with bronchitis. There was no suggestion they should be taken as some sort of proactive, preventative medicine.
Ah no, I was still referring to orussey’s suggestion.
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

mannanman wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:04 pm
Chuck Borris wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:15 pm Last week, the CDC released data which demonstrated natural immunity was 2.8 times as effective in preventing hospitalization and 3.3 to 4.7 times as effective in preventing COVID infection compared with vaccination, according to Makary.
“We found that immunity was strong, nearly two years out from the infection,

https://www.clarkcountytoday.com/news/n ... PJVSheAo9I
Is there a test that can determine who has natural immunity?
I think National Institute of Public Health (NIPH for short) do the antibody test, but only with the PCR test.
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

nerdlinger wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:31 pm
Well then don't quote me and quote orussey98.

Wait, you did that already here: post531934.html#p531934

Which makes me think you're not happy to leave it at that, after you made your point, but have to come back for more..

Which leads me to make a mod observation based on some of your posting history that your main purpose on this forum seems to be to pick people up on points and get into discussion/arguments for the sake of it...aka classic keyboard warrior. Hoping you prove me wrong on that but that's the vibe I'm getting and other members have said so too. And you don't have any direct affinity with Cambodia other than having 3 attempts at requesting advice for starting a business in 2017, 2020 and now.
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

Clutch Cargo wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:37 pm

Which makes me think you're not happy to leave it at that, after you made your point, but have to come back for more..

Which leads me to make a mod observation based on some of your posting history that your main purpose on this forum seems to be to pick people up on points and get into discussion/arguments for the sake of it...aka classic keyboard warrior. Hoping you prove me wrong on that but that's the vibe I'm getting and other members have said so too. And you don't have any direct affinity with Cambodia other than having 3 attempts at requesting advice for starting a business in 2017, 2020 and now.
Orussey WAS included in the post I replied to. If you’re going to turn a simple misunderstanding into a lengthy personal attack then screw it, ban me.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

nerdlinger wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:40 pm
Clutch Cargo wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:37 pm

Orussey WAS included in the post I replied to. If you’re going to turn a simple misunderstanding into a lengthy personal attack then screw it, ban me.
Fine, take a week off and come back when you can contribute more positively than picking arguments with members.
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

To kill boredom of self quarantine I watch documentaries. This one is pretty cool.

Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Chuck Borris wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:13 pm To kill boredom of self quarantine I watch documentaries. This one is pretty cool.
To kill boredom of self quarantine i watch the hallucinogenic honey hunters on CEO.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic