Covid positive

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Covid positive

Post by timmydownawell »

For about a week I've had sore throat, blocked/runny nose, and a (phlegmy) cough. No fever or headaches. I've done three tests (throat/nose) and all were negative during this time. I really hate being paranoid but maybe it really is just a cold.

Good luck @Chuck Borris hope you're better soon.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
jah steu
Expatriate
Australia

Covid positive

Post by jah steu »

Molnupiravir tablets are now available in cambodia and are shown to reduce the length of time of symptoms. They are about $60 per course of treatment.

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50994213/c ... s-kingdom/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from embedded sub-cutaneous iPhone 9 using Tapatalk.
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

timmydownawell wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:22 pm For about a week I've had sore throat, blocked/runny nose, and a (phlegmy) cough. No fever or headaches. I've done three tests (throat/nose) and all were negative during this time. I really hate being paranoid but maybe it really is just a cold.

Good luck @Chuck Borris hope you're better soon.
Thank you Timmy, I had a bad running nose 2 weeks ago, was negative. Tonight I got fever and muscle ache, no running nose, headache or sore throat so far. Did test in the morning. My friend with who I had close contact on Saturday tested positive as well.
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

jah steu wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:37 pm Molnupiravir tablets are now available in cambodia and are shown to reduce the length of time of symptoms. They are about $60 per course of treatment.

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50994213/c ... s-kingdom/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Chuck hope you feel better soon. Try to avoid hospitals.
I recently had all the symptoms, sore throat, blocked/runny nose, and a (phlegmy) cough. headaches, and even the Covid rash. I have been doing the hospital runs of late.
Last swabs up my nose, think they were doing a brain scrape, my eyes were watering, but $5 for the test, was negative. And with visiting hospitals, the rash is scabies.
I have just seen another rat in the ICU with two cats trying to get it, and I am sleeping on the ICU floor.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

orussey98 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:59 am
Chuck Borris wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:45 am Just tested myself in the morning, had a fever and sleepless night, I am covid positive. For now I have 39C temperature and muscle ache. In a case if things go worse, which hospital in PP you suggest? I have insurance for 100k$, Covid included. Dont want to be a minute in Khmer covid centers.
Any remedies, medicine recommended? TIA.
Time to try ivermectine and to know if conspiracy theorists are right or wrong

Go for broad spectrum antibiotic like amoxicillin if you don't want to know the answer
Antibiotics do nothing against viruses. Even the anti-science nutcases haven’t been pushing antibiotics.

What overprescription of antibiotics has however done is brought about the rise of drug-resistant strains of tuberculosis in many developing countries, including Cambodia. So knock it off.
Last edited by nerdlinger on Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

Not going to experiment with dubious medicine. I took Doliprane 1000mg every 6 hours yesterday, as my fever was over 39C. Today my fever is less than 39C, feel a bit better, I also increased vitamins intake. Still every muscle hurt, but luckily no running nose, sore throat or headache.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

nerdlinger wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:02 am
orussey98 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:59 am
Chuck Borris wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:45 am Just tested myself in the morning, had a fever and sleepless night, I am covid positive. For now I have 39C temperature and muscle ache. In a case if things go worse, which hospital in PP you suggest? I have insurance for 100k$, Covid included. Dont want to be a minute in Khmer covid centers.
Any remedies, medicine recommended? TIA.
Time to try ivermectine and to know if conspiracy theorists are right or wrong

Go for broad spectrum antibiotic like amoxicillin if you don't want to know the answer
Antibiotics do nothing against viruses. Even the anti-science nutcases haven’t been pushing antibiotics.

What overprescription of antibiotics has however done is brought about the rise of drug-resistant strains of tuberculosis in many developing countries, including Cambodia. So knock it off.
That is true. But it is often the case that viruses can trigger a consequential bacterial infection especially viruses that affect the respiratory system like the flu and covid. Runny nose and phlegm running down the back of the throat. Back in Jan 2020 I caught what I thought at the time was the flu (but now suspect covid) and got the flu like symptoms ie temperature, hot and cold, body aches and pains and runny nose. Within a day I had a cough and another day a much deeper one that urged me to go to a doctor urgently who said I had bronchitus already. I had no choice but take antibiotics at that point. He said if I didn't treat that quickly it can develop into pneumonia.

But yeah, they're becoming really resistant. Some months ago I had H. Pylori a nasty and resistant bacterial stomach infection and I had to take a cocktail of several varieties of antibiotic for a period of 2 weeks to knock it out. It worked but not nice.

By the way, moved the Ivermectin posts to an existing dedicated topic for that. Let's not derail this topic for the OP.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

OP, don't know if you're on stomach acid reducers, but I know many are.

If you are, quit taking them while going through this. If not the virus might pass on to your intestines because of lack of (virus killing) acid in your stomach which might lead to all kind of trouble there if you keep taking the whatever-zole medication.

For the rest, monitor your fluid intake. Put yourself on a schedule of at least 3L a day and try to stick to it.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

OP - I wouldn't take medical advice from anyone on this forum were I you
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic