how do u all stand on Neil Young and Jodi Mitchell pulling their music off Spotify>?

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

how do u all stand on Neil Young and Jodi Mitchell pulling their music off Spotify>?

Post by phuketrichard »

Seems now Jodi Mitchell has joined Neil Young in removing their music from spotify cause of Joe Rogan's anti vac podcasts

Although i dont agree with all of Joe's claims, people need to make up their own minds with taking info from all sides>>
Who is anyone to claim their "lies"?

Lies or only his opinion? he even admits he is NOT a dr.....

Spotify is NOT spreading lies, its just giving a controversial podcaster a platform. People have the right to make up their own minds on every issue

always 2 sides of every story>>>

.......The two music giants decided to abandon the streaming service in protest of it’s prized podcaster Joe Rogan, who they’ve accused of spreading fake information about COVID vaccines.

......because Spotify is spreading fake information about vaccines – potentially causing death to those who believe the disinformation being spread by them.”

The following day, Spotify chose Rogan and his popular podcast “The Joe Rogan Experience.”

Spotify reportedly paid more than $100 million to be the exclusive home of Rogan’s show. Young, meanwhile, may lose 60 percent of his streaming income from his defiant stance, he said in a statement on his website.

Neils reason
.....Young noted, "Most of the listeners hearing the unfactual, misleading and false COVID information on SPOTIFY are 24 years old, impressionable and easy to swing to the wrong side of the truth. These young people believe SPOTIFY would never present grossly unfactual information. They unfortunately are wrong. I knew I had to try to point that out.

uninformed 24 year olds trusting only one source, wtf??? says alot about how one media outlet can control the outcome
Last edited by phuketrichard on Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
SlowJoe
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: how do u all stand on the Joe Rogan spotify's issue?

Post by SlowJoe »

I feel like I shouldn't say this, but to hell with it...my stance is "Who gives a fuck what Neil Young and Jodi Mitchell think?"

EDIT: I guess my real take is that I wish everyone (perhaps myself included) should just try a little more "shut the hell up" for a change. Too much noise in this world already.
Last edited by SlowJoe on Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: how do u all stand on Neil Young and Jodi Mitchell pulling their music off Spotify>?

Post by nemo »

dilligaf
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Re: how do u all stand on Neil Young and Jodi Mitchell pulling their music off Spotify>?

Post by ItWasntMe »

It would take some effort to care less
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Rogan has 11 million followers and is a $100 million cash cow for Spotify. It would need someone like Adele to pull her music for Spotify to care.
Kampuchia Crumbs
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kampuchia Crumbs »

Can't remember where I got this, but I laughed my ass off at it.
What, Me worry?
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Well, I hope I will remember Neil Young.
sammycooke
Expatriate
Canada

Post by sammycooke »

Good on them. At least they stand up for science and put their money where their mouths are.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Goddammit!! Her name is Joni. Joni with an 'n'.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Granted, Neil Young is a bit of a nut himself.

https://www.takimag.com/article/the-wee ... ished-175/
The irony about Young’s “protest” is that Young himself has a history of spreading medical disinfo. In the 1980s, he went on a bizarre crusade against gays working in public places, because he thought you could get AIDS by touching something a gay person had touched.

“You go to the supermarket and you see a faggot behind the fucking cash register, you don’t want him to handle your potatoes.”
Apparently, Mr. Young was also a big fan of a budding musician by the name of Charles Manson.
https://thebrag.com/charles-manson-and- ... ng-manson/
Manson seems to recall his friendship with Young favourably, stating from his Vacaville prison cell in 1995 that all the other Laurel Canyon musicians wrote him off, and “didn’t give a shit” – except for Neil Young.

“Charlie remembers me too, huh?” Young remarked when told of Manson’s fondness. “Everybody else ripped him off. I gave him a motorcycle. I turned out to be a good guy.”
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic